• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

They're never fixing MCC, are they?

DocSeuss

All I wanna do is play Halo 3 ODST with my friends, but I can't connect most of the time, and on those RARE occasions that I do connect with my friends, we try loading a mission and the screen doesn't load at all.

They've just given up at this point, haven't they? I can't figure out how to troubleshoot at all. We've managed, like... two times to play together, but that's it. It's frustrating as heck. I wish they'd just bring the 360 games to backwards compatibility already so I could actually play with my friends.

Is there some magical troubleshooting step I've missed? I've reset the console, backed out of the update OS ring, reset my router, my modem, everything. I don't know what else to do. I'm just not gonna get to play this game with my friends, am I?

It's super disappointing, but I really don't think they will ever fix it. I've put over 500 hours into it. Wish I could do more, but it can be such a chore to get the damn game to work.

Razlo

343 has killed the franchise for me. I used to buy Halo at midnight launches each and every time, get the expensive special editions, buy figures, shirts etc.

I rage quit Halo 4 and nothing I've seen since has interested me. Sad to have a franchise I loved dead to me like this, but that's how it is.

I thought they straight up said as much shortly after release? Thought they said there was some stuff that they would never be able to fix.

EDIT: Maybe I'm thinking of Arkham Knight. Can't find anything.

Jigorath

Banned
I could never get campaign co-op to work properly. Even months after release my buddies and I were constantly getting disconnected or desynchronized.

Marcel

MCC fixes will be revealed at E3 after the Scalebound re-announcement, the revival of True Fantasy Live Online and a playable version of Cuphead.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
they fixed some and left a lot to be fixed.

hell, they did not even fix the microsoft intro logo, that every single time you start the game stops for a part of a second.

Haha what? Those kind of errors I did not expect, I thought people just referred to stuff like latency and performance when talking about MCC not working. I didn't know things were THAT dire.

giphy.gif

Still can't believe the mess this thing was (still is at times). I mean, this is HALO. Microsoft's #1 franchise. This thing should have been handled with the up-most care and the team should have been given all the time and money in the world to perfect it.

Seventy70

I played Halo 2 campaign split screen and couldn't even get a solid 60. I was even playing on the classic graphics settings...

How they managed to fuck this thing up so bad, I still do not know.

Cranster

Banned
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game OP?

As for it ever being fixed it is really hard to say. It works most of the time for me but even today the game crashed on me and another party member while the match was loading and the other two guys on our team lost because of it.

Hopefully something gets announced at E3 in regards to a new update or a fixed version/relaunch.

J@hranimo

Banned
Didn't 343 Industries say they had something to announce Halo related at E3 despite deconfirming Halo 6?

Is it just some Halo Wars 2 stuff?

Wedzi

Banned
If there's no Scorpio patch then yeah I'd give up hope.

But I still find the game pretty playable but then again I haven't tried online co op before so I can't speak to your issue. If I have a hard time finding a match (when I rarely decide to fire it up) I generally chop it up to just a lower player base but who knows.

Lil Marco

Banned
343 has killed the franchise for me. I used to buy Halo at midnight launches each and every time, get the expensive special editions, buy figures, shirts etc..

Same here. Was a massive Halo fan back in the day, but 343/Microsoft disrespected and trashed the franchise really hard.

I don't consider any non-Bungie Halo game an actual Halo game- just a franchise that's an empty shell of what it once was. I tried the recent Halos (4, 5, etc)- the art direction is jarring and inaccurate, and the story/canon is absolutely nonsensical.

It's dead to me, and I'm really sad about that because I cherish the moments I had playing halo 2 and 3 online with my friends.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Fixed exclusively on Scorpio announced @ E3.

"We're proud to announce the Master Chief Master Collection exclusively for the Xbox Scorpio. With the power of Scorpio, you'll be able to fight side by side with Master Chief in 4K resolution among other exclusive features such as functional games, working multiplayer and more!"

I returned my first Xbone because of how shoddy the game was at launch - absolutely unplayable.

My friends ended up giving me an Xbone a year later for my birthday with MCC. It's gotten just a little better after patches but it still has major issues. Also they got rid of the H1 4v4 playlist which was one of my favorites.

