• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank O’Connor: "There is plenty of chance that Halo 5 could appear on the PC."

Lazaro

I had to stop visiting the X1 Reddit way back because they'd downvote me to shit anytime I'd imply that there was the slightest possibility of an X1 game going to PC.

Why any gamer would want to hold back good games from other gamers is beyond me.

I don't get that logic from Xbox Gamers. I recently fell back in love with Xbox and the idea of Microsoft Studio titles coming to Windows 10 with Xbox co-connectivity excites me.

I feel Xbox Gamers have little understanding on why the Xbox was created and what it's mission was initially supposed to be.

ANSWER: Promote Windows software adoption.

AHA-Lambda

Getting absolutely sick of MS constantly saying that they care about PC and still never giving us anything.

Thanks a lot we got Killer Instinct and a port of Gears 1 again (the only Gears on PC anyway) which isn't out yet. plus, no Halo and no Forza -_-

Halo 5 I understand (and also don't really care because it looks rubbish I reckon).

But the lack of Halo 3 makes no sense whatsoever

This isn't port begging. I just can't come up with a reason why it's not happened yet.

Bessy67

Getting absolutely sick of MS constantly saying that they care about PC and still never giving us anything.

Thanks a lot we got Killer Instinct and a port of Gears 1 again (the only Gears on PC anyway) which isn't out yet. plus, no Halo and no Forza -_-
I don't get why people expect to see MS's big guns on PC when an Xbox console still exists. I mean, you won't see Uncharted on PC while a Playstation console exists or Mario on PC while a Nintendo console exists...

I don't get why people expect to see MS's big guns on PC when an Xbox console still exists. I mean, you won't see Uncharted on PC while a Playstation console exists or Mario on PC while a Nintendo console exists...

I'd say most people don't expect anything but it can be grating when MS reps like Spenser suggest that they do have plans to support the Windows platform and want to bring the users what they want. At the same time coming up with excuses why this release or that won't make it. Just stating the truth behind the decisions, they want people to buy Xbox Ones and subscribe to Xbox Live and releasing on Windows does not help with those goals, would help.

This quote really doesn't fall into that same category. It's noncommittal and honest without the adding any bullshit excuses.

Shin-chan

If only there was some connection between Microsoft and Windows...

Tfault

Hmmm, lets see what Satya Nadella has to say

Further, in gaming, we’ve also seen an increase in active users as we extend our gaming experiences from the console to Windows 10 PCs

watdaeff4

I don't see they are expecting it. I see they are wishing/hoping for it. The desire is strong so it's coming off like it should be done.

Lazaro

Xbox is Microsoft
Microsoft is Windows
Xbox is Windows.
DirectX, Xinput, NT, everything from the software side on Xbox is Windows.

That's why PC Gamers expect games from Microsoft and why PC Gamers get pissed with Microsoft when they issue statements like 'renewed focus' on PC Gaming which turn out to be lies.

Microsoft had some cool PC Games and PC Hardware before the introduction of the original Xbox and it's sad watching Microsoft barely associate Windows as a proper gaming platform.

Imagine if Sony never published any of their IP's on the PS Vit... Hold on a sec...
Imagine if Nintendo never published any of their huge IP's on the 3DS, instead saying "Mario would never work on the 3DS because it's a totally different system with different controls compared to a Console."

PC is of course not a handheld but has more in common with the Xbox than a 3DS or PS Vita to a Wii U or PS4, Microsoft is shooting itself in the foot by not taking advantage of their own PC ecosystem properly.

Kezen

Banned

That's the general direction they're heading but it won't happen overnight. AAA titles will remain exclusive to the console for a while I reckon.

I don't care one bit about Halo so no disappointment for me.

LewieP

Perfectly plausible that he is referring to the Xbox App on Windows 10, people engaging with Xbox Live, Streaming games to Windows 10, viewing ahievements, and other such stuff that is peripheral to games but decidedly not playing games on a PC.

Certainly not what we actually want from them, but it would be consistent with their actions.

doesn't the xbox brand technically include Windows 10 now?

"Halo is Xbox" - Phil Spencer.

Until Halo is on PC in the same way as it is on Xbox, Xbox is not meaningfully on Windows 10.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Doesn't mean shit. They need to have something to sell their already failing console.

This meme needs to die. Xbone isn't failing. It sold pretty well. There's room for 2 consoles and one has to sell better. Doesn't mean everything else is a failure.

Top Bottom