• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (PC) is currently $15.79 or £10.80 at gog.com (using Hola)

Tak3n

Banned
I do appreciate there is a unrivalled love for the devs of this game and you may want to pay the full RRP in your country to show the love...

However if you don't mind a bit of trickery use hola pointed at Ukraine to get Witcher 3 for a stupendous price :)

you may need to clear you cookies first as Gog remembers your last visit, so make sure you have hola pointed at Ukraine before you visit, and turn off Hola when you get to the paypal log in page

enjoy

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's possible the Eastern European version will be "language-locked" as there's an RU-specific sub in use on Steam.

Slixshot

Banned
Bomba and the game isn't even out?! Idk guys, this isn't lookin too good.

wPg8h9Q.gif

tioslash

It's possible the Eastern European version will be "language-locked" as there's an RU-specific sub in use on Steam.

You mean the new sub, right? Or do you think there´s a high probability of them using a language-lock on the "RU OLD" too?

Lucifon

Doesn't seem to work for me anyway. Just keeps bringing up UK prices still.

Edit - didn't read the bit about cookies, oops. Guessing it's that.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
The game development climate is harsh enough as it is economically, im not going to contribute to that with this type of greed, especially when its one of my most anticipated game of the year. I already preordered the premium edition for 39 dollars, which in itself is an absolute steal, im happy with that.

scitek

I don't see the need to make people who might want to save money on the game feel bad about it. They're taking a risk that it might not be in a language they understand, so they might literally get what they pay for.

If there is one company that deserves full support from us, it's CDPR.

But for those who can't afford it otherwise then this is better than nothing I guess.

b0uncyfr0

Im tempted since its $72 in Australia and that's if you have both witcher 1 and 2. Its quite messed up here because i know where to get it for $23 ROW on steam.

Non the less I would support them by buying from GOG but I've made it a rule not to pre-order. Doesn't matter who the Dev is or how good the game looks.

I will most likely get it after its been released and any initial bugs/performance issues are ironed out. It kills me because I want to support CDPR badly!

I'll be buying this at full price. The devs definitely deserve it. Not many AAA games that are DRM free

No guarantee the PS4 version is going to run good, either.

My PC screen tears like crazy no matter what, so often I'll get the PS4 version even if it's 30FPS because my monitors fucking blow.

Still getting this on PC though.

Majukun

got the code for the game with my 970,so I'm already OK, but will signal it to my friends so thanks for the heads up

Stormus

If you want to get it cheaper, more power to you. However, this seems to be one of the rare releases that has enough content to justify the $60 price tag, so I have no issue paying full price day one.

jacobeid

Banned
I almost jumped on a similar deal a few months ago. Glad I didn't because my 7850 doesn't even hit the required specs for the game. PS4 it is.

For those concerned about the language, I saw this on GOG:

GOG said:
If I buy the game in a specific country, will I only have access to that country's language version?

Everyone who buys The Witcher will have access to all of the language versions. You can pick and choose as you see fit.

KKRT00

I almost jumped on a similar deal a few months ago. Glad I didn't because my 7850 doesn't even hit the required specs for the game. PS4 it is.

Oh wow, dont look at recommended specs. Buy it on PC, it will be much better experiences due to mods and it will cost You less, and You will be able to play when this generation ends.

---
No thanks The Witcher 3 is well worth my 50 euros.
It costs 36E on gog.com where devs gets 100% revenue.

Valravn

No thanks i got 3 free copies because i purchased three Titan X cards because i have too much money.

I am joking of course.

PC Collector's edition is pre-ordered and ready to be manhandled by Amazon/USPS.
If you can't afford full price I understand, I was younger. Vote with your wallet, support quality games.

PC Collector's edition is pre-ordered and ready to be manhandled by Amazon/USPS.
If you can't afford full price I understand, I was younger. Vote with your wallet, support quality games.
I pre-ordered the PC Collector's Edition.
Then I got impatient and wanted to have those digital goodies earlier, I pre-ordered the GOG version as well.

No ragrets.

Yet.
And I hope they don't disappoint me.

Ya'll gonna do this to CD Projekt of all people with all the consumer-friendly stuff they've done? Stop abusing regional pricing and just wait for the game to get cheaper with your impatient asses.

I wasn't playing on getting this for PC but $13.99 sounds tempting.

After more contemplating, my 3.4 AMD Quad core CPU and GTX 760 might not be up to snuff anyways.

Denton

Insane deal if multilanguage, though personally I am fine with paying 170 euros for CE and GOG versions. Will probably tripledip on Steam for convenience.

Zaph

Shitty thing to do if you were already prepared to pay full price.

They're one of the most deserving AAA devs.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm only seeing £41.49 here in the UK.

anyway i really don't mind paying full price. just hope my PC will handle it at decent settings. so i'll be holding off a bit after launch.

Nikodemos

Not gonna do it. I'd feel constantly bad afterwards.

If it's anyone deserving to buy their games at massive discount, it's the likes of Ubi. I held out on Heroes 6 until the Gamersgate 75% off deal, despite somewhat liking the series.

Bytes

"Supporting the devs" is your own prerogative. I'll support my wallet, thanks.

This is such a strange industry.....I don't know of any other ones that have a large and vocal group of consumers trying to shame you into paying full price.

Top Bottom