• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

D23

bf4 still in shrink wrap. im playing a shit tons of killzone mp instead which is a ton of fun!!

i hope EA/Dice fix this issues asap. i want to experience 64 players conquest!

Gartooth

So it sounds like this game is majorly fucked. Not playing PS4 until Christmas anyway but do you guys think all this shit will be sorted out soon, or should I exchange it for a different PS4 game while I still have the chance?

So it sounds like this game is majorly fucked. Not playing PS4 until Christmas anyway but do you guys think all this shit will be sorted out soon, or should I exchange it for a different PS4 game while I still have the chance?

If you're not playing conquest it's already pretty sorted now. At least it is for me, I can only speak from my own experience. I haven't had a single issue all day.

Steel

Banned
DICE/EA were aware of the Error CE-34878-0 issues at least 2 weeks before launch and still shipped the game. This shows they don't give a shit about you and only want your money.

"Potentially more worrisome than the pop-in was a consistent error that would dump me back to the PS4's front end. Error CE-34878-0 reared its ugly head five times during my session, and I wasn't alone – other journalists also suffered the game-crashing prompt. I was told that this signified a network error, and we were playing on EA's own internal servers, so it's hard to know if the problem will persist when the game is available to the PS4-owning public in November." - Oct 30th 2013 11:30AM

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/30/battlefield-4-how-xbox-one-and-ps4-stack-up-against-pc/

Holy... Nevermind I'm not even surprised. It's EA...

How is the framerate of the PS4 version in mulitplayer?

I'm hardly a judge of framerates, but I can't say I've seen a single dropped frame. Game performs pretty much perfectly till you get an error or the servers blow up.

Mikey Jr.

Honestly, its not THAT bad. Right now you cant play conquest 64 player.

Everything else seems to be pretty ok. Majorly fucked is harsh.

Like I said, I just played 6 matches in a row with no lag, no disconnects, and no errors.

DoctorZ

Like I said, I just played 6 matches in a row with no lag, no disconnects, and no errors.

When the main draw of playing BF4 is 64 player conquest the game is majorly fucked for a lot of people. I going to spend my time somewhere else until its up and running because I don't really like the other modes that much.

If you want to play the other modes its fine. Different people view situations differently. I wouldn't call it majorly fucked, but I specifically got BF4 for 64 player Conquest. Its essentially the only mode I play in BF games.

a916

DICE/EA were aware of the Error CE-34878-0 issues at least 2 weeks before launch and still shipped the game. This shows they don't give a shit about you and only want your money.

"Potentially more worrisome than the pop-in was a consistent error that would dump me back to the PS4's front end. Error CE-34878-0 reared its ugly head five times during my session, and I wasn't alone – other journalists also suffered the game-crashing prompt. I was told that this signified a network error, and we were playing on EA's own internal servers, so it's hard to know if the problem will persist when the game is available to the PS4-owning public in November." - Oct 30th 2013 11:30AM

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/30/battlefield-4-how-xbox-one-and-ps4-stack-up-against-pc/

Yet this is the same guy who graded it a 4.5/5 knowing this... I don't understand how anyone with dignity or self respect can give this game a high mark if their review build was that buggy.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Not being able to play Conquest 64 is majorly fucked.

owlbeak

This is not my experience. Though your mileage may very, I've barely been able to be in a game at all, server browsers are empty and the games you do manage to get into, you are lucky if you make it through the game without the server crashing or disconnecting or you getting blasted to the dashboard with the CE-4...whatever error and losing your progress and settings (and singleplayer progress, if you've bothered with that).

By Christmas, hopefully, the game will have been patched and be somewhat playable. EA should be ashamed of themselves, and everyone who bought the game is owed some sort of compensation for this mess, in my opinion.

Decided to take a break from all the MP frustration to continue the campaign, and my save game was gone. Fuck this game, it's shelved until patches come in. I've literally never experienced a game so broken from the get go. I know they exist, but I haven't seen one.

Arlen777

Does anyone else having trouble with vehicle sensitivity in the PS4 version? My sensitivity is 25% and when I get in the vehicle it's super slow! and there is no separate sensitivity in the settings menu

SpaceHorror

I've had no trouble with Obliteration so far.

Haven't played a single match of Conquest. The one time it started, it dropped me from the server almost immediately.

daveo42

Banned
Haven't had any issues with any of the multiplayer modes other than Conquest. I can never seem to get it to load at all.

Boss Man

I can't play any multiplayer match in BF4 right now. It just tells me that I lost connection to the session no matter what I try to join.

On the main menu I do see a scrolling alert banner that says "If you want to play online, make sure to activate your PSN+ account" Does everyone else see this? Because I do have PS+ and I've been playing Killzone no problem. Am I missing something? I have activated my system as my "primary" PS4.

First day I got this I couldn't play at all, and I came real close to taking it back. I left it alone for the night and came back to it in the morning, re installed it, and ever since I've been able to at least play it; but not totally without issues though. I still haven't been able to get into Conquest, I occasionally get that error booting me out too the home menu still, and I've suffered a few crashes in multi. But I've been able to get into all of the other modes consistently, and I've been blown away from what I've played so far. I haven't had this much fun with a fps in years honestly.

Zoctan

When this game is functioning correctly, it's awesome.

That being said, I'll be waiting for a patch to bring stability.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I can't play any multiplayer match in BF4 right now. It just tells me that I lost connection to the session no matter what I try to join.

On the main menu I do see a scrolling alert banner that says "If you want to play online, make sure to activate your PSN+ account" Does everyone else see this? Because I do have PS+ and I've been playing Killzone no problem. Am I missing something? I have activated my system as my "primary" PS4.
I saw that earlier today as well. I think it's a generic server message for people who aren't aware you need PS+ for MP.

hew9753

Do we have any details or clues on what causes this crash? It happened to me for the first time today about 1/3 of the way through the Singapore level. I got booted from the game and when I tried to start it up again the game crashed at the main menu. The next time I got the corrupted save message when I attempted to resume the campaign.

At that point I overwrote my console's save with an earlier save from cloud storage and just turned off the PS4. I didn't feel like screwing with it any more and getting more pissed off.

Now that I've experienced the crash should I expect it to happen more frequently or is truly random? I've read about people having to re-download the game and I'm really hoping to avoid that since I have the digital version.

This has probably been answered and discussed extensively, but I really don't want to read through five pages to find this answer, so here goes...

Is there no way to join a match with a party? My cousin and I were playing earlier and the only way he could be on my team was to join me after I started a match. Surely that can't be the only way?

70% of the matches I try to join say "There are no Command Slots available" and disconnect me. The server browser, when it works at all, is a mess with no ability to filter games effectively.When I can finally get into a match I get disconnected from the game about once an hour. The game hard crashes about once every 2 hours. When I come back from the hard crash my save file is corrupted and needs to be overwritten so I lose all of my single player progress. All of these problems become comically compounded whenever I try to play with a friend or two.

Yeah, I would call that majorly fucked.

This has probably been answered and discussed extensively, but I really don't want to read through five pages to find this answer, so here goes...

Is there no way to join a match with a party? My cousin and I were playing earlier and the only way he could be on my team was to join me after I started a match. Surely that can't be the only way?

There is no party system whatsoever.

Thats the only way

wowlace

Wow hard to believe that in 2013 we have no party system in a AAA online shooter that takes 64* players.

*As advertised.

Shady859

Worked perfectly fine for me earlier besides that I can't played conquest, kinda huge. Lol

I caved and bought Premium, watched UK game and then got back on and it crashed like 4 times. Facepalm...... Finally got it to work and digging it again but conquest. :( I've never been in a game larger than 20 people I don't believe but this game is so fun when it works.

Warablo

Why did they remove the option to edit classes outside of games? They also removed party system.. I just don't understand some companies when it comes to multiplayer design.. I remember thinking this way on Assassins Creed multiplayer..

Shady859

Why did they remove the option to edit classes outside of games? They also removed party system.. I just don't understand some companies when it comes to multiplayer design.. I remember thinking this way on Assassins Creed multiplayer..

They want you to use the Battlelog app. :(

I just got done with my first set of games. Maybe I was lucky, but I got through 5-6 rounds without any issues. Stayed away from Conquest since I already knew it was borked. Game looks and plays great on PS4. Definitely feeling it more than Killzone. Hopefully the server issues will be worked out soon.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Xbox One buyers should reconsider buying this game at launch. It pretty much is the only disappointment I have with the PS4 launch, but it's a big disappointment.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Will anyone in the gaming "press" go after EA/DICE for this debacle? I simply do not understand how this game's problems did not show up in reviews despite some reporting these errors at EA sponsored preview events. This game really is a case study in what truly needs fixing in this business - launching buggy games and the gaming press not doing their job covering it.

DryvBy

Here's been my experience this morning. I load the game, crash when loading the menu. I finish loading, then I get one of these messages:

h6ETj2J.jpg

Um, okay. So I go past that screen, crashed in the menu again. Repeat these steps a couple of more times. Now finally, I'm in the menu and I can select Conquest. Watch what happens...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDy1KkD0n9A

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Well I bought this to play conquest.

newsguy

My issue is with none of the bugs or glitches. It's the fact that I'm awful. I fly choppers right into the ground 100% of the time.

Panthers

My issue is with none of the bugs or glitches. It's the fact that I'm awful. I fly choppers right into the ground 100% of the time.

Choppers are not for everyone. I never fly in this game. The controls just wont click with me. But Im awesome in a tank. Just need to find what suites you best.

As far as this game goes, Im having a blast, but I wish Conquest would work. I was able to play last night for about 4-5 hrs with no kicks. (Team Death Match)

LogicStep

if you find a server with free slots, you all join the server- the game puts you on same team, switch to same squad. pretty simple (when you can find a server with 4 free slots-etc)
So, the game knows we are friends so it'll do the work for us, is that what you're telling me? Still would rather have a party system but I guess that works.

Broman1978

So, the game knows we are friends so it'll do the work for us, is that what you're telling me? Still would rather have a party system but I guess that works.

I think you as a group must start your own squad and then join/invite to your squad.. If any person from your Party is assigned to the other team, he or she must switch team to join your squad

Top Bottom