• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

Only Yesterday

Few anime works have good clothing design. From the school girls clothes to baseball uniforms, it's all great.

Kyoani is good at this. Maybe some of their fashion choices are... questionable (lol Mayaka), but you can't deny the variety and attention to detail they display when it comes to clothing.

I'm pretty sure Only Yesterday took all from standard/popular clothing choices of the times in Japan. It's a movie almost 100% focused on realism, after all.

Mature

I would certainly hope for a simulcast they would treat the OP and ED with more respect than a regularly licensed show.
This is what we were saying over on ToonamiGAF. Honestly, negotiations for the show have been going on for over 10 months and it seems like it will be a pretty big deal for the block. I could certainly see them pulling out any stops necessary for the thing. Especially since they can bill it as a "world premiere".

Mature

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV 14-15

Roundabout works for everything.

(The benefit of picking a relatively long song with several different sections.)
Are you familiar with any of the source material for Battle Tendency? If not, I'm sort of excited to see your impressions of the latter half of this part. Going in dark for this show is a lot of fun.

duckroll

I guess they're not going to put up the new PV and update the site until after the event, but a short while ago on the Bushiroad livestream they announced that the anime will air on Tokyo MX and BS11 on Dec 31. It's a 3 hour movie-quality TV special running from 7pm to 10pm (which is when the Sword Art Online special starts airing). They also announced that the four Milky Holmes girls will be playing supporting characters in the anime as well.

Looks like Tokyo MX is going to end the year with a ton of anime airing in the evening. Lol.

Are you familiar with any of the source material for Battle Tendency? If not, I'm sort of excited to see your impressions of the latter half of this part. Going in dark for this show is a lot of fun.

I am not familiar with Battle Tendency at all, and so far it's pretty insane! Joseph especially.

I guess they're not going to put up the new PV and update the site until after the event, but a short while ago on the Bushiroad livestream they announced that the anime will air on Tokyo MX and BS11 on Dec 31. It's a 3 hour movie-quality TV special running from 7pm to 10pm (which is when the Sword Art Online special starts airing). They also announced that the four Milky Holmes girls will be playing supporting characters in the anime as well.

Looks like Tokyo MX is going to end the year with a ton of anime airing in the evening. Lol.

3 hours of Kinema Citrus and Orange? Dang!

Crocodile

Whether an OP/ED gets cut on Toonami I think has a lot to do with the length of the show and if one of them gets completely cut or not. Cowbo Bebop, Ghost in the Shell and Inuyasha all get their full openings but either their endings are super accelerated or completely cut. I'm inclined to agree that since Space Dandy is a special case, special considerations could likely be made for it or it could be made with American commercial system in mind.

Phi Brain 3 - Episode 3

Have I mentioned how good it is to hear Bishops voice? Fun episode over all with the Rook solving the puzzle.

-
Got a few anime things today , Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% magnets (managed to get the whole set) and more stickers. I need Syo !!! and with it being random, may be a difficult endeavour :(

tumblr_mvtprzoKAr1qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg

cajunator

Banned
how can you be even more awesome cajun, I love millennium actress

Its a truly excellent movie. My favorite.

The world can't have enough mofumofu.

Truer words never spoken.

Oh I agree, Clannad is way better than Angel Beats! in everything but music and by not that much in that regard. Overall I just felt the ending cheapened the character development throughout the majority of the second half. Though I'm not sure how you found it to be bittersweet if
everything turns out alright at the end via wish(es).

Well true but overall it was pretty bittersweet.

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy 9

For getting into an accident that involves SLEEPING BEHIND THE WHEEL, and driving off a cliff to reach a deserted island, they took it pretty lightly. You have to wonder what Sasami and her father is on....... and their mother as well. I mean they're really the most easygoing people I've seen here.

Gotta feel for Misa though.... everyone discovered her hideout by accident, she can't have fun ;-;

Think I'll consider making a GIF out of one of the scenes in this episode. I'm sure having Washu blow up their own ride would get some excellent usage.

Sidenote: Lewd dreams from a teacher with her student after he hits on her. Weeelp.

