• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you get crushes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i9OWHtfnXeukN.gif

Sometimes.
WjAV2.gif

Well shit... I guess I do.

RM8

Honestly, no. I can admire looks and stuff, but that's not enough to get me romantic or anything, lol.

I did in middle school and high school. Now that i've grown older i can't say i crush on anyone anymore. Perhaps because in college i have less time to hang out with girls for long periods of time.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Not all crushes are unattainable.

Most of them are. Usually people with a lot of self-confidence wouldn't even classify them as a "crush," but just another girl they like. There's exceptions though.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe this is what's going on with me.

It probably is. Recalling your posts, you've fucked asians, redheads, and plenty of other girls. I just fucked my ex which dumped me, and had a Jewish chick suck my dick. Quite the difference.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sexual confidence and emotional sensitivity/investment are not mutually exclusive.

Pastry

Banned
Because it sucks to constantly remind yourself of something you can never have, but be unable to make yourself stop wanting it.

Why not ask her out, what do you have to lose? As I mentioned previously in this thread I'm going to ask my crush who I'm 75% sure is a lesbian out on a date the next time I see her. The worst that could happen is they turn you down and you laugh and move on, having no shame will get you places.

And I disagree with Eggman saying that crushes are unattainable. Every girl I have ever been with I had a crush on before we started dating. Isn't a crush a girl that you like anyway? What would you consider a crush then?

Dice

crushes eventually becomes renamed into people i want to have sex with
Since most people are sexually expressive, that does tend to be involved when you admire someone, but your admiration can far extend beyond the desire to have sex with them.

Since most people are sexually expressive, that does tend to be involved when you admire someone, but your admiration can far extend beyond the desire to have sex with them.

Quite. My crushes are more romantic in nature, actually. The heart pain type. Ultimately, they've gone on for shorter and shorter periods in time... eventually I'll not have crushes (hopefully).

Dice

Quite. My crushes are more romantic in nature, actually. The heart pain type. Ultimately, they've gone on for shorter and shorter periods in time... eventually I'll not have crushes (hopefully).
Developing better standards can go a long way. I don't mean to hold out for someone perfect, but even practical standards can keep the intensity of a crush low.

For example, in the past I've had too many women who were very engaging and pull me in closer, yet then start acting strangely when we have developed some connection and intimacy. Well, I am no mind reader and I don't like dealing with women with such low confidence that they can't say what they want even when asked. So that's a quick turnoff, as well as something that keeps me from getting too excited about a woman just because we initially hit it off well. Some play games, and some only like the game, but I don't. I like confident transparency and a practical approach to romance and don't like women who can't handle it.

Some guys seem to need something that will moderate their expectations/excitement before it even gets that far. I have a friend who goes crazy for girls before he is even really close to them. I tell him it doesn't make sense because ultimately, the type of girl he wants is the type who will like him, so he shouldn't invest himself so deeply before he knows that she meets that basic standard. This hasn't gotten through to him, because apparently he likes to admire his concepts of what a girl might be like, only to be disappointed by how she really is in the end.

You can certainly come to admire a person for who they are after you have truly come to know them to a decent extent, yet well before any romantic pursuit, so crushes are possible. However, I think a lot of crushes simply come from filling in the blanks of your knowledge of a person with ideal traits. If you hold standards, it puts you in a more evaluative mindset and you wait for those blanks to be filled in by reality rather than assuming. It makes you less excitable about romantic prospects but more certain when you find something good..

MYE

Yup yup that I do.

And lately, mostly with girls who are already happily committed too so I cant do shit
yay

IHaveIce

Banned
Yes, I do .. there was a girl years ago, super cute and everything, wanted to give me her number and maybe went with her to the next club etc.. but my friend felt sick and so I went with him home and forgot to say bye and take her number. I often think back to this situation and still can't get it out of my head..

but right now it doesn't matter have a geat girlfriend and right now my crush for her couldn't be bigger

GavinGT

Banned
No, I know, that's why I like it. I meant tell me about your crush.

Oh, haha. She's a new girl at my work. She's cute and intelligent, but also a college dropout with few aspirations. We hit it off very well. She's always receptive to my flirtations. But she almost definitely has a boyfriend and I'm not in a place in my life where I can accommodate a girlfriend, anyways.

Oh, haha. She's a new girl at my work. She's cute and intelligent, but also a college dropout with few aspirations. We hit it off very well. She's always receptive to my flirtations. But she almost definitely has a boyfriend and I'm not in a place in my life where I can accommodate a girlfriend, anyways.

Do you have any friends?

Chibits12

Banned
The last major crush I had was back in middle school. She was so awesome and cool but I was such a wimp. Sigh...

I've had a couple of crushes but forever alone.

Amikami

Banned
Whenever I've gotten a crush, an actual crush, it's some tv character who could never be mine, but it doesn't bother me because tv isn't real anyways. As for people I'm actually around. I've never crushed but have been interested, but duh. That's normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom