• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

FrankT

It's weird how they picked folks for free stuff. Like the guy without live for 2 years: here's your Xbox.

Maybe counter-intuitive but how about rewarding the folks on Live around here for 7-10 years.

JaggedSac

Oh sorry. Found that on Reddit:
"This is a screenshot I took from my phone. You can also watch clips these guys are uploading via gamedvr through your smartglas app. I'm not sure MS knows people can access all of this stuff from the new smartglas app they released."

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1qzak0/ryse_user_rating_on_xbox_live/

Yep, been watching some clips. Based on the clips I've seen of Killer Instinct, I should be competitive for the first couple of days at least lol.

ekim

More screens from the Smartglass App:
http://imgur.com/a/vFDBr

Dead Rising 3 Season Pass

qSU6TzD.png
Forza 5 Super Pass

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
It's weird how they picked folks for free stuff. Like the guy without live for 2 years: here's your Xbox.

Maybe counter-intuitive but how about rewarding the folks on Live around here for 7-10 years.

The way I figure it, they know i've spent so much they know i'm going to pay for it anyways :p

Psssh...I've been a live subscriber since day 1. 10 year member and I've never received anything special before. Not even the free KI they were giving away.

Same here... In fact, I was a beta tester before the service went live. I've never received a handout from MS. Stings a little, I have to admit.

JaggedSac

Watched the one and only clip from Zoo Tycoon on the app, someone was having a VERY difficult time watering an elephant, lol. The frame rate looked solid though.

Chairhome

Still thinking about if a 2nd controller is necessary right now. Are there games that will support local co op right now, other than Killer Instinct? I might pick it up just for that though.

Redshirt

Banned
The Forza 5 Super Pass is interesting. Expansion pack seems to imply that it'll include more than just tracks.

I also wonder if the SP will include the VIP Pass, which seems to be limited to the physical L.E. edition.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Looks like I'm out on a journey through the city on Friday to see if I can get a Day One edition inc FIFA 14.

6-8 shops I will be trying. I really hope someone has stock in the morning.

Miles X

Voice is locked to the region. So no, unfortunately.

Hey Albert, I'm still really confused about how my One is going to work with my (UK) Virgin Cable. If I plug my xbox into my cable is it going to be useless? I keep hearing TV is only for US at launch but then others here are saying it'll work? I want the whole guide thing ...

FrankT

Where in the article did Microsoft confirm it?

I'm confused.

When Xbox One releases on Friday, it will lack any native ability to stream games to Twitch. Instead, that functionality isn’t due until the “first part of 2014,” Microsoft confirmed.

I just hope MS sticks to the first part being like Jan-Feb and not like June. Same for HDD support.

Alx

That's too bad (although not surprising, that's how it was with kinect 1), because the translation in French didn't really go well. For some reason they seem to have decided to translate all commands to infinitive instead of imperative. I don't know if I can explain it correctly in English, but it should be like saying "Xbox, to start Netflix" instead of "Xbox, start Netflix", which makes it sound silly and less natural.
I'm considering using longer sentences to make it more natural ("Xbox, I want to start Netflix"), provided it registers.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

I saw that Microsoft have assured people could pickup a unit on launch day from certain stores in NA Is this just normal or Day One? Do you know if this will be the same for Europe specifically Spain.

I lost my Day One edition order so I'm hoping if any major stores will be selling Day Ones in the morning on the 22nd.

jem0208

Kinda disappointed by the lack of streaming at launch.

I was never going to use it myself but I know a lot of people were looking forward to it so it's a bit of a shame.

def sim

Not having twitch streaming can potentially be a big deal depending on how long the delay is. Before Titanfall would be alright, but it's still disappointing all the same. I'd rather not have to use my PC to stream for a console.

Yeah, that's a bummer about streaming not being in at launch. Ah well, hopefully they get to it early next year.

Also, thanks for the screens Cohiba. Is there only one challenge there? Does it give any extra info on what that unlocks if anything?

Logash

Hype is starting to get to me. Wish I was getting an Xbox one on Friday but I decided to get the PS4 first. KI looks awesome

Top Bottom