• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank movie to be shown in Cannes in May

jiggle

They had the PS3 Ratchet looking like this

rc4hk4y.jpg

rc1vdk58.jpg

They've said that the PS4 Ratchet will standup with the best looking games on the system. So they should be receiving a healthy budget. It's going to be interesting to see as I think this will be the first big budget cartoony game designed specifically for the PS4.
Those are nice but the screen from movie is just so much better
Captain qwark's chin looks like an ass so smooth you can kiss

Would you please refer me to that quote. I can't be the only one thinking this "reimagining" is just an up rezzed PS2 port that is going to release digitally only. I mean really this whole new cachet game sounds scetchy

Oh my no. It's a dual production between the Burbank and North Carolina Insomniac Studios. It's very much a big deal, and a major IGs release.

Captain qwark's chin looks like an ass so smooth you can kiss

Jstevens, you have your movie poster quote right here

lol

I think I recognize fish face over there

latest

Girl looks like figboy's avatar, and it would be a massive shake-up if Qwark was suddenly a good guy in this re-telling.
Qwark's being evil was a major sub-plot of the original game

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Weren't they done the same way that ND did their cutscenes on the PS3? As in it's not like Blur or Visual Works CG.

Yeah, they basically rendered all of the cutscenes on the PS3 using high end models, and recorded it for playback. In either case, A Crack in Time looked amazing to me, in game and cutscenes. The art design was excellent.

I'm really looking forward to this movie, and the new game.

Lucreto

I think I recognize fish face over there

latest

Girl looks like figboy's avatar, and it would be a massive shake-up if Qwark was suddenly a good guy in this re-telling.
Qwark's being evil was a major sub-plot of the original game

Quark's subplot looks like it is out of the movie. Dr. Nefarious is meant to be in the movie as well so that could be his subplot.

Oersted

I can guarantee Marnie, TBatW, Zarafa and Shaun are even close to a threat. Minions, and Inside Out, Good Dinosaur, and Peanuts are the last big animated releases of the year. I'm not saying Ratchet is going to be a runaway hit, but it's a little lolworthy to think the films you listed will easily trump it. Foreign/independent films barely stand a chance worldwide, unfortunately.

A threat to Ratchet? It won't get nominated to begin with. The 2 Disney movies, Peanuts, Minions are guarantees. Leaves the room for one nomination at best, which will either the final Ghibli or the biggest european movie (Shaun). Which was my point. Even Hotel Transilvanya is more likely.

Circinus

A threat to Ratchet? It won't get nominated to begin with. The 2 Disney movies, Peanuts, Minions are guarantees. Leaves the room for one nomination at best, which will either the final Ghibli or the biggest european movie (Shaun). Which was my point. Even Hotel Transilvanya is more likely.

We'll see. ^.^

I think you're probably right, though.

Circinus

Who did the animation for this movie?

Anyone know which studio?

Rainmaker Entertainment. They did 'Escape From Planet Earth' as far CGI animated feature films with theatrical release go. Otherwise they have mostly done direct-to-video films, including many Barbie movies.

In terms of animation and CGI, the trailer looked great in my humble opinion, so they seem to have done a good job. Their Sly Cooper teaser trailer was excellent as well.

Top Bottom