• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank O’Connor: "There is plenty of chance that Halo 5 could appear on the PC."

Madness

They purposely wrote Xbox One Exclusive on the top of the game cover, so I doubt it. I think before Halo 5 they should release MCC for PC, so that those guys can at least get Halo 3, ODST and Halo 4 for the first time, see things like Forge etc. Never say never for Halo 5 though.

Hey, at least a PC version wouldn't have trouble running the game in splitscreen.
So yeah, even if there's a slight chance this version happens, and there's a slight chance I can couch coop it, I'm all for it.

ClearData

A port sounds like a great idea on paper. I don't know the economics of that decision though. It would show people that the commitment to Windows gaming talk is more than just talk. I'd love to see them go all in and bring MCC and Halo 5 over but that may be asking for the moon.

Were the Halo games that did make it over to PC any good? Didn't the first and second one get ported over?

Bl@de

I would be happy if MCC and Halo 5 come to PC. But I don't believe him. The only way I see it coming to PC is streaming from an Xbox One -.- It's Microsofts PC commitment.

Lazaro

1493.gif

A PC port would be great especially for Cross-Play CO-OP. I can't stand FPS Split-screen gameplay.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
We've been hearing this horse shit for years. They dropped tons of hints about Master Chief Collection being on PC and...nothing.

I'll believe it when I see it at this point.

Who dropped tons of hints? Steam added the game to their database and people decided to fool themselves.

Don't you guys start getting tired of this kind of word.
I bet it won't happen and then few years later you will see a interview that MS/343i talking about how Halo 6 "possibly" coming to PC.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
not going to happen because multiplayer Halo is never not going to be locked behind a Live subscription

Caayn

not going to happen because multiplayer Halo is never not going to be locked behind a Live subscription
The last Halo on PC, Halo 2 multiplayer on PC isn't behind a paywall. And neither are the spin-offs Halo games on PC.

MS is not bringing XBL Gold to PC.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
oh no, if this hypothetical port doesn't come to steam, what will I ever do? I couldn't live in a world like that.

If it doesn't come to steam, don't even bother microsoft! Kiss your hypothetical sale goodbye!!!!!

MUnited83

For you.
'Waaahhhhh, this game I want and probably hundreds of thousands of others shouldn't come because I can't buy it through a certain online storefront I'm accustomed to, waahhhhh'.

I'm sure many PC'ers would love it if exclusive console games came to PC in any form, let alone if it's steam, origin, Microsoft store, etc.
He was being sarcastic :p

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The last Halo on PC, Halo 2 multiplayer on PC isn't behind a paywall. And neither are the spin-offs Halo games on PC.

MS is not bringing XBL Gold to PC.

It isn't behind a paywall any more.

You realize that Games for Windows Live used to require a subscription for multiplayer just like XBL Gold, right?

People rejected this idea wholesale, so they made it free in 2008. If you notice, that's also when Microsoft's game releases for PC dropped off a damn cliff.

If Halo becomes a PC/Xbox IP, I won't have any need of buying an Xbox.
If they do that, Xbox is dead. Really. 80% of my friends buy an XBO to play Halo.

'Waaahhhhh, this game I want and probably hundreds of thousands of others shouldn't come because I can't buy it through a certain online storefront I'm accustomed to, waahhhhh'.

I'm sure many PC'ers would love it if exclusive console games came to PC in any form, let alone if it's steam, origin, Microsoft store, etc.

It was obviously sarcasm.

Is it too early to say Microsoft has shot themselves in the foot yet?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

You realize that Games for Windows Live used to require a subscription for multiplayer just like XBL Gold, right?

People rejected this idea wholesale, so they made it free in 2008. If you notice, that's also when Microsoft's game releases for PC dropped off a damn cliff.

Ironic, eh?

Man

I would be welcome to this as it's the first generation I don't own a Xbox (and with no plans to get one). I have a beefy Windows 10 computer (I7 6700K, GTX 980Ti).

From janitor to genie.

Damn, I apologize then. I didn't pick up on it, it's hard to know these days.

It's hard to tell sometimes especially with how negative/pessimistic people can be when it comes to videogames. I don't blame ya' for making the mistake.

Bring the original trilogy to PC first.

I know two of those games are already available (technically), but full Steam integration and mod support would be a god-send.

And I think Halo 3 coming to PC would be a HUGE deal. I could see it becoming one of Steam's most-played games. Would probably be incredibly easy to run, along with being supported by a guaranteed wealth of community-made content.

D3VI0US

I'd just be happy if Forge and Gametype Editing came to PC or Web or a Mobile App just as an alternative but the new Forge does look like fun.

Caayn

Don't worry, I'm fully aware of that.

Top Bottom