CorvoSol

Roundabout just seemed perfect for JoJo. Im not even sure why.

Yep. Told me to be ent while it was fixed. I guess I was ent enough.

Glad i'm not the only one who had to be ent.

"Dragon Ninjas have kidnapped Gaffu-kun! Are you an ent enough dude to get the server back?"

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 22
screenshot131ldqxf.png

...thanks for pointing that out?

Woah, a plot twist I actually guessed. Either this show is slowing down or I've ascended to a higher plane of existence. That's
Mikage being the Prof., not Akio (presumably) being End of The World.

Anyway, this was an... enlightening episode. In the sense that it mostly answered questions with more questions, buuut still some stuff
Mikage turned out to be a surprisingly good character, although I have no idea what's up with Mamiya. His sister thinks he's dead but he's also the prince in that one dark place but then also Mamiya and what? Also people don't age in the school apparently so there's that.

Starting to learn about the overaaaaall end goal of the plot.

Jex

Was there some kind of crazy staff involved in this episode?

Nope, I just decided to watch the latest episode because I felt like it, as kind of an experiment. I could really notice when they left a few scenes just a few seconds too long to ensure nothing too much actually happened in the episode, but regardless it was still pretty charming. However, I certainly missed the original GUTS, GUTS GUTS, GUTS GUTS because that's pretty hard to top:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHsuor8YuYQ

duckroll

Looks neat. Can you remind if they've discussed anything about the story content of the special?

I'm lazy, so... http://myanimelist.net/anime/19653

The story takes place in a time when the world is in the pits of despair after being ravaged by a poison called "shinobi" that came to earth via an asteroid. The people run away to the place called "Kairiku," a place that used to be the bottom of the ocean. Here, the people try and protect themselves against the effects of the poison. In such a world, there was a single light of hope. The "Holy Weapon Giga Road" and the legendary warrior "Yagyuu" are needed in order to counter the effects of the poison. In order to save the world, Ame, a princess of a fallen nation, stands up in order to save the world.

Tokyo Ravens 5

Others actually believing that Natsume is a guy is well, way beyond my suspension of belief. I had though others were just going along with the pretense, but actually believing it considering her character design, voice, and name? This is worse than even the usual unconvincing anime character pretending to be a different gender.

Shergal

Dunno about those Bushiroad designs. The drawings aren't bad but they feel a bit overdone as designs.

Mecha in the back looks neat.

Ookiku Furikabutte 25

The cool down episode after the long game. Was pretty fun to see Mihashi overreact and to see Abe overreact over his overreaction. Such a feel good episode!

Narag

Aku no Hana 6

:lol @ Nakamura at her finest.
Did like how Kasuga suddenly had to weigh the notion that Saeki might have her own carnal desires that he'd never considered since he was constantly putting her on a pedestatl.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 23

Soooo...... uh...

So

uh

So
Mikage was some sort of... memory ghost? And but then wait what. Did the whole Black Rose arc not happen then? They said no one was hurt in the fire? And then Akio was with the prince but then he turned into Anthy.

What's going on? What's real? Who knows!

Man it's so sad when you finish a 20+ episode anime and only realize you won't have anymore to look forward to for that.

Recently it was Zetsubou Sensei for me. But I remember feeling this sad with FMA: B.

Sure her new manga is charming and all, but it's no Furr Metar Arrrchemist.

CorvoSol

Revolutionary Girl Utena 23

Soooo...... uh...

So

uh

So
Mikage was some sort of... memory ghost? And but then wait what. Did the whole Black Rose arc not happen then? They said no one was hurt in the fire? And then Akio was with the prince but then he turned into Anthy.

What's going on? What's real? Who knows!

This was the episode that broke my brain, too. Well, this and a one that should be coming up in the future. The point is this episode left me going "WHAT" all evening.

Gazoinks

This was the episode that broke my brain, too. Well, this and a one that should be coming up in the future. The point is this episode left me going "WHAT" all evening.

I have no idea what's going on, and it's beautiful.
Now that they've introduced... illusions or false realities or... something, anything can happen!

Hilariously, this episode even sort of subverted the one plot point I actually managed to guess. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom