• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank O’Connor: "There is plenty of chance that Halo 5 could appear on the PC."

From DSOGaming.

As Frank O’Connor, Halo 5 franchise director, said when he was asked whether Halo 5 will come to the PC (head over at 1:13:00).

You know, Microsoft has made a huge commitment trying sort of… I think normalize the Windows experience across multiple platforms. You see the elements of Windows 10 are going to appear in Xbox and Cortana and stuff like that. There is plenty of chance that Halo 5 could appear on the PC. Nothing to announce at this point… you know, we developed the game on an Intel platform. It wouldn’t be the hardest thing in the world to move it to PC and take advantage of PC stuff. But nothing I announce today on this chat.

I doubt Microsoft will be interested in the idea though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah in 5 years when its irrelevant im sure it will

We've been hearing this horse shit for years. They dropped tons of hints about Master Chief Collection being on PC and...nothing.

I'll believe it when I see it at this point.

Caayn

If you do it, make it cross-play Stinkles! I would happely buy it again if that means that I can kick my friends ass in 4K @ 60fps.

By the way. Who's this Frank O'Connor guy the OP talks about?

''Frank O'Connor'' doesn't sound like a trustworthy name...

Why? It is similar to John Conner, they guy who will one day save us all from killer robots. Judging by name alone, this guy doesn't seem so bad. It isn't like anyone here on gaf has had any experiencing talking to the guy to find out.....right?

demolitio

Yea...Don't get my hopes up. That would save me a lot of money and would convince PC gamers you do somewhat care about them so it's not likely to happen.

We have the F2P Halo Online coming though, so maybe they're talking about calling that Halo 5 for PC gamers... :D

IaN_GAF

Dude is acting like it's some sort of natural anomaly that could occur when the right conditions are met.

This is a business decision, don't act like it's something else? "Yeah, no, it could! I'm not saying it will. But it could! Who knows! Sit perfectly still and we might even see one emerging from the woods looking for food!"

4RrpqHu.png

Just joking.
Please come to Steam as well

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Definitely wouldn't accept it without minimum 4K resolution, tessellated everything, and the engine updated to support full real time global illumination. MINIMUM STANDARDS.

Caayn

Dude is acting like it's some sort of natural anomaly that could occur when the right conditions are met.

This is a business decision, don't act like it's something else? "Yeah, no, it could! I'm not saying it will. But it could! Who knows! Sit perfectly still and we might even see one emerging from the woods looking for food!"
Of course it's a business decision. For the same reason that Sony exclusives don't appear on PC. They can make more by selling you a console with the game then just selling you the game.

Since the achitecture is now shared among PC and consoles, there's nothing, besides a business decision, holding devs back from putting their game on the PC.
http://i.imgur.com/4RrpqHu.png[IMG]
Just joking.
[SPOILER]Please come to Steam as well[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]Aahh, I can already see it happening. The shame shit as Always when a PC game doesn't launch on Steam.....

MS: Today we're happy to announce that H5 will be coming to PC!
PC gamer: But will it release on Steam?
MS: No, we'll be releasing it physically and via the Windows Store.
PC gamer: See MS doesn't care about PC. Fuck off MS.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I've always felt that Bungie tried their best to perfect the gameplay limitations of consoles when crafting Halo (continued by i343) and that a PC-version would undermine some of those game design decision. Not that I'd say "No thanks" to a PC-port, I'd buy it and play the hell out of it.

Dualshock 4 native support please Stinkles. And 8k dynamic resolution as well. And DX12 support, and support racing wheels for warthog controls. And gimme dat triple monitor Mission Impossible mode too while we're at it.

I've always felt that Bungie tried their best to perfect the gameplay limitations of consoles when crafting Halo (continued by i343) and that a PC-version would undermine some of those game design decision. Not that I'd say "No thanks" to a PC-port, I'd buy it and play the hell out of it.

Halo was made for Mac initially though. And then Xbox which was essentially an off the shelf PC.

bede-x

I'd get it day one, but it's not really needed. The One version already runs at 60fps, which is usually what I'd consider the biggest advantage of a PC port.

Well, Halo 1 and Halo 2 are on PC and they were pretty okay ports. Halo PC was pretty rad, even. What, specifically, would be undermined? I can't really think of anything.

Tryxx

No chance in hell. Halo 5 and gears 4 are what will sell the most consoles not a chance in hell they will do anything to stop that from happening.

I'd get it day one, but it's not really needed. The One version already runs at 60fps, which is usually what I'd consider the biggest advantage of a PC port.
It's needed for folks like me who hate shooters on gamepads after hundreds or thousands of hours in PC shooters with mouse and keyboard.

I like Frankie and know its not in his hands but the big guys at MS

Still, this will never happen, or if it does it will be years from now. Until then MS will keep telling us in all their press releases how they are "unifying" their platforms without actually doing it.

Sai-kun

Banned
Why would you even say this, Frankie. Just say it's not happening and don't even shine a small light of hope that it'll happen

This won't happen

Dualshock 4 native support please Stinkles. And 8k dynamic resolution as well. And DX12 support, and support racing wheels for warthog controls. And gimme dat triple monitor Mission Impossible mode too while we're at it.

You'll get a hard-capped resolution and framerate, minimal settings, native X1 controller support only, strictly locked to the Windows app store and you'll like it.

This to me sounds like a distinct possibility, why say it? Also what better way to show this newfound PC commitment with their biggest series. A year from now I thInk it'll happen.

Ogimachi

The graphics take a huge hit in order to achieve that, however. 60fps is usually the biggest difference, of course, but there are many advantages in a potential PC port.
Besides 60fps, a wider FOV is usually the biggest advantage/necessity in PC shooter for me, for example. H5's is extremely narrow.

Top Bottom