• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is. Another poster responded with the theory that it was written that way so they could recreate the "winning formula" of lonely, dejected protagonist and the quiet stalker girl that likes him in the spinoff series.

I don't necessarily buy into that theory but it's kind of opened my eyes to how not Naruto-like Naruto was in the epilogue. Ramen cups and booze at his desk, seemingly swamped at work if he's eating and drinking at this desk, and unable to really spend time with his kids - eh, I can't say I'm too fond of that image.
He's probably kicking himself for not pulling out when he had the chance.

Himawari is so damn cute.

GtJZDAI.png

Source

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
he looks girly, but definitely a dude.
Like father, like son. lol.

Looking at the wikia, some of the ninja Nagato used for his Six Paths of Pain looked and seemed really cool before they were Pain-ified. Must have been anime only material that showed their lives before Nagato got to them...?

Animal Path:

489px-Animal_Path.png

Actually a member of the Fuma clan (remember the Fuma Shuriken Sasuke used in Part I?)

640px-Animal_Path_Alive.PNG

Human Path:

Human_Pain.png

Actually a ninja from Takigakure (Kakuzu's hidden village):

300px-Human_Path_alive.png

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Good stuff.

Honestly, if it weren't for the fillers we wouldn't have gotten much form the members of the other teams besides team 7.

I thought the filler about Kakashi when he was part of ANBU was very well done. It felt canon, if they can pull off something like that for the fillers between 699 and 700 then I'm onboard for sure.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
That's exactly what I thought at first, especially when I read the bit with Himawari not even mentioning her father, and then I read the epilogue to confirm whether that was true. Turns out it was, and now I can't unsee it. It's like Aang in the Legend of Korra. You don't want to believe Aang, of all people, would be a neglectful father, but it's evident he was, and now it looks like Naruto might be as well. Perhaps it's a little childish to expect him to be a dedicated Hokage and a great father, but you the manga made me think that's exactly what he would be. Now I'm not so sure.

The miniseries should clear this up hopefully.

This also clears it up
(probably)

KO2m238.jpg

If a guy named as Yellow Flash is too busy any one will be =p

Sigmaah

Did niggas not see the pein arc? That showed me NaruHina was gonna happen for sure.

I'm so damn happy Naruto and Hinata got together. Naruto realized who truly loved him :>

I'm glad The Sauce was smart enough to have an only child, Uchiha's having siblings are recipes for disaster.

Or maybe he was just traumitzed when his Uchiha daughter had to wear glasses.

Pein

Banned
You know, its really upsetting Karin and Naruto don't know they're related.
How will Salad get the Mangekyo, let alone the Eternal? Unless her dad gives her his before he dies.

A friend dies, and maybe she spams mangekyo but byakugo just regenerates her eyes bypassing the whole blindness.

Who wins Salad vs Bolt?

I was joking. Bolt obviously fucking destroys. This kids gonna be thunder godding and sage moding and rasenganning before he hits 10 years old.

Himawari is the true dark horse. She seems cute and innocent but you know she's going to be a beast. Sage mode Gentle Fisting everyone.

I said that.

Maddocks

Did niggas not see the pein arc? That showed me NaruHina was gonna happen for sure.

I'm so damn happy Naruto and Hinata got together. Naruto realized who truly loved him :>

People will deny till they die. Just read this thread, because naruto didn't get with sakura they make claims that naruto is now a deadbeat dad because his daughter didn't mention his name.

Unlike his Father Bold will have perfect chakra control since birth since he has Hyuga blood

The Hyuga can narrow and mold their chakra to the smallest percentage

360pages

How will Salad get the Mangekyo, let alone the Eternal? Unless her dad gives her his before he dies.

As I recall Shisui was able to reach MAngekyo without killing anyone, or at least I assume. Also, for some reason I really want Salad to turn super evil and kill Sasuke for his eyes, it would be the most satisfying thing ever.

Pein

Banned
New kishimoto interview
http://ajw.asahi.com/article/cool_japan/style/AJ201411100011

“I will continue creating manga,” he said. “I will release extra ‘Naruto’ episodes next spring.”

