• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves will Have no New Raid

tci

Am actually looking into a way to delete my profile and character for this game now. Will never play it again. Maybe even future Bungie games. Dead serious.

Dynomutt

hmmmm sounds like firefight mode to me, also the gear for the Trials of Osiris looks sick (In a good way).

trials.jpg

What's up with Bungie biting on mythology though for storyline? Before it was Norse, Greek, and East Mythology now it's clearly Egyptian. Come at least be original.

My hype is lost for House of Wolves, as well as my motivation to play.

Raids are by far the most fun thing to do in Destiny and they're not adding a new one?! I might be done.

gatti-man

If the raid was going to be like crota then I'm glad at this decision. If this means no content in the DLC then well it's exactly as I expected anyways siiiiigh.

Lack of raid sucks, but I've had a hard time getting five friends to want to raid anyways. I'm more interested in new modes for 1-3 players.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I think I am okay with this. As someone like me who fell for misleading shitty marketing of this shit game and bought a game with a season pass on day 1. I still haven't played any raid simply because both my friends sold theirs, and its hard for me to find guys online to play with on compatible timing. Its just shame that I cant play something that I paid for.

Hopefully this 3 player thing I will be able to play. Then I am deleting this game.

I don't even understand what this means

Anyone?

I think it means that you go into the prison with all three of your characters and they get trapped by a clever ploy. You then must grind until you have aged three years in real life before your characters escape and you can play other content again.

You will be treated with a 30 second video and a level 18 weapon for your troubles.

KZObsessed

This is why I never buy season passes/expansion passes until I know what I'm getting. So few of them are actually of any value.

Airgetlam

Raids are great and all. But once you've done them it's really not all that exciting the second or third time around. Maybe this new thing will have more replay value.

DNAbro

I'll probably play this due to already paying for it., and then never again. Not any future sequels/DLC or anything. Fuck off Bungie you have completely lost me as customer.

Carl

From what I've heard, the Dark Below wasn't anywhere near as well-received as Vault of Glass. Maybe it's better they spend longer on the raids (they do say there's another coming, assumably in Comet) to keep the quality up?

I also kind of get the impression that they see the raids being played a lot less than everything else given the rigmarole to get six players together (I've been playing the game regularly since launch and only managed it last weekend) - the fact the replacement is for the much more common fireteam of three would suggest so at least. Seems they might be retooling things a bit.

Personally the fact that it's only 3 players makes me very unlikely to play it much. Raids mean most of my friends can play together.

Wait so what was that about we learned from our mistakes? So we got rid of raids. lol

VOG was amazing, if a raid of that quality was ll they gave us it would be worth the price of DLC. This is disgusting news. I really want to know what Bungie is doing man.

kiguel182

I never played the raid on the base game because of the time to get there and the whole "finding 6 people" deal but everyone says they are great activities for end game content so it's a shame they aren't included.

On another hand it's great that there's another end game activity for those who don't want/can't do Raids. The content in Destiny is pretty limited as it is so a little more variety can't be bad.

wow. Did they explicitly say that there will be a raid before this news? i paid for the expansion pack, and this is a second stab to the back.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Destiny is truly the game that keeps entertaining far after you gave up playing it. Jesus bungie.

Fisty

Makes sense. Push raid back, polish it to a fine sheen, release it for free, and make it require level 34, which you cant reach without DLC. Brilliant.

jadedm17

House of Wolves will not have a Raid activity. We didn't make this decision lightly. Our team has been humbled by the reception of Raids in Destiny and we are creating a new Raid for a release later this year. House of Wolves will have a new cooperative end game activity focused on variety, replayability, and skill – a new battle Arena called The Prison of Elders.

Thats.... Really? I wish I could sell my Destiny account separate from my PSN and buy a better game.
I can say that, I've put in the hours and have nothing left to do.

Makes sense. Push raid back, polish it to a fine sheen, release it for free, and make it require level 34, which you cant reach without DLC. Brilliant.

Just like the current raids?
Fuck you auto respawning Minotaur in VOG

Springy

Man, that really sucks for Destiny players. From what people say, a raid would've been the centerpiece of any further content drop. It seems the value proposition for the season pass has ended up being rather lacking.

At least Bungie knows how to make an entertaining firefight mode?

Rosur

Guess their too busy on the Squeal. I regret spending £150 on the collectors edition and for that gonna be passing on the Squeal (unless its something special but reckon it will be more of the same).

Tengrave

Wow! Hands down this is the worst season pass I have ever purchased. I am interested to see how they are even going to begin to sell Comet this year.

Top Bottom