• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya hints at Okami 2 and Bayonetta 3

Frodo

That's not "hinting." That's a guy saying he would make those games if there were an opportunity, which isn't particularly surprising nor should it alter anyone's expectations for the likelihood that it's going to happen.

Dunno, man... Remember when he mentioned he wanted to make Star Fox?

About Okami; he said it himself, it's just some ideas. Hopefully it becomes a reality down the road, but I honestly wouldn't get my hopes up for it. Even Bayo 3 is something to be cautious about. I mean, he clearly wants to make it, but it feels like he's being a tease moreso than anything else.

NateDrake

That's not a hint. He's just saying he would like to make a third game and has some ideas for the game, if it does ever happen.

Astral Dog

It didn't work to grow the userbase. Even people who bought a WiiU for Bayo, didn't really engage with the rest of Nintendos software output.

Bayo 3 is about as likely as W102.

i dont think a Bayonetta 3 is as unlikely as Wonderful 102, no way, that was easily the best recieved Nintendo collaboration with Platinum and generated some positive reception with Smash.

that said, they could just move on to other games too, with Iwata gone and if there are other ideas Nintendo could just put Platinum to work on something else, anyways, the story is done i dont see many ways to continue it.

Unit24

Good god, what a hilariously sensationalist thread. Okami 2 can't happen and Bayonetta 3 isn't confirmed one way or the other, and Kamiya didn't hint at either existing.

Okami > Bayonetta

Mmm. I don't know. I guess it depends on how you personally weigh the two, like, subgenres against each other - but Okami, while incredibly gorgeous, is still below the 3D Zelda games (flawed as some of them are) in several ways, while basically nothing cleanly beats out Bayonetta as the best 3D action game. I definitely think Kamiya is way, way better at making straight action games than adventure games; it's why I'm not quite as excited for Scalebound.

i-Jest

I would love Bayo 3 to happen but who would fund it? If Nintendo's willing to take the hit then I don't mind the third game being another exclusive. If that's the route they go then I hope Nintendo allows Kamiya to make his vision the way he wants like Kamiya did with Bayo 2.

As for Okami, that's a Capcom IP, and last I remember, Capcom and Platinum had some bad blood. So if kamiya's willing then Capcom is the only party holding back a new Okami from happening.

SalvaPot

Kamiya enters the room of Nintendo HQ.

Kamiya: Hey Nintendo, I want to make Okami 2.

Nintendo is looking over a file titled "TOP SECRET, DO NOT STEAL" with the Retro Studios logo on it. Without rising his eyes, he answers.

Nintendo: That game with the cute little doggo? Sure, we kinda need games for the NX. Go for it. We'll give you the money from the Bayonetta amiibo sales.

Kamiya: Yeah, so... there is a little problem.

Nintendo puts down the file, "Metroid Prime 4 NX" and gives a quick glance at the Gold Mario amiibo on his desk.

Nintendo: ...Hmm?

Kamiya: Capcom has the license.

Nintendo lets out a quick snort and goes back to his file, flipping a page with a brand new design for Skeleton Ridley. With a red marker, he writes a word. "Bigger".

Nintendo: Its fine, we are bros. The Blue Oni to our Red Oni. They even gave us Mega Man! Not that they are really using him, I mean, he is kind of ours now. I'll just give them a quick call and...

Kamiya clears his throat. This was very rude, and Nintendo raised an eyebrow, expecting to hear a good explanation. Kamiya is not intimidated.

Kamiya: I kinda told them to eat shit.

Nintendo lets his red marker down and, with a quick swift, stands up. With the sudden movement, the file drop to the floor. A sly smile now in his huge red logo of a face.

Nintendo: Who hasn't?

Nintendo let out a quick, snappy laugh. Kamiya moved in his spot a bit, between uncomfortable and relieved. Nintendo is so weird sometimes. But he smiled too.

Nintendo: I'll get that license for you.

Can we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 while we're at it?

God, please? Remaster 1 & 2 and give them as preorder bonuses for 3 or make a whole collection for $60 that includes all three or SOMETHING but it was meant to be a trilogy and it drives me crazy that it STILL has no conclusion nearly three generations later.

You'd think Nintendo would have funded that instead of Bayonetta given the series originated on their platform and it's probably a little more family friendly than Bayonetta.

bunkitz

Don't fucking tease me with Okami 2 unless it's really happening, you son of a bitch. Don't make me hope.

Ugh. Now I'm trying to imagine what the game's going to look like.

Remember me?

normal_Okamiden.png

Ganondorfo

Why Bayonetta 3? I think people first want a real Devil May Cry 5 starring Dante again (not the reboot from Ninja Theory). Ah okay, its from Platinumgames, they dont own the IP. Still I dont know if people will be excited for a new Bayonetta, even though the first 2 games are amazing.

About Okami, that would work with the style of graphics, because the new Zelda has a cool arstyle that reminds me of Okami.

Top Bottom