“The latest film is a love story,” Kishimoto said. “It will depict what happened between the 699th and 700th manga episodes. I designed the characters and helped make the story.

“Although I wanted to write about the romances of Naruto and his friends in the manga series, it was too difficult,” he continued. “I am not good at writing romances because I feel embarrassed when trying to do so.”

here's another
http://ajw.asahi.com/article/cool_japan/style/AJ201411100007
Q: When did you decide how to end “Naruto”?

A: Since the work was first serialized, I have been determined to end the manga series with the battle between protagonist Naruto and Sasuke, who has been his rival since the start of the story. I later decided on the details, little by little, such as whether they would fight each other as friends or enemies, their feelings and dialogues, while I was drawing the series. Around two years ago, I began to feel the story was approaching the finale.

When the series started, the editor responsible for my work told me, “Continue the series for at least five years.” The tough work of continuing to draw “Naruto” for the weekly magazine occasionally made me think that I would like to finish the series. I did not think “Naruto” would last for 15 years.

The story lasted for such a long period because the characters “stuck it out.” When I attempted to quickly offer an answer (to issues raised in the story), the characters did not allow me to do so. If I had made them act as I wished, the reality would have been lost.

Because manga artists are always working inside rooms, it is difficult for us to see firsthand if our works are really popular. It was not until I received many fan letters from overseas that I realized (“Naruto” is) popular outside Japan. Some of those letters are written in languages I do not know, so I understand that my work is read by people in various countries.

One fan mail contained a photograph of a small child dressed as Naruto striking a pose. Such attachments make me happy.

Naruto and Sasuke's kids are pretty much Gods if they ever realize their true potential.

But since its a time of peace, they probably wont reach even 1/10th of it.

“The latest film is a love story,” Kishimoto said. “It will depict what happened between the 699th and 700th manga episodes. I designed the characters and helped make the story.

Basically because you couldn't be assed to do so in the actual manga?

What the absolute fuck am I reading?

Pein

Banned

its probably true about getting embarrassed real easy, I was reading the 2nd art book and he couldn't even draw sakura in a bikini because he was too embarrassed so he drew her in shorts instead.

360pages

Eh...I can understand somewhat, though he really should have better pacing considering there is so much dead air in some areas.

We usually make fun of Anime filler, but that is really the only time you're going to see any other characters get screen time outside of Naruto and Sasuke.

Erigu

The story lasted for such a long period because the characters “stuck it out.” When I attempted to quickly offer an answer (to issues raised in the story), the characters did not allow me to do so. If I had made them act as I wished, the reality would have been lost.
Oh, man...

Oh, man...
It's a funny quote but I see what he's saying. It's one of those things. Same goes for a lot of TV shows and movies. A lot of the contrivances and drama and plot could be avoided if characters just did the smart/obvious/right/etc... thing but if you do that you kind of lose it all. The manga would be 70 chapters long.

Yep, Hinata Loves Naruto and she's a good match for him. Not even people who like NaruSaku are arguing that.

But Sakura and Sasuke getting together is several magnitudes of terrible.

Although i was pulling for NaruSaku, a Hinata is fine too.

Pein

Banned
Yep, Hinata Loves Naruto and she's a good match for him. Not even people who like NaruSaku is arguing that.

But Sakura and Sasuke getting to gather is several magnitudes of terrible.

This is how I feel, Hinata and Naruto is fine not my preferred but whatever its fine.

Sasuke and Sakura is a load of crap.

Yep, Hinata Loves Naruto and she's a good match for him. Not even people who like NaruSaku is arguing that.

But Sakura and Sasuke getting to gather is several magnitudes of terrible.

This is acceptable.

...Actually, it's true. While I was (obvs) pulling for Naruto/Hinata, Sakura and Sasuke is... not the best pairing.

need a pic of Bolt with byakugan, uzumaki chains, and sage mode.

I don't think Bolt or his Sister will have byakugan. That Hyuga blood+Uzimaki blood+Sage power+Nine tails chakara will mix to be something awesome and over powered.

They may even get Rinnegan and need uncle Sasuke to teach them how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom