• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami takes down Super Bunnyhop video (Kojima vs Konami) with copyright strike

qs5oJMo.jpg

Occam

There need to be monetary repercussions for abusing the copyright system to silence critics.

If there were hefty fines for filing false claims, this would stop.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So what was actually in the video?

Omikaru

What a revolting company. But there's nothing anyone can really do. What're we gonna do, boycott Konami games?

I guess all we can do is hope gamblers and mobile customers in Japan care about this shit. :3

Man Konami just keeps getting worse, it's almost as if they want bad PR. Bunnyhop should hopefully get his video back in a couple weeks but he shouldn't have to go through this shit in the first place.

Occam

What a revolting company. But there's nothing anyone can really do. What're we gonna do, boycott Konami games?

I guess all we can do is hope gamblers and mobile customers in Japan care about this shit. :3

Let's also boycott their Japanese fitness centers.

2thepoint

Just a horrible, horrible company.

Feel sorry for the staff who are being run by shameful, disgraceful, disgusting maniacs.

It would be great if Kojima spoke out, but alas, they probably have him gagged.

Yeah, what were the details?

So what was actually in the video?

What did the video claim?

Essentially it was a protected email between Super Bunnyhop and an alleged Konami employee describing the conditions at Konami (in short, poor to abysmal). When it first came out I was a bit wary because there wasn't any real way to know if the person was actually a Konami employee, but with this? Kinda feeling like it may have been on point.

Edit:

Just a quick correction, George (Bunnyhop) confirmed and assured us that the source was, in fact, a Konami employee. Only the info in the email was unverifiable, not the source.

Ricky_R

Somebody somewhere must've saved that video. Hopefully it finds its way to the interwebz again.

Btw, did Konami pretty much confirm that the video showed close to what actually happened? Or can it be that they didn't want wrong information fucking up their image even more?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Why does anything Konami does at this point surprise anyone? They clearly want nothing to do with video games after MGSV. They are pretty much no longer relevant to us.

Holy crap. I seem to recall a quote from game of thrones about this, just replace (BOOK 1 SPOILERS, I guess) Cersei
and Jaime being Joffrey's parents
deciding that whoever spread those rumors should be hung, and Tyrion being like "listen bitch, if you do that everyone will know they were right."

Hahaha oh man this whole thing is just too incredibly awful to NOT be some kind of marketing stunt for Phantom Pain, right? Hahah good one Kojima you really done it again. Silent Hills is still a go and soon both N64 Mystical Ninja games will be on the Wii U VC.

EVERYTHING IS FINE GUYS.

lazygecko

Are they certain the takedown actually came from the real Konami and that it wasn't just some troll looking to cause a shitstorm?

ViciousDS

Banned
this is such a fucking disaster and it even more sad/likely Konami will use their property licenses on Pachinko machines to make sure no one ever gets a hold of the IP's..

fuck you konami.

Dryk

Why does anything Konami does at this point surprise anyone? They clearly want nothing to do with video games after MGSV. They are pretty much no longer relevant to us.
They're not irrelevant until they sell all their IPs to someone who gives a shit

Top Bottom