• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Anyone else get stuck on 90% with file transfer preparing screen

Ibuki

Banned
Did anyone just decide to start from scratch instead of restoring a backup?

I don't really want to wait until tomorrow to use it...

PS4 Pro has sound coming from my TV but a black screen. Tried using multiple ports and multiple HDMI and it's still not working. Anyone else having this problem?
Boot into safe mode and set the resolution to 1080p its not detecting the 4k signal its been a common issue today.

breakfuss

Did anyone just decide to start from scratch instead of restoring a backup?

I don't really want to wait until tomorrow to use it...

Do some of you just have massive HDDs? I transferred a little over 360GB in about an hour. Now I'm thinking I did something wrong. Maybe I should go check to see if everything actually copied.

TGO

It can hang on 90% for a while, it finishes soon though. Just wait!
Thanks I removed everything but PT and captures
I just dread The Witcher 3 updates and MWR download
The rest is on discs so it should be pretty quick once this moves off 90%

j0hnnix

Amazon delivered as promised. Got mine at 1pm est. I moved my Og ps4 to my home office and running the restore(381GB) it's taken about an hour and a half. I have TF2 ready to play and ROTR on its way tomorrow :) really exited. No issues connecting with my Vizio M.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Ok after checking out the screenshot in this thread I decided to fire up Paragon on the PS4 pro. I have been playing this game on and off since beta and if this is an example of that is possible just pushing everything up in 1080p then good lord. Everything is crystal clear the framerate seems smoother and there are added effects everywhere. Game is simply beautiful now.

Drewfonse

Amazon delivered as promised. Got mine at 1pm est. I moved my Og ps4 to my home office and running the restore(381GB) it's taken about an hour and a half. I have TF2 ready to play and ROTR on its way tomorrow :) really exited. No issues connecting with my Vizio M.

That TF2. So freaking sharp looking. And I may be imagining things, but using the wired USB made everything even more responsive. So good.

Ibuki

Banned
Do some of you just have massive HDDs? I transferred a little over 360GB in about an hour. Now I'm thinking I did something wrong. Maybe I should go check to see if everything actually copied.

Mine is about the same, so if it really only takes 1 hour I will do the transfer. I am seeing people reporting like 4 hour waits.

JohngPR

Picked mine up from Best Buy but before that traded in some stuff and was able to pick up Dishonored 2 and $80 worth of PSN cards.

Also sold my old PS4 for 175 bucks to a friend so I cleaned it up and took out my 2 TB drive from it and replaced it with the one terabyte drive from the pro.

After finishing all be back up/deactivating/restoring on my original, I'm now 17 minutes away from The pro being done with restoring on my 2TB drive. :D

The UI is definitely 4K. It's insanely rich and pops. Now the long wait for my downloads to finish. I'll record some raw video once everything's downloaded to the SSD.

The resolution and image quality is definitely a step up for patched games.
I can't wait to see what future games look like taking advantage of the hardware.

R&C looks astounding.
R_C.jpg

This is also jpeg will upload some png shots later

buenoblue

Went to pick up my ps4 pro from argos in uk and it's not there till tommorow. Downer. Ah well my ks7000 is not here till Saturday anyway. One question, I'm keeping my og ps4 for the bedroom so my other half can play singstar and stuff, which ps4 is best as primary. Pro in living room or og ps4 in bedroom.

Had to delete several games and captures to get my original ps4 hd under 1TB so can someone please tell me where I can see a list of everything I've ever had on my ps4?

I thought it used to be in the Library but it doesn't look like it is?

Went to pick up my ps4 pro from argos in uk and it's not there till tommorow. Downer. Ah well my ks7000 is not here till Saturday anyway. One question, I'm keeping my og ps4 for the bedroom so my other half can play singstar and stuff, which ps4 is best as primary. Pro in living room or og ps4 in bedroom.

Where ever the ks7000 is the ps pro should follow

If you and your S/O watch any streaming services PS pro also makes sense in living room as the streaming apps support 4k.

Wow gotta say the console looks a million times better in person than it does in screenshots/videos. Just doing the transfer now, going to play some Uncharted/Ratchet while Dishonored's big patch is downloading once it's done.

j0hnnix

That TF2. So freaking sharp looking. And I may be imagining things, but using the wired USB made everything even more responsive. So good.

Excited!

I do have a random question anyone tried GG ARE Revelator,Would it upscale? Or is there a patch coming maybe?

So there's no limit to deactivating/activating primary PS4s locally, right? The Sony website doesn't mention one and there's only a 6 month duration through the website/mass deactivation.

N30RYU

It's me or there's no PRO to be seen on the PRO... just got it a few hours ago... and since I turned it on... I expected to see PS4 PRO spansh screen or logo somewhere... and now I just feel like playing my old fat PS4...

DOWN

Banned
Mine was delivered. Guess this is as good of a time as any to jump into Hitman. What is my best option? Complete First Season?
Honestly, I think full season is the way to go. The thing has stellar reviews, but if you are skeptical you can start with Paris and buy the rest after. It will cost you a little extra to buy separate episodes though.

test_account

XP-39C²
When i try to transfer from my old PS4 to PS4 Pro, it wont find my old PS4. I've tried to connect LAN cable directly between the two units and i've tried using a switch/hub as well, still cant find it. Any idea what might be wrong? Both PS4 are of course running.

It's me or there's no PRO to be seen on the PRO... just got it a few hours ago... and since I turned it on... I expected to see PS4 PRO spansh screen or logo somewhere... and now I just feel like playing my old fat PS4...
It's all the same as base PS4, even the UI. Only difference is 4K support. Sony is serious about this being just another addition to the same family.

TGO

My God, still at 90% and this is just preparing
The estimate was only 11 minutes, it took longer on 90% alone

Strakt

Anyone here using a samsung 4k? It seems like UHD is only supported on HDMI 1? HDMI 2 and 3 are greyed out. Does this mean I plug in my ps4 to HDMI 1, and leave my cable box HDMI in port 2? Not sure if only one port supports HDR, etc.

Honestly, I think full season is the way to go. The thing has stellar reviews, but if you are skeptical you can start with Paris and buy the rest after. It will cost you a little extra to buy separate episodes though.

I love Hitman so not too concerned about jumping in the deep end. I seem to recall it being a little more complicated, but it looks like those are really the two options now so I'll grab it in one go. Thanks.

M.W.

Anyone here using a samsung 4k? It seems like UHD is only supported on HDMI 1? HDMI 2 and 3 are greyed out. Does this mean I plug in my ps4 to HDMI 1, and leave my cable box HDMI in port 2? Not sure if only one port supports HDR, etc.

I think only one port will support HDR unless it's a Samsung SUHD

zedge

What model? If its the 6300/6290 only HDMI 1 supports and HDR input.

Quonny

Uh, I can't boot into safe mode. I can't see anything because it boots normally in 4K. When I try to go into safe mode, nothing happens. It just flashes white.

Cool.

DSmalls84

Anyone else have a Samsung JS8500? My video output says HDR is not supported by my tv but everything I have read says it is. Any help is appreciated.

Top Bottom