• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Omni

That tank suggestion is pretty awful :\

Has the tank ever worked in MM? I can't remember it being so bad in Halo 3

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Monolith has Red Triforces everywhere. That's been my Halo logo since Halo 2 day 1.

8====================================D

Madness

To be fair they acted like Reach was good.

To be fair, aside from a competitive halo multiplayer standpoint, Reach was a great game.

What exactly was wrong with Reach, in all aspects? It was one of the best made games in 2010.

I'll tell you what I hated, Armor abilities, bloom, poor playlist management especially with the transfer, too many forge maps, DMR, poor movement, film grain and the ghosting.

Everything else from art direction, level design, sound design, animations, enemy A.I. was top notch.

Striker

That tank suggestion is pretty awful :\

Has the tank ever worked in MM? I can't remember it being so bad in Halo 3
jAnsYDST4nPjH_e.jpg

Madness

Who hates Bungie ViDocs? Those are some of my favorite dev videos. Granted this last one for Destiny wasn't too good, but come on. Would you rather they don't give any ViDocs at all? Bungie has some of the best interaction with fans. Mail sacks, humpdays, ride alongs, ViDocs, post-mortems.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Kinda embarrassing the maps need o be tweaked to be made competitive.

What about meeeee

It's been happening since Forge was first put in. It even happened on Heretic, the remake of the best Halo map.

Also, some junior is walking around with that same avatar but just a little zoomed out. Just a heads up

Who hates Bungie ViDocs? Those are some of my favorite dev videos. Granted this last one for Destiny wasn't too good, but come on. Would you rather they don't give any ViDocs at all? Bungie has some of the best interaction with fans. Mail sacks, humpdays, ride alongs, ViDocs, post-mortems.

Yeah... I thought one of people's complaints was that 343 didn't do enough of these.

I enjoyed the 3 part 'Making Of' quite a lot. Thought it was well done.

Yeah they've released a lot more, but I remember a few months before Halo 4 came out people were complaining that we had barely gotten any ViDoc/BTS videos. The majestic one was good, I hope they do one for each map pack going forward.

CliQ

Well, i am clearly not good at expressing myself through text so i'll just lurk and keep my opinions to myself. I hope you guys can love me for what I am.

May long range combat last forever.

Korosenai

Just played Halo 4 for the first time in 2 weeks and almost got a perfection in my first game (14-0). I really like Team Throwdown.

Didn't realize that the radar only shows teammates though until about two minutes in when someone sneaked up on me. Scared me a little.

J10

Banned

Bungie ViDocs: Better than nothing at all.

Akai__

Holy crap, that SuperDaE guy, which leaked some details about Durango got raided. He was also that guy, which sold the Durango Dev Kit over ebay.

Link

Brainstorming another revised Promethean Knight class possibly called the Grappler that primarily uses the Gravity Gauntlet and grenades. What else should it use, if anything? I was debating dual Boltshots or the UNSC grenade launcher that got modified by Engineers but any suggestions are welcome.

Fuchsdh

The pistol didn't have aim assist out the ass at extreme range like the DMR does. You don't have to lead the DMR at extreme range like you did the pistol. These two things make for a pretty sizable difference in how it plays. If they want to actually make five-shotting someone at long range something that requires some talent instead of being trivially easy like it is now, they can go nuts with the weapon's power.

Invoking fiction to defend multiplayer balance is incredibly silly.

As a fiction guy, I also agree :)

Adding the leading mechanic to the DMR would be one good way of reducing its power if 343 keeps it in loadouts (personally I wish they'd just dropped it from the get-go, LR + BR + Carbine covers all factions anyhow. Should have been left to get glasses on Reach.)

Also, remove the Banshee bomb and place Banshee in middle of Exile like in Dominion, remove the Gauss Hog and Scorpion. Asymmetric vehicle placements is bad, as much as I love both vehicles. (My random suggestions for Exile.)

FyreWulff

Cartographers, check your forum

All I really remember about Containment was some guy shooting a plasma pistol at me that shot tanks. For whatever reason, most of my memories around that map involve people modding it to hell.

