• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men of GAF, what are your thoughts on women who strength train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikki

They're cool, let 'me do what they like. I get that the dudes may feel insecure about it, but they have to get over it. It's not about them.

She's a GAFer's wife? Wow.

78445-airplane-movie-pilot-sweating-Hc3R.gif

Az987

all good things
As a rule of thumb, she can't have better abs than me.

Seriously though, I've never had a girlfriend who exercises very much. Most don't at all. It would probably be fun because of how much I do.

norm9

Every woman I've dated has been in more shape than me. One in particular had great bicep game. I'm impressed and jealous.

forrest

formerly nacire
Based on the pictures in the OP...

watermeloneating.gif

It takes all kinds. As a married man, I support my wife in all decisions she makes regarding her physical appearance.

You wanna wear high tops? Get it!

You want a pink Mohawk? Get it!

You wanna go diesel in the gym? Get it!

You wanna lift at a competitive level? Natural only!

I wouldn't support steroid use, but I would proudly stand next to my wife if she wanted to get next level big.

Violet_0

Banned
I don't find that body type particularly attractive, but I don't have to find every body type attractive and that's okay. Most people don't care about what I find attractive and that's okay too

Maximo

The last picture you posted is alittle off putting to me (no judgement look however you want) but have tried to get my SO into light strength training, think guys should but their insecurity to the side strength training has a ton of benefits for women too

They are cool with me. You can be strong without being super-muscular and lean.

untitled-919puxv.gif

Good example.

Madness

...but then when she starts lifting weights and gets stronger than him, more often than not they start to panic and feel immaculated for whatever reason.

Who would feel emasculated by THEIR girlfriend being strong, physically fit, and with great lean muscle mass? Have you ever seen the top bikini or fitness models? Or the women who are at the gym? Also, if you both go to the gym, you would be immensely proud if your girl was hitting high lift numbers.

Also, Female bodybuilders are different because at the top levels, they inject male steroids like testosterone and suppress their own estrogen and female hormones, this causes their massive musculature increase, their more androgynous voice and appearance, even hair loss or hair growth on the face.

Anyone who feels embarassed at their girl lifting or being fit or strong is an idiot.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I'll just come out and say I want to be held down an milked by one of these women.

Cipherr

A dude broke up with his lady over her getting in shape? I mean, people break up for petty shit all the time, but damn, that's a new one to add to the list.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Unless they're on PEDs, that should not be a problem. Women simply don't have the enough free testestorene to build that much lean mass naturally.

Agreed.

They also don't naturally maintain low body fat like men can. Weak androgens like oxandrolone (anavar) are very popular among female fitness models, crossfit, and athletes. The side effects are minimal like oily skin, acne, and a delay or loss of their period. Two of the example pictures in the OP stick out as being on some kind of enhancer.

Not

Banned
Like, am I attracted to it? Yeah. But who gives a shit

Women looking however they want to look sounds great to me

Keihart

I don't mind, i really don't have any complex about being superior to womans in any way, Besides, those girls on the OP look hot as hell.

Agreed.

They also don't naturally maintain low body fat like men can. Weak androgens like oxandrolone (anavar) are very popular among female fitness models, crossfit, and athletes. The side effects are minimal like oily skin, acne, and a delay or loss of their period. Two of the example pictures in the OP stick out as being on some kind of enhancer.

I wasn't sure if they were or not because I didn't see any symptoms.

A dude broke up with his lady over her getting in shape? I mean, people break up for petty shit all the time, but damn, that's a new one to add to the list.

He wanted to stop lifting and go back to her old workout. She refused; he broke up. They were together maybe a year.

ThisGuy

Its sexy in a date casually way.

Couldn't see myself in a long term relationship with someone like that. This of course is based on looks alone. Throw in a killer personality and she might knock me dead.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I wasn't sure if they were or not because I didn't see any symptoms.

He wanted to stop lifting and go back to her old workout. She refused; he broke up. They were together maybe a year.
I never agree when people say someone is a jerk for breaking up with someone who doesn't take care of themself, but breaking up with someone for getting in shape is really really stupid.

I find all of the examples in the OP to be super unappealing, but I find this:

...incredibly sexy. So I dunno?

Weight lifting has extremes. You can have low body fat, or more medium body fat, or higher body fat. You can strive for physique and sexiness or go for competition.

Salamando

I never agree when people say someone is a jerk for breaking up with someone who doesn't take care of themself, but breaking up with someone for getting in shape is really really stupid.

Dude probably thinks that if the girl doesn't need him for his muscles, she'll have no other use for him. Lotta guys are scared of an independent woman.

grumble

It is ridiculously awesome to see women who are fit and have a little muscle mass. It's all subjective, but the scrawny, underfed and undermuscled look isn't my thing. A fit, healthy and capable woman who has the character to stick to something and kick some butt in the weight room (despite moronic social norms against it, though that is changing) is usually far more attractive on the outside and the inside.

The pictures in the top post can be achieved naturally but are pretty far along. fairly advanced strength training folks, more than most people would ever get to. It'd be the equivalent of a guy with a deadlift in the mid 400s. Even if people who have that level of advancement aren't going to turn Everyone's crank, you have to admire their achievements. Don't think they'll have ANY issues getting laid though...

Im a big supporter of this trend of people getting strong and fit. It is such a good idea for people's health, especially worn byeho will often suffer from low bone density and sarcopenia with age.

OP, keep it up!

Nothing wrong with it, but I find the people who do it for sport and competition (like the seriously jacked and bronze type) to be unattractive. That goes for men and women actually. But they shouldn't give two shits what I think, more power to them.

Girl in the example above is not what I'm talking about.. What she's got going on is great..

Edit - Did the dumb thing and posted before completely reading the OP. Ignore

I don’t have a problem with it. I’d love for my potential partner to be fit and take their health seriously. That being said, I don’t really find the women in the OP to be attractive.

Kozak

Banned
I find all of the examples in the OP to be super unappealing, but I find this:

...incredibly sexy. So I dunno?

Its because she hasn't deyhdrated herself to tighten the skin and highlight her muscles for a photo shoot.

:)

edit:

Some of the girls in the OP are actually smaller than her. Just the dehydration thing and a post workout picture make them look bigger than they are.

Hawtest thing evarr, but I am not worthy. Though I think it starts looking weird after a certain threshold

That bf is one jelly little bitch

Hunter S.

Only a fan of muscular butt, or thigh. Not in strong/tone in back, stomach and especially not arms and chest exercises for women.

Takuan

Muscles and tone are A-OK with me.

The limit is when they start looking like the dudes on the covers of those muscle magazines.

Hunter S.

My guess is that the guys that don't mind it are more likely to answer than those that don't. Even guys can be too nice.

daffy

Banned
Who cares what men think. That's the problem in the first place

Fuck that bf obv she's in a better place now mentally and physically. There's guys out there that like anything and everything sooo

I dunno. Seems pretty attractive to me. I'd be an asshat if I wanted to hold a girl back from being a stronger, healthier person.

Death by snu-snu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom