• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One basic 1TB.

Guymelef

EAN 885370898279
PVPR 449.99€ (IVA Incluido)
Idioma de caja EN/ES/IT/FR/DE
Fecha de lanzamiento 23/06/2015
https://www.lameesoftware.es/producto/hardware-xbox-one/1-tb-1-000-gb-basic/
XBOH1TB.jpg

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Lame...software. Ha!

I bet it will replace the 500GB sku. I mean look at that date. This is primed to be an announcement at E3. I do hope that price is way, way off though.

Tenebrous

That price gap over the launch model is almost indicative of an SSD, but nah, you know it's just MS being greedy with the bytes.

Considering a 500GB One is ~300€, I hope that isn't the final price. Not sure that more hard drive space is what the One needs in Europe either.

SerTapTap

Uh, seems pretty pointless. I mean eventually they'll phase out the 500GB unit, but losing the bundled games and paying more is pretty stupid when you can just buy a cheap external HDD anyway. People begging for 1TB SKUs always struck me as silly considering how easy it is to buy storage, especially with the Xbone's ability to play games off USB storage.

If that means this is the new lead SKU and the current 500GB is discounted again, shit I just may jum . . find out what's in the box.

Cleve

I mean this needed to happen, and I'm sure we'll see a 1.5 or 2tb model eventually, but it needs to just phase in replacing the old SKUs with the same bundles.

They charge 150 for a standalone kinect here in Europe, so trying to sell an extra 500GB for 150 isn't a shock to me.

It's $150 in the us for the solo kinect, and they definitely had shitty hdd pricing on the 360, but given how easy it is to add usb storage charging any premium for these models makes no sense.

jelly

Expected and I guess that confirms no slim this year if they're pushing that. Microsoft are hoping to play the same cards as last gen, up the hard drive, raise the price then drop to the smaller hard drive console price so in reality, you haven't dropped the price at all!

LUXURY

Should have fucking shipped with 1 TB. I HATE HATE HATE having an external drive hooked onto my console. It's so lame.

Price between a 500gb and 1tb HDD is pretty minor even for a consumer. It's £8 but I'll give you £15 if you like.

I can only expect 1tb version to be quickly the standard price very soon.

EDIT: If we look at Seagate then its only around £4 difference between 500gb and 1tb.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
How about support for user replaceable internal drives.

Thanks.

500GB is a joke is 2015.

DYLANH24

Neo Member
How about we get external Hard Drives to expand our storage instead of having to buy another version?

EDIT: Sorry guys, meant to add in griping about PS4 hard drive space, not this, got distracted by little brother whilst I was writing it and clicked post.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I wonder if they'll discontinue the 500GB version or if they'll have this in addition to the standard model.

Smh @ that RRP. When your competition is easily outselling you even though they have the higher priced console you definetly don't counter by releasing a even higher priced base model.

Smh @ that RRP. When your competition is easily outselling you even though they have the higher priced console you definetly don't counter by releasing a even higher priced base model.

449euro pretty much is placeholder price since CODAW bundle was 499euro, don't think between this 2 version only 50euro difference.
The fact that so much people act like it's official price surprising me

jelly

The E3 announcement to make is 1TB console for $399, 500GB console for $349. Similar distinction in other markets.

What Microsoft might do because they think hardcore buyers will only care about 1TB is beyond $399 for the 1TB console until Christmas because the hardcore will buy it anyway and only bundles for the 500GB console at $399. Then price drop all offerings at Christmas.

Meanwhile for Sony at E3. Price drop. Boom.

I can see that price being correct, it converts to roughly £325 and the current RRP is now £299 in the UK.

CODAW bundle RRP was £429.

The E3 announcement to make is 1TB console for $399, 500GB console for $349. Similar distinction in other markets.

What Microsoft might do because they think hardcore buyers will only care about 1TB is beyond $399 for the 1TB console until Christmas because the hardcore will buy it anyway and only bundles for the 500GB console at $399. Then price drop all offerings at Christmas.

Meanwhile for Sony at E3. Price drop. Boom.

I think the 1TB version will just simply replace 500GB, maybe without any games for a while til holiday.

Top Bottom