• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: Nintendo Working on Unannounced Wii U Game [Update: Paper Mario]

Vuapol

We just got paper Mario!

I'm talking the full-fledged console RPG Thousand Year Door follow-up that many have been fanatically craving for over a decade now. One day Intelligent Systems...one day...

However, I don't think today is that day, because I totally forgot about:

Next Level Games. They have been known to be working on a Wii U title of an established Nintendo franchise since well before E3. I completely forgot about this since the hubbub of their Federation Force announcement. In fact, my bold E3 prediction was that NLG were going to announce F-Zero Wii U, and for the hell of it I'll stick with my initial prediction. Nintendo sees F-Zero as a very small/dead franchise which fits the hints so far (though so does Luigi's Mansion, Punch Out, and a host of other franchises). Plus everything that Doctre just contributed.

If I were a betting man, I'd say we'll finally find out what Next Level has been working on on Monday.

Also,
But I thought that game came to be Mario & Luigi Paper Jam?

Not likely. The pamphlets said the Paper Mario game in development was a Wii U title. Your guess is as good as mine if it has been moved to NX or not since.

Rumor: 5 sources told us a new Paper Mario will be announced this year for Wii U. Developed by Intelligent Systems.

DON'T SUCK PLEASE

HOLY SHIT

The Boat

I'm still saying Mario Soccer or some other boring sports game.

There's nothing boring about Mario Fucking Strikers!
tumblr_mdcs3adZOs1rpvf4qo1_400.gif

SalvaPot

Give me Mario Strikers give me Punch Out give me Luigi´s Mansion 3 give me give me give me.
itshappeningreggie!!.gif

Paper Mario by IntSys? Hell yeah.

Paper Mario is a good title to have, so I'm cool with that. If it's true, of course. She said that there was quite a bit of evidence supporting that, so maybe we could learn a little about that?

PAPER MARIO Wii U?!

nwqtAuW.gif

Paper Mario Amiibo incoming hot off the presses!

Amiibo cards would be kind of perfect for a Paper Mario game.

Very interested in this. Hopefully they're returning to the 'pure' TTYD style. I enjoyed Super Paper Mario more than most, but the time has come for an authentic sequel. Especially after the shitshow of Sticker Star.

AGoodODST

Paper Mario is nice and all but another Mario rpg? Seems like Dream Team and Paper Jam weren't even that long ago.

I mean, I know it's not the same series but still.

Clov

Aw, a new Paper Mario? I have pretty much no confidence in a new Paper Mario game being any good at all. What a disappointment.

TriGen

Paper Mario, cool. That was my first guess!

I remember when we heard about an IS employee mentioning it at a job fair or something. Nice to see something come of that.

This really fits with what I was thinking earlier too. It's a really nice franchise to get back on consoles that can fill-out the Wii U lineup, while some big stuff is likely being developed for NX.

AdanVC

Paper Mario?? Aw yiss. It's been almost ten tears since the last Paper Mario on consoles so this is great!

Now the wait to see if this is actually true and when the heck Nintendo will announce it...

Top Bottom