• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am genuinely shocked that you don't like it, sis.

I really expected to like it.

However, Taylor's uptempo tracks always lacked the depth to keep me hooked. Her mid and slower tempo tracks were all my favorites, and this album has.... nothing.

Out Of The Woods is good, but on Track 12 and I am still looking.

What a nice looking group...

ibawc7itdJF3Xq.png

Does one of these ladies not belong though? Are they all equally deserving of a shot to the final round, or did we overlook some sure-fire greatness from rounds past?

Here's your twist:

iZhRVHjLswM0I.png

Here is your chance to shift the course of the tournament as we know it! If you're not a fan of one of the FINAL EIGHT, you can PM me with a request to replace her with a past eliminated contestant. Or you can keep the roster as is. If you're partial to a long-gone entrant however, then I highly encourage you to sabotage one of the finalists for a chance to get your fave back in.

You may vote back in one of the following eliminated contestants:

ixdYmdQNa1sAO.png

Find Beyonce overrated? Sick of Gaga's shit? Have no idea who Jessie Ware is? PM me the queens you'd like to switch around, and things might just work in your favor.

i05vhTZOLMhXX.png

Any of the final 8 contestants are eligible for a PURGE, regardless of which bracket they're playing on.

HOWEVER, a handicap is applied to the Winners Bracket; meaning more votes are needed to take out Britney Spears versus Beyonce. Additionally, a semifinalist would be up for PURGE if they receive a high enough number of votes to warrant it. So if there isn't a clear answer from the votes I get, then everyone gets to stay in their seats.

The same goes for the eliminated queens. Recent fall-offs like Kelly Clarkson have a higher chance of getting voted back in than early eliminations like Ellie Goulding.

I will post stat updates through the weekend forecasting who's most in danger of elimination, and who's most vetted to re-enter the tournament. If two frontrunners are determined, we will pit them against each other for a final match, where the semifinalist will get one last chance to hold on to her seat!

VOTE VOTE VOTE! Consider who's most vulnerable in the final eight, or think of which eliminated contestant holds the most weight, and go from there! There's greater impact in numbers, so don't hesitate to fuck some shit up this time.

Have fun.

tumblr_mc7z6myZ1a1rosb88o2_r1_500.gif

royalan

Wait...Hold the phone...

FUCK TAYLOR SWIFT

So confession: I was slayed by Kiesza's EP that came out earlier this year, but after I'd had enough of Hideaway I lost track of her. So I had no idea that she had new music out until the No Enemiesz video was posted. Listened to the track, and was THOROUGHLY slayed by that awesome Wooo-ooo! adlib she does in the bridge. Then realized that she's put out an entire album since the EP...

rvTzUgN.png

To put it simply, this album is G L O R I O U S. Just simply fantastic. I'm honestly blown away by it. Been dancing around my house since I got home from work. It's the 90s throw-back (but not rip-off) album I've been wanting since 2011 and thought Azealia Banks would deliver to me. And Kiesza gives a pretty inspired vocal performance throughout the song. Crazy adlibs throughout. Really keeps you second-guessing what you thought her limits were. The Love...

Infectious beats. Great vocals. The formula really is simple when you've got the talent.

What an amazing ode to 90s House.

------

So far, Sound of a Woman, Aquarius, The Golden Echo, and Me. I Am Mariah, the Elusive Chanteuse are the only albums worth giving a shit about in this dreary-ass year.

As for Taylor, I'm not giving that waste of a LiveJournal account any part of my weekend, so you girls have fun.

So confession: I was slayed by Kiesza's EP that came out earlier this year, but after I'd had enough of Hideaway I lost track of her. So I had no idea that she had new music out until the No Enemiesz video was posted. Listened to the track, and was THOROUGHLY slayed by that awesome Wooo-ooo! adlib she does in the bridge. Then realized that she's put out an entire album since the EP...

To put it simply, this album is G L O R I O U S. Just simply fantastic. I'm honestly blown away by it. Been dancing around my house since I got home from work. It's the 90s throw-back (but not rip-off) album I've been wanting since 2011 and thought Azealia Banks would deliver to me. And Kiesza gives a pretty inspired vocal performance throughout the song. Crazy adlibs throughout. Really keeps you second-guessing what you thought her limits were. The Love...

Infectious beats. Great vocals. The formula really is simple when you've got the talent.

Let me investigate. Gird your loins.

edit: stopped 43 seconds in. why do I bother?
YOU'RE A LIAR ROY!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait...Hold the phone...

FUCK TAYLOR SWIFT

rvTzUgN.png

------

So far, Sound of a Woman, Aquarius, The Golden Echo, and Me. I Am Mariah, the Elusive Chanteuse are the only albums worth giving a shit about in this dreary-ass year.

As for Taylor, I'm not giving that waste of a LiveJournal account any part of my weekend, so you girls have fun.

Agreed. Me and Bladenic I believe we're both percheD for the album. As soon as it dropped, I haven't stopped listening to it yet.

The best albums of this year for me are definitely The Golden Echo, Aquarius, Sound of a Woman, Mariah, Tough Love, Caribou Our Love, EP2, Kauai and some others.

