• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN 30th Anniversary Final Fantasy Sale (2/14 - 2/21)

Is Type 0 actually worth playing?
It's a great idea wrapped up in a terrible package. You'll be utterly lost unless you either do some additional reading or play it two or more times.

I mean, you thought XIII's datalog was bad. That was updated all in one playthrough, half the size and accessible at all times. Type-0's is located in the library and bloody huge. And you won't be sure of the relevance until much later.

The story is a horrid, disjointed mess, the characters are bland and unlikeable, and its just...awful.

Had fun otherwise though, to be honest. Battle system takes some getting used to, but the characters play fairly differently. Used a technique to level everyone up easily, got the plat in one playthrough and sunk my teeth back into Episode Duscae.

I still have no clue why PS1 games aren't playable on PS4.

I would've bought some of the old FF games but I don't have my PS3 hooked up anymore. Come on now.

zMiiChy-

Banned
Just warning you all,
World of Final Fantasy
on the Vita
Runs like shit!

It's not broken though, so if you you are interested in the game and expect bad performance it might be worth $24.

Toa Axis

Is Type 0 actually worth playing?
It has a pretty fun combat system, and it's fun specing out the various characters, but that's really the only thing it has going for it. The story is abysmal, the side quests are pretty barebones, and the world map is incredibly boring to explore. Not to mention that you have to level up each of the thirteenth characters one at a time.

It's not something I would recommend, honestly.

Medicated

Neo Member
Nice, how much better does FF7 PS4 look over the PS1 game....?

Not much it is basically the same game. Image quality is definitely better but still the same terrible looking character models and what have you. Still love the game but god going back makes you realize how terrible it looks in comparison.

psyfi

Banned
I bought FF14 a few weeks ago and still can't get it to work on my PS4 due to some networking issue with the game. Fucking sucks.

John Blade

Sweet...more games for me to get for my vita. Wondering here. What is the difference between

DISSIDIA™ FINAL FANTASY®
and
DISSIDIA® 012[duodecim]™ FINAL FANTASY®

Not into fighting game but might be interesting in getting one of them. Just asking here.

The ps1 version of FF6 is garbage isn't it? I vaguely remember long loading times or something. I would love to finally play that game though. I absolutely refuse to play the mobile/pc version with those new graphics. Yuck.

So besides dragging the wii out and playing it that way. This is my only option.

Probably just me but I played the PS1 version for the first time and had no problems. Loading times are ass but total gameplay time for me was within averages on the GBA and SNES (40-42hrs iirc), that being said, I didn't feel it contributed to further padding. All that requires is tempering expectations.

Toki767

Sweet...more games for me to get for my vita. Wondering here. What is the difference between

DISSIDIA™ FINAL FANTASY®
and

Not into fighting game but might be interesting in getting one of them. Just asking here.

Dissidia 012 is what you want. It is a prequel but it contains the story of the original game as well.

Thanks for all the responses. Guess I'll skip Type 0.

DISSIDIA™ FINAL FANTASY®
and

Duodecim is the sequel.

dickroach

I'm not big on fighting games, but I love FF games and recently got a Vita...is Dissidia 012 worth getting??? (as a single player game. dgaf about multiplayer)

also why isn't Crisis Core on the ps store -____________-

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Tempted for FF9... is that the lowest it's been?

Or should I wait to get the Steam version some time?

Crazy that FFT War of the Lions isn't on the list. Best FF by far. Nvm I'm blind

DISSIDIA™ FINAL FANTASY®
and

just get duodecim. It's the sequel but it has the first game in it iirc, plus a more balanced system

edit: it does indeed contain the first game. duodecim is a prequel and you unlock the first game once you beat the story mode

Tempted for FF9... is that the lowest it's been?

Or should I wait to get the Steam version some time?

Crazy that FFT War of the Lions isn't on the list. Best FF by far. Nvm I'm blind

I think this is the lowest (also on other occasions).

I prefer to play RPGs on my Vita (or PS4, depending on the title), so I'd probably grab the PSN version instead of PC.

Ill echo what others have said, id be interested in this sale if I could get the psx games on my ps4, otherwise i have everything else

jsnepo

Why isn't Final Fantasy Chronicles included? Got the disc version for PS1 and would like to continue playing it on Vita.

thelastword

Banned
Finally it has happened to me right in front of my face
My feelings can't describe it

Rendered at 1080p, though that won't improve the prerendered backgrounds. The real get here is the QoL features like translation fixes and the ability to fastforward battles.

Not much it is basically the same game. Image quality is definitely better but still the same terrible looking character models and what have you. Still love the game but god going back makes you realize how terrible it looks in comparison.
Cool, I guess it's still the best way to replay it atm....I have the original, but I'll get it......

Heh, I even forgot that the PS4 version would have trophies.........that's a nice bonus on top of the better resolution and quick travel..

Cornbread78

Just warning you all,
World of Final Fantasy
on the Vita
Runs like shit!

It's not broken though, so if you you are interested in the game and expect bad performance it might be worth $24.

Hyperbole much?

It's slow, but very playable and enjoyable.

damn... real tempted to get this ... (only got 16 dollars to spend) but could be a flash sale soon...

oh decisions decisions...
This is the first time since launch it has been on sale. Pick it up now. Other games will probably be on sale many times over the years but this one won't.

Top Bottom