• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya hints at Okami 2 and Bayonetta 3

Neoxon

I don't see Bayonetta 3 happening. It didn't work for Nintendo the first time. It won't a second.
There have been reports of Bayonetta 2 finally hitting a million, though I'm not sure about the validity of said reports. That aside, the franchise has received a ton of exposure thanks to Smash 4 & PewDiePie (as mentioned in the previous page of this thread), so Bayonetta 3 would likely receive more hype & more sales.

Shiggy

There have been reports of Bayonetta 2 finally hitting a million, though I'm not sure about the validity of said reports. That aside, the franchise has received a ton of exposure thanks to Smash 4 & PewDiePie (as mentioned in the previous page of this thread), so Bayonetta 3 would likely receive more hype & more sales.

It was a huge flop, the game ended up in bargain bins incredibly fast.

It was a huge flop, the game ended up in bargain bins incredibly fast.

Pretty sure the first print completely sold out globally and is now worth a pretty penny... And didn't it take two years for the more affordable Nintendo Selects version because the original sold out all over the world... These stupid facts are getting in the way of your argument...

Okami 2 could happen if bridges with Capcom haven't been completely burnt.

I don't see Bayonetta 3 happening. It didn't work for Nintendo the first time. It won't a second.
Not sure how you know it didn't work for Nintendo. It seemed like it worked for such a small user base. Plus they got Bayonetta in Smash. Looks like it was a success.

I'd honestly be a little surprised if Nintendo didn't get Bayo 3 for the NX after the reception 2 got, and especially after seeing she was popular enough to put in Smash.

It's just a good way to get some core gamers to invest in the platform (and then buy some other games).

Didn't Bayonetta 2 on Wii U sell relatively well in comparison to the first? A third would be amazing! Day one for whichever console it releases on!

A second Okami trilogy too would make me very happy!

Bayonetta is now in Smash and has an Amiibo.

Also in the US the original release of Bayonetta sold out with it only dropping to $45 at some Gamestops in store.

Nintendo actually rereleased the game early this year along with her debuting in Smash.

I can definitely see Bayonetta 3 happening.

Give me both please!

lip_licker.gif

Nintendo should really think about approaching Sega for Bayonetta 3. The games, while crazy, are "mature", fast-paced action-games, and that's something that is pretty much missing in Nintendo's portfolio of IPs.

Might not be successful, maybe more successful now due to Smash and some of the efforts Nintendo did for Bayonetta 2, but it adds to the library.

Not sure how you know it didn't work for Nintendo. It seemed like it worked for such a small user base. Plus they got Bayonetta in Smash. Looks like it was a success.

It didn't work to grow the userbase. Even people who bought a WiiU for Bayo, didn't really engage with the rest of Nintendos software output.

Bayo 3 is about as likely as W102.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I would like (as I'm sure do the dozens of other W101 fans around here!!) a more polished and refined Wonderful 102 tbqh. I see a lot of potential in the battle system and in the game's core mechanics. But the game could definitely have used a bit more time, more budget, some tough decisions and general polish. I see a lot of unfulfilled potential in the ideas behind the game. We know he had to make a lot of huge changes to the basic game mechanics very, very late in the development progress, and I'm sure with some time and some thinking we could get a sequel that would improve the series.

HK: No, but I’ve spent a lot of time thinking in my head what that game would be. I’ve got ideas in my head for Okami 2 as well.

And that's where they'll remain, unless a publisher wants another flop on their hands.

I could easily see Bayonetta 3 happening. 1 and 2 might not have been an explosive success, but they probably didn't cost an arm and a leg either.

Okami, though? I get the feeling Capcom's management holds grudges.

I wouldn't call that a hint, but good lawd I would love a Bayo 3, especially with Kamiya back at the helm. Not that 2 wasn't exceptionally good. I just feel like maybe Kamiya would feel he had something to prove simply because 2 was so damn good.

Okami 2? Something would have to be very different. I don't think I got more than 8-10 hours in. Definitely my least favorite Kamiya game.

Okami 2 is one of the few games that would get me to buy a new console. Can only imagine how fantastic it would look on current gen hardware....

Eolz

Both NX exclusives sequels confirmed.

Can't imagine what it's like to be in PR and have to work woth Kamiya lol

Top Bottom