• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MaLDo

Kojima is working in fox engine.
They are focused in render photorealistic scenes.
They first showed office rooms comparing real versus rendered.
Then they show a horse (and a dog in the real time demo).
A few days ago, the person that works at konami doing Pro evolution soccer shows his face rendered with Fox engine side by side with real face. Konami talk about how real rendered people is using fox engine.
Kojima creates a false developer company and a false developer person around phantom pain concept.
Phantom pain means you think there is something real that doesn't exist.
Phantom pain has some kind of relation with metal gear.
This relation is "characters of metal gear are in phantom pain".

So I say again: what if phantom pain is the tech into fox engine to make realistic characters. Then you think are real what is not real. Same that phantom pain concept. And the person that present that tech is a character. An invention from kojima mind using false joakim name.

In my opinion joakim is an actor and there is a cgi face over the real face in a few of the shots. The hair over the head out of the bandage is real in all the shots, but part of the bandage, eyes and mouth is cgi in some of them.

I would add a new point.

Normally, the bandages on the face are used to hide something that will be shown. This happens in the movies or books. This occurs after an operation. It seems the right choice to give mystery some before discover a face, no?

Watching carefully the video there is much perfection as to be cgi (wrinkles of the eyelids, lips wrinkles) but I still think there is something more than just an actor with his face covered. The eyes are more time closed than open, for the few seconds we see the face, the character makes each and every one of the typical difficult movement to achieve in a cgi, trembling eyes behind the eyelids, lips that hook, eyebrow movement end ... too coincidental, no?

Mr. RHC

Joakim twittered just a few minutes ago this video on gametrailers.com.
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/e6yx6n/tf-xxi-tewt-0001--phantom-pain-mme

Any ideas?

BREAKING NEWS!
I can't create a new thread for this one please spread the word!
Apparently Joakim Mogren submitted a teaser video! Check it out here: http://www.gdinews.com/2013/03/moby-dick-studios-ceo-teases-with-new-video/

hBZEcZz.gif

Looks fake.

QiBRRhl.png

Not because I'm convinced it's not real, but because I want to believe that we've gotten to the point in CGI that we can make a perfectly realistic looking person who's face is 90% covered with bandages.

Batzi

Banned
The GT account of Joakim Mogren states that it was created 17 hours ago. This is probably another fake account but the video suggests that someone put a lot of work into this.

The GT account of Joakim Mogren states that it was created 17 hours ago. This is probably another fake account but the video suggests that someone put a lot of work into this.

So did the fake website, the fake twitter, the fake YouTube and all the other bullshit. Its a lot of work put into something that is already a parody, which makes this mind boggling whether its the attention they're craving or are rabid fans.

Neither of those are real. There is no twitter for anyone from the studio.

There is no one named Joakim Mogren, There is no Moby Dick studios.

The bottom twitter account is as real as any other part of this.

From a kotaku interview in december:
JM: This account is very real, and my personal Twitter. I am not a person that you would say has a sense of humor. Ask my former employee Sven. He wrote on our official site that all Twitter accounts aren't associated, as a joke. He is now homeless. I do not take jokes lightly.

I still need to remove that off the site, however.

Everything about this other than the game, is fake, made up as a PR move. They probably want more "fake" to be created to feed into they're "what is real' motif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So did the fake website, the fake twitter, the fake YouTube and all the other bullshit. Its a lot of work put into something that is already a parody, which makes this mind boggling whether its the attention they're craving or are rabid fans.

My man.

Mason

I hadn't heard of this game so this GTTV interview is my first exposure to it. I also just went back and watched the 2012 reveal trailer. That's all it took to know the guy is CG.

The 2012 trailer overtly showcases the realistic animation and characters. Thematically, it's all about "what's going on, is this real?" And it takes place, at least partially, in a hospital full of people with bandages on their heads.

The interview is in a dark room and the camera on the CEO/bandage guy is framed tight, from the shoulders up. The bandage around his head is clearly a motif carried over from the trailer and helps mask (literally) some of the artificiality. He speaks a little oddly, but not enough you couldn't contribute it to some kind of idiosyncrasy. Just like that Image Metrics tech video somebody linked.

I'm not clear if it's been announced that this is a Kojima game or if everyone is assuming-- but again, coming into this blind-- it seems very obviously a Kojima game to me. Totally his style, visually and thematically. The logos even look like Kojima logos. Isn't he known for doing this kind of stuff to promote his upcoming games? I could've sworn he's used code names and other 'deceptive' tactics to build hype before.

And when the interview ends with Keighley asking, "So this game is running on the Fox Engine?" and the CEO having that odd reaction-- c'mon, guys. That's a very clear wink and nod. "This game"? A reference to the game they're playing with this stuff. Rendered by their cool engine tech they're showing off.

Are you saying Joakim is fake, the image of Joakim is fake, or the image we all believe to be fake is not fake?

Let's see.

Someone has a lot of time in making people believe they're real. They even got CliffyB and Geoff playing their tune, all while the real marketing team is sitting and wondering what's happening. First they add a disclaimer in the official website. It doesn't work.

They uploaded an alternate video to show which YouTube account is real. Didn't work.

Then when they created the blonde Kojima, they countered by having a bandaged CG/real man. Twitter countered by quickly adapting that image. They even had shitty countdowns, Wikipedia copy/pastes and convinced others than in the next hour or two, there will be more clips and screens. There were none.

