• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men of GAF, what are your thoughts on women who strength train?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in the curvy/fit thread, a lot of men say they would like a fit woman partner but then when she starts lifting weights and gets stronger than him, more often than not they start to panic and feel immaculated for whatever reason. I lift weights two to three times a week at my gym. I mostly concentrate my training on low body, so let's of squats and deadlifts. I also bench press, and other typical strength training. I've been doing for a while now and took in my first training partner. We've been working together for about 7 months and she can now deadlift 120 pounds. Her boyfriend didn't like this and thinks she's "too" fit when one of the main reasons she originally got his interest was her physique and interest in exercise and health. He ended up breaking up with her. This hasn't stopped her from continuing to lift iron. On the other hand, my bf isn't phase by it and lifts with us when we can and likes that I've embraced lifting. Right now we're bulking together as the holiday season is perfect for it.

What do men of gaf think?

For the record, I'm not talking about bodybuilders like Chyna or anything.

2bbde28bb8c378c38682eb6371a19b3b.jpg

12499720_f520.jpg

58474bb585173655b696d20edfb09b23.jpg

Women+with+big+strong+thighs+are+hawt+and+no+one+_492d604176cb0cdcf09d8d36a0f4c5b5.jpg

I know fitgaf is an ally here but I'd like to know what other men on gaf think. Is there a point where a woman's lifting makes you feel uncomfortable?

It might feel a little weird if they were like a bodybuilder or something but ultimately up to them.

I've tried to talk my girlfriend into doing push-ups a few times because she can't do them at all right now, I feel like it's good to have some strength ready in case you need it to move boxes or whatever.

Not really. I think that a woman's body is her business and if I look at her and get salty it's because I'm the chubby motherfucker with the gym membership, personal trainer and haven't been in weeks.

Here we have women putting in the work and it's awesome, and for some reason that work just isn't clicking with me - but I want it to.

So basically good for them.

Air

Banned
I can do well defined and even muscular, but I don't think it's attractive if they're ripped and have a low body fat %. The pics in the op are fine for me though.

Squalor

I could not care less if a woman lifted.

However, I have a limit for muscularity, and at a point, the muscles are far too big, and there is "too much" definition, and it begins to look grotesque.

This goes for men and women.

I do not find body builders attractive.

TheYanger

Sexy as fuck. They should do what they want, but my opinion purely as an observer? Yaaaaas.

However, I have a limit for muscularity, and at a point, the muscles are far too big, and there is "too much" definition, and it begins to look grotesque.

Given the pics the OP posted I didn't assume we were going that far, plus it even says not like chyna etc (which isn't even that burly, She was, but not her level of musculature imo). I mean at the point you're talking I think anyone looks a bit gross, man or woman.

entremet

Unless they're on PEDs, that should not be a problem. Women simply don't have the enough free testestorene to build that much lean mass naturally.

I don't like the look of muscles on women, I don't care if they are strong or not toned is fine but defined musculature is too much for me.

My girlfriend is trying to reach megsquats levels of gains. Go for it babe. She's not too far off, just taller and less manly hands.

I feel like it's cool, I don't see why anyone would have an issue.

Now youtubers that compete in bikini competitions are content creators I don't enjoy watching and I don't think I would want to be with them. They put their bodies through a lot and I am personally against what is considered best practices for them to achieve their best results.

Shredderi

I don't find it especially attractive but I don't see anything wrong with. Are you a girl and do you want to lift weights? Who gives a shit what I think? You do you.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Squalor

Unless they're on PEDs, that should not be a problem. Women simply don't have the enough free testestorene to build that much lean mass naturally.
Well, I suppose I have seen a lot of women on performance enhancers.

Their business, of course.

Ecto311

Not a fan at all. Don't like fat either but a nice middle leaning fit type is perfect to me. I like a tad bit of squish and body builder ladies have weird boobs or none. Being a boob man I can't get behind my kids starving because mom is benchpressing a car. The animal brain in me just doesn't function when there is too much muscle.

On board. For huge bodybuilders in general whether man or woman I dislike though. When you start having limited movement range because you're so big, I'm out.

I don't know. It's good. I think I prefer fit, but not as muscular as in the pics (feels too masculine for me), but it's fine really. I think it's cool, if anything.

Phased

Do people really have an issue with this?

For me personally I enjoy a more feminine figure and muscled girls bring a bit too much of the male form to do anything for me but I don't really care if a girl can bench more than me, who gives a damn.

Well considering that I actively take my female friends to go strength train with me I must not mind too much.

Honestly though I'm all for it. If it makes them feel good and they enjoy it then I say go ahead and train all you want.

LionPride

Banned
I would have zero issue dating someone who got stronger than me if she worked out. I'm competitive as hell though, especially when it comes to exercise and would likely use her as motivation to match her strength.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
In general: I have no thoughts, as it doesn't affect me.

When I see very fit women in person: HNNNNNNG

I think too much can be unaesthetically pleasing (same for men who do too much). My too much is subjective, however. I'd have to see a photo of the OP to determine whether I think it's too much or not for my tastes.

With that said, though. Even if i dislike it aesthetically to some extent, i want my gf to strength train. It's good to have strength in case you need it. But i do feel there's a happy medium of strength and flab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom