• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya hints at Okami 2 and Bayonetta 3

Nibel

GC: …I preferred Bayonetta’s first haircut.

PR woman: [laughs]

HK: Then we will take that into account when we design her haircut when we start doing 3, if we ever make 3.

(The room is suddenly filled with gasps of shock, not just from us and the UK PR but also the other Microsoft and Platinum Games people.)

GC: Wha… what?! You can’t tease me like that!

(Widespread laughter)

GC: Are you thinking of doing 3?

HK: Of course we want to make 3.

GC: [meekly] OK.

HK: Why should it end at 2?

GC: I don’t think it should end at 2! Have you spoken to any publishers about this?

HK: No, but I’ve spent a lot of time thinking in my head what that game would be. I’ve got ideas in my head for Okami 2 as well.

Source (Metro)

I wouldn't call that a hint. Creator wants to make sequel to games he enjoyed making, thinks about it in his head. Surprise!

I wouldn't call that a hint. Creator wants to make sequel to games he enjoyed making, thinks about it in his head. Surprise!

Yeah, exactly. He literally says right in that quote he's not talked to publishers about it, and they can't do shit without Sega being on board anyway (for Bayonetta, I mean. I know Okami is Capcom).

Kouriozan

He wants to make those game because he wants his team to be hired by someone to make those :p
Okami 2 would be really amazing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
now that I think about it, Okami is the only Kamiya game with no "spiritual successor" right? DMC got Bayo, VJ got W101.

Neoxon

Bayonetta 3 wouldn't surprise me given the exposure the franchise is getting via Smash 4 & now PewDiePie, but another Okami game would be awesome!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
That'd be nice. But it's more of a wanton desire to make the games and not a hint that they are in development, as many others have already pointed out.

Think Nintendo would fund a new Okami this time around? It's very Zelda-like, I'm surprised they were not more interested in it before, considering their demographic.

Okami 2 could happen if bridges with Capcom haven't been completely burnt.

I don't see Bayonetta 3 happening. It didn't work for Nintendo the first time. It won't a second.

Top Bottom