Then they realized that since Geoff retweeted them, its a good decision to quickly create a gametrailers account and post a video there.

TL;DR: Its more believable to consider him CG than this shit. They won't say which is real and isn't because its free publicity.

Symphonic

I hadn't heard of this game so this GTTV interview is my first exposure to it. I also just went back and watched the 2012 reveal trailer. That's all it took to know the guy is CG.

The 2012 trailer overtly showcases the realistic animation and characters. Thematically, it's all about "what's going on, is this real?" And it takes place, at least partially, in a hospital full of people with bandages on their heads.

The interview is in a dark room and the camera on the CEO/bandage guy is framed tight, from the shoulders up. The bandage around his head is clearly a motif carried over from the trailer and helps mask (literally) some of the artificiality. He speaks a little oddly, but not enough you couldn't contribute it to some kind of idiosyncrasy. Just like that Image Metrics tech video somebody linked.

I'm not clear if it's been announced that this is a Kojima game or if everyone is assuming-- but again, coming into this blind-- it seems very obviously a Kojima game to me. Totally his style, visually and thematically. The logos even look like Kojima logos. Isn't he known for doing this kind of stuff to promote his upcoming games? I could've sworn he's used code names and other 'deceptive' tactics to build hype before.

And when the interview ends with Keighley asking, "So this game is running on the Fox Engine?" and the guy having that odd reaction-- c'mon, guys. That's a very clear wink and nod. "This game"? A reference to the game they're playing with this stuff.

Life is a game motherfucker. LIFE IS A BIG GAME AND WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE AHHHHhhhhh...

If they can actually achieve that level of realism in realtime rendering Konami will be the talk of everything. Do you realize how much time being able to render, in realtime, that realistic of a human model would save the CG industry?

So cool if they could, but I really don't see that as being anything close to likely.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If they can actually achieve that level of realism in realtime rendering Konami will be the talk of everything. Do you realize how much time being able to render, in realtime, that realistic of a human model would save the CG industry?

So cool if they could, but I really don't see that as being anything close to likely.

Yep, and if its not realtime, then there is no point in using it as an advertisement for games. I think even most people in TeamCG admit that its not realtime, so.. geez.

Dahbomb

This message

PROJECT OMEGA

AT MATRIX SECTOR -----

VR PROGRAM PHANTOM_PAINMME

CONTRACTOR: MOBY DICK STUDIOS

SUBJECT: REDACTED

PURPOSE:
----------------------------

Is not a similar font from MGS Codecs?
Oh shit God of War x MGS crossover confirmed!

Let's see.

Someone has a lot of time in making people believe they're real. They even got CliffyB and Geoff playing their tune, all while the real marketing team is sitting and wondering what's happening. First they add a disclaimer in the official website. It doesn't work.

Then when they created the blonde Kojima, they countered by having a bandaged CG/real man. Twitter countered by quickly adapting that image. They even had shitty countdowns, Wikipedia copy/pastes and convinced others than in the next hour or two, there will be more clips and screens. There were none.

Then they realized that since Geoff retweeted them, its a good decision to quickly create a gametrailers account and post a video there.

TL;DR: Its more believable to consider him CG than this shit.

The part you are missing is that every part of this goes back to Kojima and the marketing department. There is no outsider making shit up (well now there have been some fake accounts made). This is all sanctioned stuff.

The Moby Dick website and disclaimer are meaningless because that's not a real development studio. Well I suppose it could be a real legally defined company but it's really just kojima's studio using a different name.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Man, the internet is too fast. I just downloaded morse code translation software but somebody already posted it at GT:

G E N E R A T I N G I M A G E H O L D S C E N A R I O L O A D I N G H O L D A C T I V A T I N G P H A N T O M P A I N D O T M E M E H O L D E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R

GENERATING IMAGE HOLD SCENARIO

LOADING HOLD

ACTIVATING PHANTOM PAIN DOT MEME HOLD

ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR

MaLDo

Man, the internet is too fast. I just downloaded morse code translation software but somebody already posted it at GT:

G E N E R A T I N G I M A G E H O L D S C E N A R I O L O A D I N G H O L D A C T I V A T I N G P H A N T O M P A I N D O T M E M E H O L D E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R

Finally, too much work for a fake out of konami. Oh man, believe. XD

This has probably been brought up before, but for the first part of the interview the footage of Joakim seems to be all one shot. He doesn't move at all between the cuts to Jeff. It's all seamless. And the bits where it isn't a seamless transition are the bits where they play game footage over him, otherwise the whole thing might just have been one shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03lMgYsv0fM

I know this only points to it being recorded in an odd way and being scripted, but still.

Yep, and if its not realtime, then there is no point in using it as an advertisement for games. I think even most people in TeamCG admit that its not realtime, so.. geez.
Exactly.

It was just a cheesy skit that some of you have turned into something more.

Cheesy skit about a made up developer.

The part you are missing is that every part of this goes back to Kojima and the marketing department. There is no outsider making shit up (well now there have been some fake accounts made). This is all sanctioned stuff.

The Moby Dick website and disclaimer are meaningless because that's not a real development studio. Well I suppose it could be a real legally defined company but it's really just kojima's studio using a different name.

Alright. With that said, I'm done with this thread. Be back in a MGS thread during GDC.

Top Bottom