• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix, please fix World of Final Fantasy on the Playstation 4 Pro.

Dawg

Decided to make this thread to shine some more light on this issue most of us are having. Basically, the game looks worse on the Pro compared to the regular PS4. Characters are very blurry and low quality. This mainly happens to people with a 1080p tv but I've seen 4K users complain too.

From the OT:

Yep - this looks like dogshit on Pro at the moment. My first pro disappointment. I spotted it straight away. Loads of aliasing and the depth of field and blur in some scenes is way off.

I fired it up on my old system to check and yep - it was fine there on the same 1080p TV. Maybe it looks okay on a 4K screen?

Anyway I came with screenshots from both systems -

Standard PS4 with 1.01 patch -

rDow42Z.jpg

ZjgOrqm.jpg

j3uE3sy.jpg

PS4 Pro with 1.01 patch - Screenshots set to 1080p to match standard - I have 4K screenies too - they look like crap too!

6nVIerF.jpg

uePazhB.jpg

4ESRC7z.jpg

The aliasing at high contrast edges looks real bad and Tama is almost blurred out of existence. Please fix for the love of god Square Enix.

I know the Pro only just released but I hope Square will acknowledge this issue and fix it. Apparently, the "Pro patch" is the cause. Uninstalling it would make the game look like normal again on a Pro but I haven't tested it yet myself.

For now, it's just a huge bummer since I'm used to the "better version" on my standard PS4 and I simply can't continue playing. The blurry mess is too obvious while playing.

Yeah I was finishing up the game last night on Pro, and it's a blurry mess. Even experienced freezes at Icicle Ridge.

...I just realized how interesting that is.

Wow, those are very very very apparent downgrade lol, this is insane! You should contact their customer support, not do a thread here actually.

Wait, didn't Bethesda also fucked up Skyrim Pro patch?

Is there anything else other than these two?

Is it really that easy for the devs to apply these patches?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wait, didn't Bethesda also fucked up Skyrim Pro patch?

Is there anything else other than these two?

Is it really that easy for the devs to apply these patches?

Fucking up patches is nothing new, I just hope the pipeline for multi-spec releases gets refined so this happens less.

Square Enix's PC record shows this should be no surprise though...

Gaffi

Wierd, I was playing on an older tv last night and thought that was the reason. When did the pro patch go live? I was under the assumption that it hadn't launched yet and I don't remember seeing one download last night.

bones123

Dang... I played the demo on my OG PS4, but traded it in to get the Pro yesterday and wound up picking up the full game. Maybe I'll hold off on starting it until they release a new patch.

Shahed

I'm still playing this game and was planning on buying a Pro afterwards. But there was a few times I regretted not gettjng the Pro already. Glad I waited. Square should fix this

Ya it sucks. Still playing through the game myself and will probably just put it on hold till they fix these issues, which is ok I guess, not like I don't have a bunch of other stuff to play. Just hope they fix it soon, I'm pretty close to finishing it so I'd like to sooner rather than later.

Dawg

Wierd, I was playing on an older tv last night and thought that was the reason. When did the pro patch go live? I was under the assumption that it hadn't launched yet and I don't remember seeing one download last night.

Apparently the "Pro optimisation" was already included in the 1.01 patch. Not 100% sure if correct but makes sense considering deleting it allegedly makes it look normal again on Pro.

I have a pro
I didn't buy WOF
But I will post here

you have my sword (I think we should all hit their tweeter account ASAP)

Tweeter LINK please ! ( I usually get confused with all these unofficial links)

Macrotus

I wonder what the reason is. I thought making a game compatible with the Pro was fairly easy. Didn't Mark Cerny say something like that?

But I've read in another thread that TLOU is also having issues.

Quonny

Really feels like some of these companies are just shoving out a Pro patch just so they can get the marketing push and featured in blogs that list the games that are Pro enabled.

I don't think this will be become a trend.

Mrbob

Awful..don't own this game yet but going to get it. Can you turn off automatic updates on games individually? I'll just not patch it.

Gaffi

Well I only heard about the fact that it was getting a pro patch at all just yesterday from the Nova Crystalis article that went up. I'm not home to check atm but did the 1.01 patch explicitly say stuff about pro?

Pandacon

This is disappointing since I'm loving the game, but I'll just continue playing it on my PS4 Amateur since I plan on keeping it anyhow.

SOLDIER

Is this the result of the Pro patch, or is this how it looks even without it?

If it's the patch, can you rollback and play without it?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
yes, the "fix" is deleting the data and blocking the patch from downloading.

im personally gonna wait for a fixed version tho.

Luigi87

This is heart breaking. WoFF is such a pretty game. It really does look amazing on PS4 and the lighting is fantastic.

Was considering getting a Pro today, but I'm at the last chapter of the game and I don't want to finish it in a blurry mess.

Simo

What the honk!!

Well that sucks. I was hoping to put more time into the game over the next 2 weeks to wrap it up before FFXV but yeah I'm not touching it until it's fixed. I don't even recall downloading a Pro patch for the game?

burgerdog

It looks horrible, I was excited to boot it up on pro last night and as soon as the game loaded I was laughing my ass off. Looks ridiculously bad, they never even bothered to see how the game looked after the patch. Hilarious stuff.

Abdiel

It's really weird. Like it causes some kind of depth of field issues or blurring. I imagine it's not a very complicated thing, but it's odd to say the least.

Tohsaka

Yeah, I noticed that too when I booted it up last night just to check. I already finished the game at least, won't bother playing it again until they fix it though.

Glad I got the platinum for this game a day before trading in my OG PS4 for a Pro. The game is a blurry unplayable mess on the Pro. Not sure who was drunk when they created that patch.

kennyamr

What the honk!!

Well that sucks. I was hoping to put more time into the game over the next 2 weeks to wrap it up before FFXV but yeah I'm not touching it until it's fixed. I don't even recall downloading a Pro patch for the game?

dude!!

AgeEighty

What the honk!!

Holy mom bombs!

It looks like a glitch with the depth of field filter showing up in places where it shouldn't.

I had an issue like that show up whenever I fought a pair of Red Dragons. When they first appeared they'd be all blurry, and then the filter would blink away.

Hopefully the actual Pro patch should fix this.

Top Bottom