• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions currently delisted from Steam

Tizoc

20.10 - Mr. Robot 🤖: #38878 » [Steam Store] Removed Game: Spider-Man™: Shattered Dimensions - http://store.steampowered.com/app/231990/ - http://steamdb.info/app/231990/

Well shit

It is still available for the next 12 hours over @ Humblebundle if anyone is interested in getting it
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/spiderman-shattered-dimensions

The game has a resolution problem, but I found a fix for it-
http://steamcommunity.com/app/231990/discussions/0/142261352645917992/

Grab it if interested, though who knows if this'll surface again when the new movie releases.

dlemarc

Thanks for the heads up. I've been meaning to double dip for a while now but never got around to it. I guess that means the Ultimate Alliance games are next on the list.

Is the game good?

YES!...if you're ok with 2010 smack middle of PS3/360 era game combat and level design. But for what it is, it's pretty compelling to play as all the different types of Spider Men, who have varied movesets and styles between them all. And you could probably downsample or play it in 4k with almost any rig which would go a long way to making the art style look good.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm going to pass. If the entire game was based on "Amazing" Spider-Man with that art style I'd be all over it. It was by far my favorite part, but the Future Spidey and Noir were meh.

Im guessing Activision loses the Spiderman license at the end of the fiscal year?

Unlike most publicly traded companies, Activision's fiscal year is aligned with the calendar year, so that's still nine months away. Though their license could just expire at the end of March anyway.

It won't.

I've had a game that has been delisted for nearly ten years (Empire: Total War) and have never had any issues playing it.

Holy crap, Empire: Total War is gone too? I've had that game since launch.

Is there a list of all delisted Steam games? I'd love to know out of the 500 games I own, how many of them are actually gone.

Jesus, putting it into perspective, 500 games in my Steam account is too fucking much for a unemployed 26yo. I miss having a job and buying too many games.

Fisty

Unlike most publicly traded companies, Activision's fiscal year is aligned with the calendar year, so that's still nine months away. Though their license could just expire at the end of March anyway.

Ah interesting. Must be operating in Sony's calender then

Grab it if interested, though who knows if this'll surface again when the new movie releases.

It most likely won't.
Publisher is SIEA. Aka Sony.

It's why the new Spiderman will be PS4 EXCLUSIVE.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/spider-man-ps4/

Should tell people in the OP so people are aware of this.

I highly doubt Spiderman will be back any time soon, if ever on steam again. Since Activision no longer has publishing rights.

Holy crap, Empire: Total War is gone too? I've had that game since launch.

Is there a list of all delisted Steam games? I'd love to know out of the 500 games I own, how many of them are actually gone.

Jesus, putting it into perspective, 500 games in my Steam account is too fucking much for a unemployed 26yo. I miss having a job and buying too many games.

Crap, I meant Empires: Dawn of the Modern World.

I do have Empire: Total War though too, sorry about that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Im guessing Activision loses the Spiderman license at the end of the fiscal year?

Acti's financial year follows the calendar year. I'd say this is just one of the very few times that a licence Acti acquired has actually expired rather than been voluntarily terminated (Bond perhaps behind the most egregious example as there were still two years left on the licence when Acti ditched it).

It most likely won't.
Publisher is SIEA. Aka Sony.

It's why the new Spiderman will be PS4 EXCLUSIVE.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/spider-man-ps4/

Should tell people in the OP so people are aware of this.

I highly doubt Spiderman will be back any time soon, if ever on steam again. Since Activision no longer has publishing rights.

Acti's Spiderman games are still Acti's. Licensing the Spiderman IP doesn't confer Sony publishing rights to other Spiderman games.

theultimo

Woah, I bought this game 3 days ago. I hope it isn't going to disappear from my games list at some time...
I still have Prey on my account 13 years later.

If its activated, it never leaves unless its a fraudulent purchase.

Hell i still have Nosgoth, and that has no way of playing it.

zoodoo

Bought it in december on ps3 during sales. I thought it was pretty boring. Bad combat, awful level designs, lame bosses. No redeeming quality for me.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Purchased. I know it's not great but my son loves Spider-Man 2099 so I think he'll like this.

On one hand, it's been delisted. On the other hand, the physical PC release can still be purchased for a reasonable price, which means I wouldn't have to download anything. Decisions, decisions.

I didn't like this game much. The future and amazing spideys were very boring to play and that's half the game. And I find it amazingly lame that they made a sequel with those two.

kubus

Loved this game on PS3 and always meant to pick up the Steam release... just not for €29,99.

$9,99 is a great price though, so I just bought this from Humble Store before it's gone. Thanks for the heads up OP!

edit: Uhhh... or not? I get this error when I try to redeem the code on Steam :S?

RYtxzwF.png

edit 2: restarted Steam and it suddenly showed up in my Library. Weird.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
edit: Uhhh... or not? I get this error when I try to redeem the code on Steam :S?

edit 2: restarted Steam and it suddenly showed up in my Library. Weird.

Yeah, that error usually just means that there was a server hiccup during the activation process but the licence registration actually completed successfully.

Hesh

Saw this on sale on PSN earlier in the week and saw the writing on the wall so I picked it up. Really wish I didn't miss out on the older Spider-man games since now I'll get price-gouged for a physical copy so I'll cross my fingers and hope Activision re-ups their license once Spider-man is all the rage again following his Marvel Studios movies.

Timu

It's wonderful, like a classic 16 or 32-bit Spider-Man game given the PS360 era visual treatment. Huge variety of levels, each with their own unique bosses and theming. Secrets, unlockables, lots to do if you are a completist. One of the more entertaining games in the franchise easily.
I'm sold on this game now, will get in the future.

Big Nikus

Purchased. I know it's not great but my son loves Spider-Man 2099 so I think he'll like this.

The sequel, Edge of Time, features only the classic Spidey and 2099. I think it has already been removed from Steam though :/ It wasn't as good as Shattered Dimensions, but it's the game that offers the most stuff with Spidey 2099.

Megatron

So it's delisted from everything now? I caved and bought it from the humble store last night thanks to this thread. Also bought it for $5 on Sony's sale last week, so I can play this whenever. These expiring licenses suck me in, lol.

TimmiT

The sequel, Edge of Time, features only the classic Spidey and 2099. I think it has already been removed from Steam though :/ It wasn't as good as Shattered Dimensions, but it's the game that offers the most stuff with Spidey 2099.

It was never released on Steam to begin with. I heard it's not nearly as good as Shattered Dimensions anyway though.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I own a physical PC copy of this. Played it a few years ago. I had some fun with it. Definitely feel like going back and playing it now since it's been brought up. I always wanted to play as Spidey 2099.

I'd say if you enjoyed Wolverine 2009 you might like this. It has its own mechanics for each Spider-Man though, so it's not entirely like Wolverine.

Big Nikus

It was never released on Steam to begin with. I heard it's not nearly as good as Shattered Dimensions anyway though.

Yeah it's not as good as Shattered Dimensions, but for Spidey fans (especially 2099), it's better than nothing :p
For a kid it could be good though.

Top Bottom