• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank movie to be shown in Cannes in May

Lucreto

May 15th and 16th

RATCHET AND CLANK, two unlikely heroes, must stop a vile alien named Chairman Drek from destroying every planet in the Solana Galaxy. Ratchet is the last of his kind - a foolhardy “lombax” who has grown up alone on a backwater planet with no family of his own. Clank is a pint-sized robot with more brains than brawn. When the two stumble upon a dangerous weapon capable of destroying entire planets, they must join forces with a team of colorful heroes called The Galactic Rangers in order to save the galaxy. Along the way they’ll learn about heroism, friendship, and the importance of discovering one’s own identity.

http://www.cinemamanagementgroup.com/film/ratchet-clank-3d/

Two new images
The-Galactic-Rangers.jpg

Ratchet-and-Clank.jpg

It looks amazing and can't wait to see more.

Percy

Banned
Visually, the movie is shaping up a lot better than I was expecting given the studio making it. Might take the kids to see it when it comes out.

I don't really care about the movie but I am interested in seeing the game.

Yeah, should at least be interesting to see which of the two has the better framerate hyuk hyuk

To make it popular in France they should just make Ratchet and Clank black and white, have a lot of people smoking and talking pretentiously, make the plot unintelligible, and add Gérard Depardieu. Boom. Hit of Cannes!

JediLink

I'm eager to find out if the movie is worth the attention of anyone over five. The trailer gave me... mixed feelings.

Sami+

I really, really hope it's good and successful. Lift some of the stigma of video game movies having to be trash and actually do something good with the IP for the first time in years.

Carl

Wonderful. Big fan of the series, rather looking forward to this. Hope it turns out well.

Didn't know the Galactic Rangers were in this. I loved them in Ratchet 3. Hope they're as good in the film. Fingers crossed :)

SerTapTap

Visually it looks great (other than Drek's changes). Hoping the writing is up to par. If the writing is as good as the games it could be more or less the first game movie not to suck (Silent Hill was...alright)

Carl

Visually it looks great (other than Drek's changes). Hoping the writing is up to par. If the writing is as good as the games it could be more or less the first game movie not to suck (Silent Hill was...alright)

it's being written by TJ Fixman so i see no reason why it wouldn't be as good as the writing in the games

SerTapTap

it's being written by TJ Fixman so i see no reason why it wouldn't be as good as the writing in the games

Yeah I just try to keep myself skeptical because game movies just...never go right. I don't see any obvious reason this one wouldn't but damn it's a lot of bad precedent.

Circinus

Ah nice to hear something about the film again. Can't wait for the film. I'm going to guess it's going to release in August.

Does anyone know if the movie is getting a theatrical release? Or straight to blu Ray type deal?

Yes, worldwide theatrical release with Cinema Management Group as distributor.

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will be distributing the Blu-ray/DVD release after theatrical run.

He does well with the character interactions and, for the most part, the dialogue. The only R&C plot he's written that was exceptional was CiT imo. If anything, the movie should at least "feel" like a Ratchet and Clank game.

It's being directed by Kevin Munroe, who did TMNT 2007.

Is this getting a theatrical release? Thought it was a direct-to-video movie.

It was announced to have a theatrical release from the start.

jonno394

I'll likely take my nieces to see this if it gets a theatrical release in the UK. Usually if I just say to them "do you want to go watch X" they say yes, even if they don't know anything about it.

Circinus

Hopefully at E3 we will see the that long time ago announced videogame reboot made by Insomniac.

Undoubtedly since it's scheduled for this fall and according to Insomniac Games the game is looking really good right now. Wih Uncharted 4 being delayed, Ratchet & Clank will be SCE's PS4 game to be in the spotlight this fall.

BadWolf

Seems it had a decent budget going by those shots, good stuff.

Guessing it will be released along with, or close to, the game remake?

If the writing is as good as the first few games were, this should be really good. Reminds me I need to buy a vita or PS3 to replay the collection.

Hopefully at E3 we will see the that long time ago announced videogame reboot made by Insomniac.

It was only announced 10 months ago at E3 2014. But they did say it would be a '2015' release, but suspiciously didn't show anything of it. And they still haven't shown it at all.

Hopefully what began as only a 're-imagining' has become something much bigger - I'm in desperate need for the return to AAA Ratchet, instead of the lame B-tier games they've release since CiT.
I'll watch this movie.

I wish there was another game, running at 60fps...

But I will watch this movie.
The movie will be shit as Ratchet will only be running at 23.976fps ;)

Elandyll

Banned
Won't lie, it looks a lot better than what I was expecting.

Tbh I was fully expecting a half assed effort with average animation and fast tracked graphics ala Hoodwinked. Glad to see that it doesn't appear to be the case.

Carl

Yeah I just try to keep myself skeptical because game movies just...never go right. I don't see any obvious reason this one wouldn't but damn it's a lot of bad precedent.

True enough! Quietly hoping it will be great but s you say, there isn't a great track record for video game films

Top Bottom