• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (PC) is currently $15.79 or £10.80 at gog.com (using Hola)

Crawl

I only pay full price for very developers games (Blizzard, Valve) and CD projekt is one I am happy to give full price to. They have earned it. And I want them to make more exciting / gorgeous RPGs in the future.

Stormus

"Supporting the devs" is your own prerogative. I'll support my wallet, thanks.

This is such a strange industry.....I don't know of any other ones that have a large and vocal group of consumers trying to shame you into paying full price.

This is as meaningless of a statement as when people say, "well that's your opinion". Well... of course it is.

This is why we can't have nice things, GOG is trying to push the fair price package and drm-free just for people to abuse it, anyway if you are really short of money go for it, I'll recognize some people simply don't have the money to pay full price or could need it for something else, just don't go use that money to pay for a patch on steam later, I guess we could call it an early sale.

funkypie

Banned
Insane deal if multilanguage, though personally I am fine with paying 170 euros for CE and GOG versions. Will probably tripledip on Steam for convenience.

Why do people do this? Just buy it once from stream or gog. Do people actually do this or is it some kind of gaf bragging by stating this? Buying the game at their rrp is more than enough to support the dev.

KKRT00

This is why we can't have nice things, GOG is trying to push the fair price package and drm-free just for people to abuse it, anyway if you are really short of money go for it, I'll recognize some people simply don't have the money to pay full price or could need it for something else, just don't go use that money to pay for a patch on steam later, I guess we could call it an early sale.

What is strange that Polish gog.com price is actually much higher than retail price, by 15-25% depending on the shop.

Looks like it's going for $28 on Ebay at the moment in case you wanted the Steam version. They're from people selling the copies that come with their new Nvidia cards.

That's probably the route I'll go solely for convenience.

Edit: Did some research and it's actually a voucher for a GOG code, not Steam.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
May double dip for this price. Have the CE preordered on my PS4 but wouldn't mind seeing how it looks on my 3770k 970FTW as well.

dlauv

Usually I would wait for a deal like this, but having played Witcher 2, I am satisfied with paying full price. That and CDPR has incredible DLC practices. They deserve it all.

There is a higher chance it will run better on ps4 than if he played it on his PC, if he is concern about it.

Unlike besoft and ubisoft the Dev at least seem to care about their game.

Exactly
Just like dark souls, skyrim, crysis 1-2 etc last gen, if there's one thing you can be sure of when you buy a game on consoles it's that it'll have a basic amount of quality control and will run acceptably

/s
If he has an intel cpu and a more powerful gpu it's guaranteed to run better on his pc.

Frog-fu

Banned
Projekt Red deserve to be compensated fully. The game is massive and detailed in equal measure, and it's going to have tons of free DLC. Unless you live in a country where prices are ridiculous, I think it'd be scummy to exploit loopholes like this.

This is such a strange industry.....I don't know of any other ones that have a large and vocal group of consumers trying to shame you into paying full price.

It's interesting, I have several friends who have no qualms with pirating terabytes of movies and music, but they refuse to do so with games.

PC Collector's edition is pre-ordered and ready to be manhandled by Amazon/USPS.
If you can't afford full price I understand, I was younger. Vote with your wallet, support quality games.

Exactly this.

Cant wait to get my collector edition and join it with the Witcher 2's one.

Nillansan

I hope that this loop hole gets fixed soon, I am pleased to see that many are willing to pay full price for the game despite the region exploit.

Denton

Why do people do this? Just buy it once from stream or gog. Do people actually do this or is it some kind of gaf bragging by stating this? Buying the game at their rrp is more than enough to support the dev.
I am a fan since 1999 when I read the Witcher saga for the first time. CDP is literally making my childhood dreams come true, and for that, I enjoy rewarding them. Also, I like the physical CE stuff, and digital copy for convenience.

I hope that this loop hole gets fixed soon, I am pleased to see that many are willing to pay full price for the game despite the region exploit.

See the argument against this though is that this may actually net them more in sales overall as people who were a definite-no towards the game (or completely uninterested) will impulse buy at such a low price. Or people who were waiting for a steep sale anyways. $13 is pretty cheap though, I'd wager $20 would be more comfortable for the devs but I'm sure they have people running analytics on what they can afford to do.

Recently, games that have been priced cheaper than $50-60 have often had raging sales so I wouldn't be worried that W3 will do poorly for them when sold at a discount. Maybe the opposite in fact.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You mean the new sub, right? Or do you think there´s a high probability of them using a language-lock on the "RU OLD" too?

CDPR wouldn't get away with language-locking the previous sub on the count of it being region-free, which is why it was replaced.

b0bbyJ03

I don't see anyone "shaming"
It's just principle. Even killers have a code.
I think people just see something they love or are passionate about and want to support it. that is my reasoning. If i was broke, I'd do whatever I had to do to get it cheaper. nothing wrong with that but just know that nothing speaks louder than your money. If enough people support something, we'll see more of it and the opposite holds true as well.

I don't even know what you mean by Hola. I'm curious, but I think I'll just pay the full price either way since this company rocks.

Shari

incognito doest provide support for extensions so Hola won't work there.

Use hola for ukraine and then delete you gog cookies, follow an online guide if you have to.

Bought it this morning, as said, hell of a deal.

erawsd

Considering how many other developers have been forced to close down or sell themselves to the highest bidder, I totally understand the attitude. Heck, CDPR was nearly bankrupted when they shipped TW2. These days they are pretty much the only AAA developer that hasnt been absorbed by someone much bigger.

While I'm happy to pay full price for the game. I wouldnt shame anyone else trying to save a buck, I used this hola thing to buy Dragon Age for half price.

MrFortyFive

I'm happy to have paid full price for it (well, 20% off with the loyalty discount for owning 1 & 2). They earned it and deserve it. But the point has been made that maybe this kind of price would bring in people who might not otherwise be interested. Hopefully it might get more people into using GOG for other games too.

Top Bottom