• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tried to watch Interstellar and bd drive died

SpiritedShadowyGrunion.gif
slow_clap_meme_by_heroratchet-d70toro.gif

Cider

no it wouldn't

the general bullshit surrounding matt Damon and everything after he enters the black hole make the movie really fucking bad
I agree though.
Fuck Matt Damon. He single handedly ruined what could've been one of my favorite movies

If you guys haven't seen The Prestige, why are you not watching it right now? Best Chris Nolan movie ya'll

wolfhowwl

Banned
You guys could just admit Interstellar was too deep for you instead of immaturely sniping at a generation-defining auteur like Christopher Nolan. This film was almost as good as Dark Knight Rises.

FinKL

have you tried love

It's you from the future trying to stop you from watching Interstellar

Every hour running a disc in the Xbone's Bluray disc drive is like 7 years in any other Bluray player.

Stop trying to translate the clicks using morse, try binary.

It's not the hardware, it's gravity.

ayyy lmao. You all got it.

You guys could just admit Interstellar was too deep for you instead of immaturely sniping at a generation-defining auteur like Christopher Nolan. This film was almost as good as Dark Knight Rises.

I too thought about defending the film on its merits...but then I remembered my future self told my present self I have to know when to pick my battles.

Interstellar is a brilliant film. Not for anyone due to the complexity of it's themes, very technical overall, but great anyway. Yeah
the black hole/another dimension ending was a bit farfecthed
but no way compromises the overall experience.

probably too much dust

No need to watch the fucking movie now. Cheers for spoiling it, everyone. Uncool.

That's like hearing the end of 2001 and considering the movie spoiled. Anyway, the best way to spoil Interstellar is too watch the whole thing, it's probably better if you imagine just how good it's going to be, then never watch it.

geeko

I had problems with disk drive too. My launch units disk drive started grinding and stopped reading disks. This was just short of a year and I did an advance exchange. 4 months later same thing happened, disk drive issues but it was out of warranty. Cost me about $150 to get it repaired. I was pretty annoyed at that point but sucked it up and dealt with it because I like my Xbox One. 2 weeks later the unit i have repaired stops booting. At that point I just about lost it. 3 failures in less than a year and a half. I had them do an advance exchange on that one and have one that's been good so far. Now I'm afraid of this one failing on me and if it does, I doubt I'll pay to fix again. If it has issues I'll likely sell it and put it towards a new PC. At least for my troubles I got 4 months of free xbox gold... :/

Armis13

Neo Member
You need to repurpose that Xbone to run a combine out in the fields. It needs to adapt like the rest of us.

Theonik

Sounds like you had a secret sauce leak, that spilled in the drive internals.
Doubt it could be mended.

Jito

Banned
No need to watch the fucking movie now. Cheers for spoiling it, everyone. Uncool.

"I feel like being a moron today, let's read a thread about a movie I've not seen then cry about spoilers"

Future you should of told you to stop being such an idiot.

Top Bottom