• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves will Have no New Raid

tumblr_mvqx9bG11H1s3dn6no1_400.gif

Ummm... what the fuck?

What the fuck is the point of the expansion then.. seriously?

The raids were the only thing making the expansions remotely worthwhile.

mtodavk

My god.

I'll be honest, I really loved playing this game, but the content just wasn't there to make me keep playing it.

Now that I know that Bungie clearly doesn't think there's an issue here, I'm pretty glad I didn't even buy the first DLC. Shooting things in Destiny was so much fun...I just wish there was a little more variety.

Mooreberg

I hope they have a good content plan for Destiny 2, because I'm not seeing what $100 is getting anybody that bought this game and the season pass (worst phrase ever) at the same time. Fun game play, but just too sparse on content.

sweenster

hmmmm sounds like firefight mode to me, also the gear for the Trials of Osiris looks sick (In a good way).

trials.jpg

EDIT: adding the exact text from bungie.net:

urk said:
House of Wolves will not have a Raid activity. We didn't make this decision lightly. Our team has been humbled by the reception of Raids in Destiny and we are creating a new Raid for a release later this year. House of Wolves will have a new cooperative end game activity focused on variety, replayability, and skill – a new battle Arena called The Prison of Elders.
urk said:
Wednesday, May 6th: Reveal and live gameplay of Prison of Elders, a brand new three-player cooperative multiplayer arena.

Simply unacceptable. I've enjoyed (clearly just look at my avatar) and put countless hours into the game, but this is just absolutely stupid. It's pretty much universally agreed on that raids are the best part of Destiny and now they decide not to even add a new one for this second expansion. The Dark Below already alienated and made many Destiny fans such as myself disappointed, this is certainly not a step in the right direction.

Well I am glad they invested the extra time in making an amazing piece of DLC that will silence the naysayers. Sure this content was found shortly after launch and the May launch reeks of staving off a glut of content between the end of the expansion pass that so many bought and the true expansion in September. But I am sure that things will be different this time, that Bungie learned from their mistakes. What do you mean they said that last time and nothing changed?

I still can't stop playing.

-MD-

I actually forgot Destiny was a thing for a minute there, I haven't seen a single mention of it in months.

WinFonda

I'm actually interested then. Seems like it has more of a focus on PvP and matchmade content, which is all I ever did in Destiny. I stopped playing when Dark Below came out.

Kyoufu

Does this mean I won't have to use some external tool to find a group that may or may not be able to help me get the best loot in current content?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I guess people won't be rushing to play this expansion.

People will still buy it and play it.

The game ia like a political party in that there is a very passionate following, while the majority of people dislike their policies and practices.

I am somewhere in the middle. I loved my time with Destiny, that is for sure. I just have no incentive to play more, this content does nothing for me.

MaxiLive

Maybe the 3 player horde mode might have some decent raid style mechanics? Still must be pretty rough for the core Destiny fans to not have a new raid to conquer. Becomes even less of an MMO world with each update/dlc pack by the looks of things.

Ah well there should be a new pack at the end of the year :p

W1SSY

Without the raid I don't see much reason to grind for the upgraded gear. Honestly for me that was the only thing to keep me playing and I doubt I put a lot of time into the new mode.

malfcn

Armor looks awesome.
But where is the content. Haven't missed since trading in. The time I did play was great though. Then it became a getting, chore and bore.

Hopefully the next entry is more fleshed out and complete.

Spy

Also, this new mode is only 3 players. And it mentions a path to upgrade exotics, I thought we wouldn't have to do this again?

Bry0

So many people are going to read this title and insta-reply without seeing that they are trying something new instead of making a raid.

ezekial45

Banned
One thing I do like is that they're upgrading the Fatebringer. It's a great weapon.

But yeah, no Raid is a bit of a deal breaker. $20 is far too much for this.

Enilced2

I'm part of the problem, I was totally not interested after the meh that was the last DLC but that Anubis helm for my lock !

hamchan

That's awful. The raid is the top tier content in the game and what people aim for in the endgame. To not include it in a paid "expansion" is terrible.

One thing I do like is that they're upgrading the Fatebringer. It's a great weapon.

But yeah, no Raid is a bit of a deal breaker. $20 is far too much for this.

Yeah, and calling this an expansion pass is embarrassing. MMO expansion packs have more content than all of Destiny and all of its DLC combined.

tci

Glad I jumped ship shortly after Krota. Shitty content and repetitive as hell. I paid for the Krota DLC and played for 40 min, beating all the missions. Didn't bother playing more because the content sucked.

I find it strange people still play this game. I have a few work colleges that still play. They have all the gear on 3 characters each. They will probably not like this news at all. It seems to me they are expecting 1-2 raids to be included from what I heard last from them.

Bungie needs to step up their content really soon to keep players happy. I expect the user base to drop by a considerable margin after this DLC.

Top Bottom