• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN 30th Anniversary Final Fantasy Sale (2/14 - 2/21)

FF1 through FFX here I come. How far will I make it?

How many years you got to burn?

Depends how quick you play games in all honesty.

-sigh- wish I had more time, I really want to get into FFXIV again. I need to make some serious strides in my backlog before the next expansion drops. That will be my grand return.

zeniselv

I would like to get ff7 for ps4, so if I can finally finish it,but beign 2 dollars short on my wallet, I would had liked a lot, that ps+ members would had gotten that 70 or 75%off

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Nice FFVII finally on sale. Playing it now.
Wasn't the translation supposed to be redone? Seems mostly the same, complete with out of date spell names and "attack while the tail's up".

fvng

Was really hoping for a 30 year anniversary beautiful box set with every mainline FF game but looks like we are just getting PSN discounts

fvng

Wonderful news, I haven't got chance to buy FFXV and got one immediately, should I buy season pass too?

Yeah if they are roughly 4 hours per DLC episode then it's 12 hours of story content which is the length of most game campaigns now to be honest. But maybe decide if you want it until playing the main game. After finishing XV I immediately bought the season pass

Make sure you participate in the free moogle carnival that is ending soon, plus you get important recipes in it.

fvng

how is world of final fantasy?

I bought it yesterday and am really enjoying it. This is coming from someone that hates cutsey shit typically. Really like the throwback to classic FF and the two protagonists are likable. There is a demo on psn if you're on the fence hopefully it's still up

firelogic

Wonderful news, I haven't got chance to buy FFXV and got one immediately, should I buy season pass too?

Even if you like FFXV you shouldn't just up and buy the season pass. See what the DLC actually is and if it's worth it. No point ponying up the money to buy the pass only to find out you only want 1 thing out of it. Especially since the season pass isn't a limited time thing. You can always get it later.

Cornbread78

Ffxv was my first ff game. I likedon't ot, but it made no sense at all.

Would I like x?

Like the other mentioned, FFX is more of a classic turn-based JRPG (and just happens to be a much better game<IMO>) so you really cannot compare the two of them...

If you are interested in JRPGs at all, FFX is a must buy, without question. FFX-2 is different from X-2 and gets a lot of hate because of its "J-pop" ness, but really is an excellent experience as well.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
My VII nostalgia is really peaking lately on the 20th anniversary, so I grabbed the VII port for PS4. I don't know if I really love the look of it upscaled to HD... but it's fine. I'll play through it for the quality of life* features and trophies. Plus the Midgar PS4 theme is powerful stuff. That music ;_;

*(by the way, when did we all start calling additions to make the game easier to play "quality of life"? A couple years ago when Nintendo was floating the idea of health trackers as "QOL", there sure wasn't a conflict with this other term....)

Muzicfreq

Banned
Actually bought world of final fantasy physical new for this price at GameStop last week. Finally getting around to sinking time into it. Loving it

The dialog between the characters is very the funny

Yeah if they are roughly 4 hours per DLC episode then it's 12 hours of story content which is the length of most game campaigns now to be honest. But maybe decide if you want it until playing the main game. After finishing XV I immediately bought the season pass

Make sure you participate in the free moogle carnival that is ending soon, plus you get important recipes in it.

I see, when I launch the game I got a notification about Moogle Carnival or something like that I cannot remember exactly. I think I'll wait untill I finish the game.

Even if you like FFXV you shouldn't just up and buy the season pass. See what the DLC actually is and if it's worth it. No point ponying up the money to buy the pass only to find out you only want 1 thing out of it. Especially since the season pass isn't a limited time thing. You can always get it later.

I think you are right, it is best to wait and decide after I complete the game.

jennetics

Question, what's the difference between the psx version and this ps4 version of FFVII?

The PS4 version is a port of the PC version and comes with trophies and game modifiers (3x speed, invincible mode, and no random encounters). The PS4 version has some issues but I'd recommend it over the PS1 version.

Clockwork5

I'm currently chipping away at 2. My god those early games aren't great.
I'm currently looking to awaken the sleeping elvish prince in FF1.

I am actually digging it so far, the constant random encounters are a bit of a nuisance but I better get used to it!

Mister X

Neo Member
I get that we'll never see PS3 Classics on PS4, but holy shit let's go already with some PS1 Classics. I'm dying to play FF9 again.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Playing through IV on the Vita. I had tried to play the Android port and it didn't grab me, but I'm loving it here. Looks amazing on the OLED.

Top Bottom