• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Halo is releasing on Windows 10 as part of new Xbox + Win10 initiative

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Probably not too shocking given some comments made lately.

Kotaku said:
The two consoles form part of a wider Microsoft strategy, codenamed “Project Helix” according to one source, to converge Xbox and Windows. For a while now Microsoft has been clear that they want their two prestige brands to work together, as they’ve announced big new exclusives like Gears of War 4 and Sea of Thieves for both Xbox One and PC. Developer sources have told us that Microsoft’s new mandate is to release future games–including the flagship Halo series–on both platforms. The recently-cancelled Fable Legends, which was playable across Windows 10 and Xbox One, was one of the first games to implement this strategy.
Source: http://kotaku.com/sources-smaller-xbox-one-coming-this-year-more-powerf-1778634446

Compsiox

Banned
PC GAMING MUSTERD RACE

Won't be buying the newest Xbox if every Xbox game is really coming to PC. Halo 5 is so amazing.

People want this but don't want the games to be UWP... which they will be.

Are people sure exactly that they want MS games on PC?

Lucifon

Probably a "Out now" E3 moment.

I just can't see this happening. The game was already such a shitshow mess on XB1 from a multiplayer / bug perspective, let alone when you factor in how fragmented the PC platform is. It just seems like another inevitable disaster and a huge pain in the backside to develop for fairly little gain.

ekim

I just can't see this happening. The game was already such a shitshow mess on XB1 from a multiplayer / bug perspective, let alone when you factor in how fragmented the PC platform is. It just seems like another inevitable disaster and a huge pain in the backside to develop for fairly little gain.

"Beta out now" then :p

Sjefen

cool, I am buying PS4 neo and already have a gaming rig. No need to buy any new hardware, my wife will be pleased.

Rest in pepperoni Xbone, I think now would be the perfect time to trade mine in and start saving up for a PS4 neo since Microsoft doesn't care about their own home console anymore.

Lucifon

Rest in pepperoni Xbone, I think now would be the perfect time to trade mine in and start saving up for a PS4 neo since Microsoft doesn't care about their own home console anymore.

Facepalm-Meme-04.png

FelipeMGM

So MS will soon have a XB1, a Xb1 Slim, a XB1.5 on the market but I can play all of their games on a PC? I dont really get it

Anyway. Master Chief Collection W10 version incoming @ E3

Welfare

Makes sense. If Halo 6 goes even more so into the games as a service model, having a Windows 10 version is needed for additional revenue avenues.

shanew21

Microsoft makes money on software. Margins on consoles are thin. The Xbox will still exist as a method to sell software. There is still a gigantic market of people who don't have a gaming PC and don't want one.

Caayn

You can only care about your own product if you ensure that another product of yours suffers because of it?

Top Bottom