How Microsoft let their premier franchise and an awesome compilation of games be a complete blunder is beyond me. So yes OP, I doubt this game will ever be fixed and if it does, it will truly be a miracle. Plus 343 clearly moved onto H5 (and H6 I'm assuming) once MCC dropped and was found to be really buggy.

Easily the worst release of this generation.

Seventy70

I returned my first Xbone because of how shoddy the game was at launch - absolutely unplayable.

My friends ended up giving me an Xbone a year later for my birthday with MCC. It's gotten just a little better after patches but it still has major issues. Also they got rid of the H1 4v4 playlist which was one of my favorites.

How Microsoft let their premier franchise and an awesome compilation of games be a complete blunder is beyond me. So yes OP, I doubt this game will ever be fixed and if it does, it will truly be a miracle. Plus 343 clearly moved onto H5 (and H6 I'm assuming) once MCC dropped and was found to be really buggy.

Easily the worst release of this generation.

And on top of all that, I doubt the community would return. If this thing had a better release, the population numbers would have been drastically better. Why you would push this out and sour tons of people on your prized franchise just puzzles me. They should've delayed it and let it cook for a bit more.

Halo 6 is going to take a big hit in sales. With 4 and 5 they were sort of riding on goodwill, but I think many people are just about done with Halo. I know I am.

_Aaron_

I almost bought an Xbox One just for MCC.

Glad I didn't bother since it turned out to be such a mess.

MCC was a bust, Halo 5 lost the plot (for me at least) and we still have at least two more mainline entries to go and I couldn't care less for either of them.

I honestly can't classify myself as a Halo fan anymore to be honest. It's hard to love a series when you haven't enjoyed an entry in five years.

Magwik

Banned
And here We Go again. Lol and I still dont get it.. it Works for me...
Shit man I feel you
I remember last year when people's Galaxy Notes kept exploding, though their problems aren't relevant as mine works perfectly fine.

There's actually no reason to have this sort of bias when there is an entire community sourced website of MCC bugs with videos and screenshots to back it up.

gogosox82

I thought they did fix it? Damn if it isn't fixed by now, you might as well forget about it ever being fixed. MS and 343 really messed this up badly for you guys. Sorry man must really suck.

Halo 6 is going to take a big hit in sales. With 4 and 5 they were sort of riding on goodwill, but I think many people are just about done with Halo. I know I am.

Halo 6 will be bomba status, I know it. After Halo 4's multiplayer, MCC overall, and Halo 5's singleplayer, I don't see how Halo recovers at this point. The playerbase is too fractured between the classic/new approaches, and there are many different good FPS's eating Halo's lunch on the regular now. That recent 'world championship' debacle was a sign of the state of Halo and I don't see it getting much better.

eloxx

I bought a xbox one for this game back in the day. Never used the console since then. And I was really impressed with the instant switching from new to old graphics. Such a shame.

People complain about the multiplayer of this game, but everything I've read has suggested that the MCC is the best way to play through the campaigns. Can anybody clarify if the co-op online has problems or not?

I've read conflicting stuff about whether or not the games support co-op via LAN on the XBONE. If they don't, and co-op online (through a friends list) has these issues, I think I'd rather just play through the games on their original hardware.

MCD250

I sometimes have a thought about buying an Xbox One S to check out some of the Xbox franchises that I've missed out on, having been a PlayStation owner for most of my life. This game has always been at the top of the list for me, but I sometimes read about it having big issues like this and I feel a bit of concern. Hopefully it'll work reasonably well by the time I get it.

im_dany

I only got my X1 slightly before Halo 5 so I don't really know how it was at launch but I haven't had that bad of an experience. Coop was working fine (although I didn't play campaign much, I played it too much on 360 to care again), and have many hours in (H2) multiplayer. It works for me 99% of the time, it just lacks basic features (do I REALLY have to start matchmaking every time after each match? come on).

That said I hope they make it better for anyone else that still has problems. Halo 5 multi was fantastic but I think the franchise suffered from having a subpar Halo 4 (both sp/mp) and a broken MCC.

Top Bottom