Aguila

#ICONIC
got a long list of ex-lovers
they'll tell you I'm insane

But I've got a blank space baby

AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME

taylorrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

2d81jdj.gif

Vazduh

Hm, these positive impressions of Kiesza's album are making me want to check it out. I still hate the No Enemiesz video, tho (wtf was that ending about? My eyes!).

Now onto the importance of this post. X Factor US Season 2 is coming for your favs weaves.

Firstly... little Bea Miller is beating out Carly Rose Hew at her first single. Her song "Young Blood" is rising on the radio charts and she is perched to become one of the youngest top 40 hit artists ever.

I'll never forget her crying through Dido's White Flag, lmao. She was too much on the show, but I'm glad to see she's still trying (and succeeding somewhat!).

Next we have the feircest bitch on XFactor US. CeCe with her new/debut single "Dead 2 Me" Coming for those Ke$ha rose teas.

Oh, God, no :/ Why does this sound so cheap? The girl needs a decent budget first, and she could do with more decent tunes.

Then we have my girls Fifth Harmony about to snatch the wigs right off the haters. They are coming this week. First up some MTV promo and a cover of NKOTB "Right Stuff" and tonight a livestream where they hopefully will reveal their next single that's going to blast the merkins right off your favs.

tumblr_ndx5qkKZTm1svxwvwo1_500.png

I just heard that single (Sledgehammer). WAIT. This is actually pretty good!

Best song they've released so far. A bop.

U4e2xan.gif

Majmun

*everything

- her voice
- her looks
- her body
- her music

She really has nothing going on for me. Maybe because I'm not an American, or a 14-year old girl?

Touchdown

Banned
You may vote back in one of the following eliminated contestants:

ixdYmdQNa1sAO.png

Find Beyonce overrated? Sick of Gaga's shit? Have no idea who Jessie Ware is? PM me the queens you'd like to switch around, and things might just work in your favor.

tumblr_nciw1uTerm1seznd4o2_500.gif

Any of the final 8 contestants are eligible for a PURGE, regardless of which bracket they're playing on.

Let me vote back in the comeback queen.

iwZ5hwsdAsHaX.gif

Mau ®

She's been looking so bored with everything lately :/

Indeed.

Last time she looked truly happy was:

1360546801_chris-brown-rihanna-lg.jpg

Which was also her beauty peak. She'll never look better than at the Grammy's 2013. I'd be sad and uninterested too if my hotness peak was past me.

Mumei

ibrHVsnZBDvZ63.gif

I don't understand how I'm always the racist in these situations.

Sis, I could have saved you the time: she's unapologetically white. You're not going to like it.

Let's talk about something you two can agree on: Teena Marie being fantastic.

I bring her up because I was recently watching a talk with Ta-Nehisi Coates and Barbara Fields, about her book Racecraft
which I have but haven't read yet
, where Ta-Nehisi goes on an extended tangent about Teena Marie. It's very interesting and I thought of Roy
sorry, Rob!
when I was first listening to it a week or two ago, but I forgot to bring it up then.

Let's talk about something you two can agree on: Teena Marie being fantastic.
I'm convinced Roy and I appreciate Teena for decidedly different reasons. I'm sure I've stated here how I bawled like a baby when I heard Teena had passed. The hood loved Lady T and only the most bougie amongst us didn't know who she was.

I'm Just A Sucker For Your Love
Behind The Groove
I Need Your Lovin
Yes Indeed
Out on a Limb
Lips To Find You
The Once and Future Dream
Since Day One

So who's most in danger of getting eliminated? Who's most likely to stage a tournament coup? See below:

iUySTGdXLSau2.png

So far Robyn's ahead in votes, but we're still early on here, so make sure to support your fallen fave if you wanna see her compete again!! PM a bitch! <3

Styles

So it goes
He can't keep his wild eyes on the road
Takes me home
Lights are off, he's taking off his coat
I say I heard that you been out and about with some other girl
Some other girl
He says, what you've heard is true but I
Can't stop thinking about you and I
I said I've been there a few times

xlHPJFw.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
taylor-swift-1989-deluxe-album-cover.jpg

Welcome To New York: 3/10
Blank Space: 7/10
Style: 9/10
Out In The Woods: 6/10 (would like more if the chorus wasn't so shit)
All You Had To Do Was Stay: 8/10
Shake it Off: 6/10
I Wish You Would: 8/10
Bad Blood: 7/10
Wildest Dreams: 9/10
How You Get The Girl: 5/10
This Love: 9/10
I Know Places: 8/10
Clean: 9/10
Wonderland: 7/10
You Are In Love: 8/10
New Romantics: 8/10

Overall: 8/10

I said no one has to know what we do
His hands are in my hair
His clothes are in my room
And his voice is a familiar sound
Nothing lasts forever
But this is getting good now

He's so tall and handsome as hell
He's so bad but he does it so well
And we've had our very last kiss
My last request is

Say you'll remember me
Standing in a nice dress
Staring at the sunset babe
Red lips and rosy cheeks
Say you'll see me again
Even if it's just in your
Wildest dreams

xlHPJFw.gif

Style is destroying me help
EDIT: NEW ROMANTICS!!!

Yes get into Style. It's the most infectious song on the album.

New Romantics should have been on the standard tbqh. Fuck Bad Blood and Shake It Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom