• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN 30th Anniversary Final Fantasy Sale (2/14 - 2/21)

Toki767

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/final-fantasy-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-SQUAREENIXSALE

P2Mudvb.png

9dRMhhe.png

Final Fantasy VII on PS4 is finally on sale after not having been on sale since launch.

mileS

The ps1 version of FF6 is garbage isn't it? I vaguely remember long loading times or something. I would love to finally play that game though. I absolutely refuse to play the mobile/pc version with those new graphics. Yuck.

So besides dragging the wii out and playing it that way. This is my only option.

IronLich

So what are the advantages of Final Fantasy VII on PS4 when I own the physical copy and am wanting to replay it sometime before Remake happens?

Rymuth

I expect a Valentine's day flash sale this weekend as well

Is Type 0 actually worth playing?
Personally, I liked it a lot but then again, the bar was really low for me as I cannot stress enough how heavily disillusioned I was with Final Fantasy after XIII

How's Final Fantasy XIV Online? I could always use another decent MMO.

Really good. It's a WoW clone, sure, but probably the best one so far and, honestly, I find it near comparable in quality (thought not quantity, yet).

In particular it's actually got a decent story, which is weird for a MMO.

man I really wish you could play PS1 games on PS4. this is killing me

Caved in and bought a PS3 -cause my fat one died- mainly for that reason. Hopefully, purchases we made for PSOne Classics will be forward-compatible on PS4 and beyond through our PSN account.

So what are the advantages of Final Fantasy VII on PS4 when I own the physical copy and am wanting to replay it sometime before Remake happens?

The 3D models have a crispness to them that blows the PS1 release away. You can notice all kinds of cool details on monsters, summons, and characters that impressed me quite a bit since I had never gotten to play the PC release. You can also toggle on and off, fast forward battles, turn off battles, instant limit gauge fill.

The ps1 version of FF6 is garbage isn't it? I vaguely remember long loading times or something. I would love to finally play that game though. I absolutely refuse to play the mobile/pc version with those new graphics. Yuck.

So besides dragging the wii out and playing it that way. This is my only option.

The only real issue with the PS1 version was the loading times, which seem to be reduced in the Vita videos I've seen with fast disc loading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOjmbr8ggls

Maybe I'm crazy, but those loading times are not nearly as bad as I remember them. This seems totally playable, especially at this sale price.

mileS

The only real issue with the PS1 version was the loading times, which seem to be reduced in the Vita videos I've seen with fast disc loading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOjmbr8ggls

Maybe I'm crazy, but those loading times are not nearly as bad as I remember them. This seems totally playable, especially at this sale price.
Only way I could play it is on my psp go. I've been googling to see if the load times are only an issue for the disc ps1 version. Im literally dying to play this game for the first time. Just don't want to sour my experience if long load times are an issue.

Top Bottom