• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix, please fix World of Final Fantasy on the Playstation 4 Pro.

burgerdog

Holy mom bombs!

It looks like a glitch with the depth of field filter showing up in places where it shouldn't.

I had an issue like that show up whenever I fought a pair of Red Dragons. When they first appeared they'd be all blurry, and then the filter would blink away.

Hopefully the actual Pro patch should fix this.

This is the actual pro patch. That's why deleting the update makes the game look like it does on a regular ps4.

VertPin

Wow, that looks bad. I have the Pro, and this game. I'm undecided if I want to return the game back to Amazon, as I have it still sealed up. Is the game good, GAF?

basefree

I just got a pro and this is the main game that I'm currently playing... can I just delete the patch to have it work the way it used to? Would this mess up game saves? Anyone tried it?

eXistor

Wow, that looks bad. I have the Pro, and this game. I'm undecided if I want to return the game back to Amazon, as I have it still sealed up. Is the game good, GAF?
If you're a fan of Final Fantasy in general, yes. It's very charming, doesn't take itself seriously and is just a lot of fun to play. It does suck that the Pro has these issues though, I wonder if you could just not download the patch and maybe it'll look better? Thankfully I was almost done with the game when I switched to the Pro, but it's still very noticable.

HeeHo

I hope they get on this patch. I wanted to beat WoFF before FFXV. Aside from that I was really enjoying the game!!

Kyle

I never owned a PS4 and decided to pick up a Pro today- glancing over this thread made me not pick up the game.

However after further reading I am glad to see you can just delete the patch though. I'll probably pick up the game tomorrow since you can do that. Will it try to re-download or anything dumb?

Ichisuke

Neo Member
You cannot delete patches from PS4 games. You have to delete the entire game installation. Also if you bought the digital version of the game it will probably redownload the game already patched(didn't try since I have the digital version)... So who bought retail just have to avoid downloading the update again.

pahamrick

You cannot delete patches from PS4 games. You have to delete the entire game installation. Also if you bought the digital version of the game it will probably redownload the game already patched(didn't try since I have the digital version)... So who bought retail just have to avoid downloading the update again.

It downloaded the game already patched for me when I downloaded it onto my Pro. Disappointing as I was looking forward to playing it, but the blur is really terrible.

Narroo

That was quick!

We were expecting the move to iterative consoles to cause compatibility issues like this, were you need to cross check your desired game with you current platform, but I don't think anyone was expecting anything this quickly.

Crud like this is a good chunk of why many people out there hated the idea of the Scorpio and Pro.

That was quick!

We were expecting the move to iterative consoles to cause compatibility issues like this, were you need to cross check your desired game with you current platform, but I don't think anyone was expecting anything this quickly.

Crud like this is a good chunk of why many people out there hated the idea of the Scorpio and Pro.
It's not a compatibility issue. It's a buggy patch.

That was quick!

Nah, the game was updated to support PS4 Pro, it's not the case of having a game on PC or an iPhone that gets broken on newer hardware/newer software.

Narroo

It's not a compatibility issue. It's a buggy patch.

Nah, the game was updated to support PS4 Pro, it's not the case of having a game on PC or an iPhone that gets broken on newer hardware/newer software.

Maybe compatibility is the wrong word then. What I'm getting at is the issue of added complexity causing strange glitches on different platform versions, causing players to have to beware of what platform they're using. Yeah, it's a patch, but this is still the kind of issue that consoles are supposed to avoid.

Do we have any official acknowledgement of the Pro problems from Square at all? Because this is just blegh...

worldoffinalfantasy_2pqbu0.png

Maybe compatibility is the wrong word then. What I'm getting at is the issue of added complexity causing strange glitches on different platform versions, causing players to have to beware of what platform they're using. Yeah, it's a patch, but this is still the kind of issue that consoles are supposed to avoid.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I was worried myself when Digital Foundry found out most developers were allocating one or two members of staff to Pro compatibility, while that's going to be enough for some projects you can imagine it won't be for others, and it could be an afterthought for some games were Pro isn't a priority. I guess QC would be stretched thinner too.

Because console games never have bugs, especially around hardware launches.

Devs haven't had the dev kits for that long and mistakes happen, they'll get used to it.

Kyle

I just want to play the game without the issue- I can do that by deleting whatever it puts onto my console right? Sorry for the confusion obviously I am a new PS4 owner so I am not savvy to how to installs stuff and what not.

By changing resolution to 1080p (in PS4 Pro parameters), does it fix the issue ?

No. It will still be rendered the same way. I'm assuming they have raised the resolution and the dof broke because of it. Or if they are using checkerboard rendering and the dof gets smeared out or something like that.

Reveirg

I'm transferring all my PS4 data to my new PS4 pro later today. Is there any way to prevent the system to install the World of FF update?

kromeo

I'm transferring all my PS4 data to my new PS4 pro later today. Is there any way to prevent the system to install the World of FF update?

If you've got the digital version then no. If it's disk then just delete the game data before you transfer across and turn auto updates off until you're done with the game

Yeah, I might have to resort to uninstalling it and turning updates off.

It has the same issue that FF Zero's camera had, all of that blur makes me dizzy.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Even on my 720p TV it looks very noticeably worse. There are jaggies that weren't there before, and the backgrounds are blurry. Some shots are absolutely terrible, with the entire background just being a smudge, but usually it's just a slight blur. It definitely hurt my experience though. Played the last dungeons and saw the endings like this. Wish I finished that before switching to pro so I'd just be grinding in it.

Ichisuke

Neo Member
It made me laugh that I've bought the PS4 version as soon as I bought the PS4 Pro.... the game was running fine then the update came out the next day.... (I have the digital version so I cannot install it without update)
I was playing it on Vita but the terrible aliasing, frame rate and sluggish menu changed my mind... going back to Vita version now x'D

Shoeless

I've still go my original PS4 hooked up to the other TV in another room. Guess I'll keep playing it on that unit for now.

Kremzeek

Malick[AI];224414220 said:
Yeah, I might have to resort to uninstalling it and turning updates off.

Yeah I'm going to have to do that, because I paused the patch download when I reinstalled it but noticed when I woke it up from rest mode this morning that it continued and installed the patch anyway- oof!

Link_enfant

What is the patch supposed to do in the first place?
Do we even have a framerate improvement on Pro?
The demo really made me wonder why this game isn't 60fps even on regular PS4.

Still no acknowledgement from the devs? I want to buy a PS Pro and this is one of my most anticipated games.

I think devs have to pay to publish patches on console (I heard the Sonic Racing Transformed devs mention it as a reason for why the PC has had more patches). I wonder if this still applies to PS4, and whether or not it applies to rolling back patches. Because simply rolling back the patch seems like a good enough temporary fix, at least...

Dropline

Neo Member
For what it's worth, I've just e-mailed SE support about this problem, I will let you know if I have an answer.

Considering it took MONTHS for Square to fix the PS4's music issue on FF X/X-2, I'm not optimistic.

Final Fantasy Type-0's blurring issues took months to fix. Final Fantasy VII's music issues still haven't been fixed. Final Fantasy XII's _______ issues don't exist yet.

2017 is going to be a hell of a year for patches.

Top Bottom