• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves will Have no New Raid

Oh my god. The only thing worth buying the first extension is not present in the second ? Yeah, I said it multiples times, it would take a mircale for me to go back. Good job making me right bungie

Simply unacceptable. I've enjoyed (clearly just look at my avatar) and put countless hours into the game, but this is just absolutely stupid. It's pretty much universally agreed on that raids are the best part of Destiny and now they decide not to even add a new one for this second expansion. The Dark Below already alienated and made many Destiny fans such as myself disappointed, this is certainly not a step in the right direction.

wait, so you say that The Dark Below Elinated fans already, and it had a raid. But yet you have an issue with this expansion which chose to offer a new structure instead of a raid for purchase.

DNAbro

Are you fucking kidding me?

I wanted a goddamn horde mode but not at the cost of a raid. Jesus fucking Christ Bungie.

renegadez

Neo Member
oh man this could be a deal breaker. I have a set crew of 6 that raids on a regular and were excited for this update. big fail

wrog

Bungie just can't stop disappointing you. Witcher 3 it is. I will try new content because I already paid for the expansion but I don't care about PVP and horde modes.

That arena sounds like an accurate description of the people who have stuck around this long.

well_done_sir.gif

ryuken-d

Simply unacceptable. I've enjoyed (clearly just look at my avatar) and put countless hours into the game, but this is just absolutely stupid. It's pretty much universally agreed on that raids are the best part of Destiny and now they decide not to even add a new one for this second expansion. The Dark Below already alienated and made many Destiny fans such as myself disappointed, this is certainly not a step in the right direction.

fuck me, I'm pissed and glad I stopped playing literally right before the dark below came out. I also had a great time playing this game for the first, I don't know 60+ hours. All I wanted were new planets. Of course, new raids, new weapons, new armor and more story! most importantly new planets!!

Sifl

I thought the other dlc's were short on content, but they can't honestly expect people to pay 20$ for horde mode and story missions(if it's even horde mode).

Personally glad to see the horde mode doesn't require 6 players but it would have been nice if they could have made 3 and 6 player versions or at least allowed 4 players like a normal coop game. Destiny really needs to give players more options.

Ha! Bungie look to be shitting the bed with this decision.

Hardcore Destiny players better pray to the Gods that arena mode thing is even half decent.

Carl

Personally i find raids the best part of the game, VoG especially. Even after all this time, it's still fun to group up with clanmates and go through the Vault and beat Atheon. Crota isn't as good but still a good amount of fun. My clan was looking forward to a good new raid to sink our teeth into and have some fun with. To find out that there's no raid is a real letdown considering that it's the main thing to do after completing the game.

Raide

Poor Bungie. What the hell happened to you? They seriously could not produce another decent new Raid for players? Tut tut.

Hoping someone takes the essence of Destiny and actually do it correctly and not just out to nickel and dime their fanbase. Should be ashamed.

That is bizarre as hell.

So did they yank The Reef raid and are slapping it into a different piece of DLC (e.g. the 'Comet' DLC) that those of us that purchased the Expansion Pass won't get access to?

To take one of the biggest marks against this game-- the lack of content-- and answer that critique by offering less content than you have previously (and the most lauded component of your game bar none) seems crazy even when compared to the other decisions Bungie has made in regards to Destiny.

I also hope this news hit early enough so that I can hear Jeff (rightfully) rant about this on tomorrow's Bombcast.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The DLC and post launch content for Destiny has been what really soured me on the game. I figured that Bungie would listen to fans and really turn the game around with feedback, patches, and expansions but NOPE. Expansions just fuck over all your previous gear and add more of the same.

I like how they flat out admit they cut the raid to hold it for later this year. Since its Bungie, there is no way its free and is instead being held back to bolster the Comet DLC this September. Perfectly sums up the content approach to Destiny: cut stuff, get the barebones out, charge to add that stuff back in.

What's the over under that this Arena is going to have matchmaking? I am assuming Bungie is still keeping their heads firmly planted up their ass when it comes to matchmaking.

JoshHood

From what I've heard, the Dark Below wasn't anywhere near as well-received as Vault of Glass. Maybe it's better they spend longer on the raids (they do say there's another coming, assumably in Comet) to keep the quality up?

I also kind of get the impression that they see the raids being played a lot less than everything else given the rigmarole to get six players together (I've been playing the game regularly since launch and only managed it last weekend) - the fact the replacement is for the much more common fireteam of three would suggest so at least. Seems they might be retooling things a bit.

Arkage

Banned
Seriously, what the fuck. Bungie is trying with all their might to make me stop caring about this game. Raids are literally the only part I enjoyed.

Never getting an expansion pass again.

Probably horde type mode.
I'd probably bust a gut laughing if it turned out to be a boss gauntlet.

A firefight mode might actually possibly maybe get me to want to jump back in, but the price would still keep me away, and if its an endless mode I wouldn't expect much in terms of in-game rewards as it'd be too easy to farm.

Jinjo

Woah. Bungie keeps making dumb decision after dumb decision. Fucking shameful. I bought the expansion pass because of the raids.

Top Bottom