• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya hints at Okami 2 and Bayonetta 3

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kamiya always talks about games he wants to make. Doesn't mean they're going to happen.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That's not "hinting." That's a guy saying he would make those games if there were an opportunity, which isn't particularly surprising nor should it alter anyone's expectations for the likelihood that it's going to happen.

Thabass

Hideki Kamiya ran a poll on his Twitter and asked what the fans wanted more. A new Okami game or another game (don't remember). Okami won.

So, I hope they make a real Okami sequel. It deserves it.

If Bayo 3 happens, I expect it'll be NX exclusive. Nintendo's involvement with 2 + Bayonetta's inclusion in Smash seems like it'd keep it as a lock as essentially a Nintendo IP.

Ydelnae

Yes Kamiya, give us afro Bayonetta for Bayo3

rC4NG4W.png

No, but Nintendo seems to be the only one willing to fund any Bayonetta games.

I'm not sure that's the case though now. Bayo 2 received high praise and Bayonetta seems to be at an all time high in popularity after being added to Smash. That said, it totally makes sense for it to be on a Nintendo platform if it's a multi-plat. I could also see Nintendo co-funding 3 again to keep it exclusive.

Kamiya's always talking about "wait for VJ3" on Twitter. Platinum's got the hustle and drive to make these games happen, it's just up to Capcom.

As for Bayo 3, surely that's a hot NX exclusive waiting to happen.

I can take or leave Bayo 3, but oh... the things I would do for Okami 2 (or 3, since Okamiden kind of is 2). Of course, both would be preferable!

To think of what an Okami sequel could look like on current-gen hardware... <3

For me Kamiya's masterpiece is Okami, no doubt. Not sure he could outdo himself with anything besides a follow-up, honestly.

Bulzeeb

in the hypothetical situation of Bayo 3 being a Nintendo exclusive again, do you think tell will be the same kind of breakdowns and tears as when 2 was announced? because if so it will be glorious for that reason alone

Oregano

in the hypothetical situation of Bayo 3 being a Nintendo exclusive again, do you think tell will be the same kind of breakdowns and tears as when 2 was announced? because if so it will be glorious for that reason alone

Expect a lot of "Ffs did they learn nothing? Enjoy bombing again!".

tcrunch

HK: Then we will take that into account when we design her haircut when we start doing 3, if we ever make 3.

(The room is suddenly filled with gasps of shock, not just from us and the UK PR but also the other Microsoft and Platinum Games people.)

lol

uHXzDac.jpg

Nibel

I just copied the title from the article and apparently not a single one of you clicked the link
wtzgU.gif

Should have written that he is interested in pursuing sequels to those titles

HardRojo

I wouldn't call that a hint. Creator wants to make sequel to games he enjoyed making, thinks about it in his head. Surprise!
Basically.
Kojima hints at Act 3 for MGSV.
Inafune hints at successful MegaMan spiritual sequel.
Neil Druckmann hints at Sony takeover.

Big Nikus

GC: …I preferred Bayonetta’s first haircut.

PR woman: [laughs]

HK: Then we will take that into account when we design her haircut when we start doing 3, if we ever make 3.

Oh no, please. I started to really like her style with 2.

ArjanN

I just copied the title from the article and apparently not a single one of you clicked the link
wtzgU.gif

Should have written that he is interested in pursuing sequels to those titles

Yeah, but the article title is clickbaity.
That said it's more than nothing.

Hope going forward their stuff is all multiplatform.

Top Bottom