For me, it was Turf and Relic.

edit: you could pretty much tell which mod patch modders were using within 3 minutes of the game. It was essentially a small group of modders that made the original patches, then all the script kiddies just downloaded and used those mods themselves.

The only modder I was ever impressed by was the one that modded us on Headlong.

So if thats all the TU does then why were they being all "We cant list the changes yet cause people will find out what we are fixing and abuse it till the TU"?

There is very little in there of note. Most of them are just bug fies rather than sandbox fixes.

Bungie really made it hard to defend their ViDocs in that gaming side thread when they called Reach their swan song. I was going to make a compelling post to support their ViDocs, but if someone brings up that comment, my argument is done.

Because it was their swan song to Halo, by definition.

1326910583_larry_david_reaction.gif

For me, it was Turf and Relic.

edit: you could pretty much tell which mod patch modders were using within 3 minutes of the game. It was essentially a small group of modders that made the original patches, then all the script kiddies just downloaded and used those mods themselves.

The only modder I was ever impressed by was the one that modded us on Headlong.

Yea Halo 2 mods online were pretty boring. It was usually just cheating mods or shooting something out of a charged plasma pistol. There were some fantastic mods which couldn't be played online.

Halo 5 better have a beta me thinks.

What difference will it make if they continue to shove Fiesta down our throats. Its becoming apparent that we are ruining their vision for Halo with all this competitive balance nonsense.

You know what you really help 343i stop this circle of disappointing the fan base?

Feb 20th TU update - Bug fixes
Apr 20th TU update - Balancing, tweaks etc

See, this way people have the right expectations.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What difference will it make if they continue to shove Fiesta down our throats. Its becoming apparent that we are ruining their vision for Halo with all this competitive balance nonsense.

You know what you really help 343i stop this circle of disappointing the fan base?

Feb 20th TU update - Bug fixes
Apr 20th TU update - Balancing, tweaks etc

See, this way people have the right expectations.

lol.

Bungie really made it hard to defend their ViDocs in that gaming side thread when they called Reach their swan song. I was going to make a compelling post to support their ViDocs, but if someone brings up that comment, my argument is done.
Because it was their swan song to Halo, by definition.

FyreWulff

Yea Halo 2 mods online were pretty boring. It was usually just cheating mods or shooting something out of a charged plasma pistol. There were some fantastic mods which couldn't be played online.

I played as an Elite in Halo 2 so I could fight against modders that would put all the cheat-traits on the Elite biped (invincible, etc) because they were trying to exploit the fact that the vast majority of players would be Spartans.

I'm REALLY glad nobody has to play the anti-modder metagame anymore.

I played as an Elite in Halo 2 so I could fight against modders that would put all the cheat-traits on the Elite biped (invincible, etc) because they were trying to exploit the fact that the vast majority of players would be Spartans.

I'm REALLY glad nobody has to play the anti-modder metagame anymore.

ah those were the days. I never really ran into cheaters, maybe because I got live in October 05 and it wasn't as bad then.

But it's a shame that Halo 2 modding automatically became associated with cheating, there were a lot of cool mods that came out of it. Oh well.

Toa TAK

Banned
ah those were the days. I never really ran into cheaters, maybe because I got live in October 05 and it wasn't as bad then.

But it's a shame that Halo 2 modding automatically became associated with cheating, there were a lot of cool mods that came out of it. Oh well.

But what about Custom games mods? I joined a few modded custom games and those were awesome, and that was considered cheating?

But what about Custom games mods? I joined a few modded custom games and those were awesome, and that was considered cheating?

That wasn't considered cheating. I'm pretty sure you still got banned from matchmaking, but I meant most people just remember modding as a form of cheating in the Halo 2 days simply because it was such a widespread problem.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Here we go again

Another patch next week?!

Also just had a Black Screen steal my overkill. Got the really nice triple, black screen, got the 4th kill but no overkill.

Thanks Obama

Now now, I've said all I can, but don't expect anything right away. I don't want to put a date for when you will get more info, but...

Hey, is anyone going to PAX East?

Top Bottom