• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tried to watch Interstellar and bd drive died

malfcn

It appears the Xbox One didn't like this movie. Half way through it froze. I could not get it to quit or restart. But the drive would just keep clicking.

After 5 minutes the app stopped. When I start it again it makes some clicks and just shows black.
When I start it there is a brief little film strip that plays, is that normal?

Going to try a hard reboot.
This is annoying me because this was an exchange unit. Have had problems with it. But they told me one warranty date, but now it's expired.

/steaming 😤

malfcn

Thank goodness a restart worked.
What is the film strip graphic.
And a seek bar on the screen while the Xbox had a seeker.
Why is the drive loud during movies.

So many questions.
Time to try and finish my movie.
After a 10 minute interruption of good scene.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Every hour running a disc in the Xbone's Bluray player is like running a disc for 7 years in any other Bluray player.

God damn, this movie I tell 'ya. As a person who suffers from motion sickness, this movie was a bit of Hell to get through after the 40 minute point.

have you tried love

It's you from the future trying to stop you from watching Interstellar

iboEmdiAEqT2NA.gif

Man I hate that movie

I don't hate it but I don't love it neither. There's a few parts that really bothers me, thw whole matt damon part is waaay too 'hollywood cheap script' for me. and yeah that plot with the 'love'.... I was like seriously? a friend of mine said: You'll get it once you're a father. Yeah no lol
Soundtrack is amazing though so there's that

KoopaTheCasual

nah the movie is pretty great aside from the anomaly stuff
For a majority of the movie it's really high quality and well done. There's just a few crucial moments that I felt were handled like complete ass that jettisoned me out of my 'immersion' and actually made me mad.

I think that's why I have such a strong negative reaction, is because it DID have so much promise and DID do a lot right
I don't hate it but I don't love it neither. There's a few parts that really bothers me, thw whole matt damon part is waaay too 'hollywood cheap script' for me. and yeah that plot with the 'love'.... I was like seriously? a friend of mine said: You'll get it once you're a father. Yeah no lol
Soundtrack is amazing though so there's that
Yea, just a lot of moments that made me say "seriously?"

Cider

So I go to one of those "prestigious" schools full of arrogant pricks (myself included) and the second Anne Hathaway said 'love' the entire theater bursted out laughing. Probably my favorite moment of undergraduate years tbh.

Top Bottom