• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes August 11th

donny2112

ITT, predict for the NPD July 2015 retail period (July 5-August 1, 2015) for U.S. hardware sales.

What is NPD?: NPD is one of the main retail tracking firms in the U.S., and also about the only one who specifically goes into detail on video games sales. This thread is to predict what the NPD hardware sales will be for the most recent month. NPD months are defined here, from jvm.
What do I win?: Bragging rights. We also keep track of predictions over the year and have an annual contest using "points." Still just bragging rights, but Sales-Agers have fun seeing how well we can do with it. See here for details on the point calculations.

Prediction entries must be in and finalized by 8 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, August 11th. Format use is required if you want your entry counted.

NPD Coverage: July 5-August 1, 2015 (4 weeks, June was 5 weeks)
NPD Release: Thursday, August 13th @ 4 p.m. EDT (thread posted ~6:30 p.m. EDT)

Format:

[3DS]
[PS4]
[WIU]
[XB1]

Good/Bad Formatting
Code:
Good              Bad
[XB1] 200K       [XB1] 200 thousand
[XB1] 200,000    [XB1] 200.000
[XB1] 200000     [XB1] - 200000

Potential hardware impacting events in July:
Summary
Bunch of nuttin'

Prediction Format: (repeating to emphasize to use this format)

[3DS]
[PS4]
[WIU]
[XB1]

June's Results (estimates)
1. PS4 - 365K
2. XB1 - 297K
3. 3DS - 125K
4. WIU - 70K

June 2014 NPD thread
July 2014 NPD thread

NPD Prediction Thread Archive

Welfare

I miss Aqua's monthly release infographs. :(

Some games that came out at retail (going by Wiki)

Xbox One
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour - July 14

PS4
Godzilla: The Game - July 14
God of War III Remastered - July 14
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour - July 14

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos - July 21

Wii U
lol

3DS
lol

Again, that is going by Wiki, and only at retail.

RexNovis

Banned
[3DS] 91K
[PS4] 238k
[WIU] 53k
[XB1] 162K

I'm betting batman bundles will still give PS4 a minor bump but 4 weeks instead of 5 and lack of new releases means sales will be down across the board this month. We're there any trade in deals being offered at various retailers like in June?

Conduit

Banned
According to Amazon, PS4 Batman bundle sold well and still selling well and it is highly positioned on Amazon for whole July.

[PS4] 290k
[XB1] 180k
[WIU] 30k
[3DS] 60k

Javin98

Banned
[PS4] 235K
[XB1] 180K
[WIU] 50K
[3DS] 90K

Anyway, I think the gap between the PS4 and XB1 will be larger in July than most people think if Amazon is anything to go by. Then again, Amazon is not very accurate, so I'll be waiting for insight from Abdiel.

viHuGi

Banned
I´m new over here at Gaf, can i enter this? If yes here is my predictions:

[PS4] 280k
[XB1] 260k
[3DS] 110k
[WIU] 80k

Fat4all

Banned
Reserved for predictions later.

Anyway, I think the gap between the PS4 and XB1 will be larger in July than most people think if Amazon is anything to go by. Then again, Amazon is not very accurate, so I'll be waiting for insight from Abdiel.

Yeah, I expect numbers to be down for both by a good bit. I don't remember seeing any crazy trade offers, and Batman can't come out twice (well, unless you wanted the PC version).

I'm sure Hatoful Boyfriend pushed the PS4 over, tho.

Chobel

LOL, Chobel, do you really think the XB1 will lead July? Keep in mind that the PS4 probably still had momentum with the Batman AK bundle.

Not really sure about it. Xbox One lower price could give it the win this month.

Top Bottom