• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

They're never fixing MCC, are they?

Theres literally nothing left to say about MCC. It showed me what 343 were as a developer and it made me lose all confidence in them. The fact that this game is just abandoned like this is an insult to all the fans. This isnt project spark, its fucking halo and it deserved being treated with a lot more respect.

As far as im concerned, 343 will never deliver.
I'd imagine the games not able to ne fixed. the project they actually worked on delivered for me ( halo 5). i understand the frustration though, it's am overly ambitious project gone wrong.

Tawpgun

Its dead Jim.

That being said, I still play with friends from time to time. People are still on it. It's possible to get a working game. I've come to terms with 343 fucked up the development on it and launched too early. They claim game was working fine until it left the internal environment but ehhh we still never got a full post mortem explanation.

But what REALLY sucks about it is even if you get into a good, stable game, chances are you are playing SMG/AR starts. In 2017!!!! It is fucking abysmal and I'd rather play a 3 v 4 or some kind of fucked up version of BR starts then Halo 3 AR starts or Halo 2 SMG starts.

Haha what? Those kind of errors I did not expect, I thought people just referred to stuff like latency and performance when talking about MCC not working. I didn't know things were THAT dire.

There's plenty of issues with the MCC, halo 2 co-op will desync on some stages and become unplayable online because of it, never fixed.

Alphahawk

From a business perspective, the best thing they could do is just cut their launches. Let;s say 343 went in and tried to fix it again. If it is less than perfect there will be a ton of articles about how 343 can't get a three year old game working properly and that will revive the whole fiasco. Better just to cut their losses and run.

ElNino

Yeah I haven't played any of the past few Halo games but I feel bad for Halo fans. The Master Chief Collection should of been the ultimate collection for them.

It's crazy how Microsoft though it was okay for 343 and the other studios to treat their biggest franchise like they did with the MCC.
I don't know about that. I've enjoyed playing MCC with my sons and Halo 5 was great for us as well.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
This thread got me thinking of the game again, So decided to give it another try just now, this is the message I got:

"Please try again
For some reason Halo: The Master Shit Collection took to long to start. (0x8027025a)"

This thread got me thinking of the game again, So decided to give it another try just now, this is the message I got:

"Please try again
For some reason Halo: The Master Shit Collection took to long to start. (0x8027025a)"

To be fair that happens to me allot with all games when my external needs to be reconnected, but yeah it sucks this game is dead I will believe every e3 we get a surprise relaunch. Also blaming 343 for MCC is wrong

Sephzilla

Its dead Jim.

That being said, I still play with friends from time to time. People are still on it. It's possible to get a working game. I've come to terms with 343 fucked up the development on it and launched too early. They claim game was working fine until it left the internal environment but ehhh we still never got a full post mortem explanation.

But what REALLY sucks about it is even if you get into a good, stable game, chances are you are playing SMG/AR starts. In 2017!!!! It is fucking abysmal and I'd rather play a 3 v 4 or some kind of fucked up version of BR starts then Halo 3 AR starts or Halo 2 SMG starts.

Yeah I don't buy that shit at all

I'd imagine the games not able to ne fixed. the project they actually worked on delivered for me ( halo 5). i understand the frustration though, it's am overly ambitious project gone wrong.

I get that it was extremely complicated to get all the original games working together in one package, trust me i get it. But Is that a reason to give up on it? And not only give up on it but give up AFTER its out in the players hands?

I understand that they cant have a whole studio working on it forever, but why not dedicate a smaller team and have them take their time fixing it? Was that impossible? After all this time, it would have been fixed 2 times by now had they done that. Why have they wasted all this time meeting and debating whether or not to do it when by now, it would have been done had they just had a smaller team on this.

It might not all be on them, but the post launch support is ALL on them, and they failed miserably.

edit: had they just showed continued support, i would have a lot more faith in them today. I appreciate when a dev puts in the work, especially when its difficult. When BF4 came out, it was broken just as bad if not worse then MCC. But Dice showed continued support. We got patches for that game in 2016 up until very recently. They even updated it so that all their games (BF1, Hardline, BF4) work together a la MCC. So you can start a party in BF1 and it will follow you in all those games without ever having to start over. THATS SUPPORT. BF does what MCC should have done and we got that in a fucking patch 3 years after launch.

And what does 343 do? Give up on it. I have no respect for that. They permanently damaged the brand because of their inactions, and that i will not stand for.

DJ Gunner

While I cannot speak to the Halo 2 de-sync issues specifically (I've not experienced this issue), what I can say is that any networked mode in the game is super, SUPER sensitive to connection quality. I 100% believe the varying experiences documented have everything to do with network connection, and I've personally witnessed connections that support numerous other multiplayer games with zero issues render this one unplayable. Since the saving system is cloud based I believe this can also, to a lesser effect, still have an impact on SP modes, but I can't 100% confirm this.

It's a goddamned shame, too, because this is still an amazing package when it functions.

Cranster

Banned
From a business perspective, the best thing they could do is just cut their launches. Let;s say 343 went in and tried to fix it again. If it is less than perfect there will be a ton of articles about how 343 can't get a three year old game working properly and that will revive the whole fiasco. Better just to cut their losses and run.
It's Microsoft, they can afford to fix it.

Nope
As with the halo 5 aiming
Dont expect a good HALO game under 343
Halo 5's aiming is fixed now. As for what you consider bad the fact is Halo 4 and Halo 5 are good games, maybe not excellent games, but they are not bad games in any stretch of the word.

The only Halo thing I want to hear about at e3 is the MCC has been fixed, it's scrorpio ready and now includes Reach

MCC is a black eye Halo never quite recovered from. It would be great if they made good on it.

Fixing might mean actually redoing the collection from scratch though

It's Microsoft, they can afford to fix it.

Halo 5's aiming is fixed now. As for what you consider bad the fact is Halo 4 and Halo 5 are good games, maybe not excellent games, but they are not bad games in any stretch of the word.
Its "Fixed " sure. Just like in their definition the MCC was "Fine".

You can go back to any other Halo and see how shit Halo 5s aiming is

Lothars

Halo 4 isn't a bad game but Halo 5, You can say they fixed the aiming but they haven't. It's just as bad as it's ever been. They really shit the bed with that game.

If a dev can't get aiming right in an FPS, can't really expect much else. What's worse is that the beta aim worked perfectly well.
Agreed, I liked the aiming in the beta but have hated it in the full game and still to this day I can't stand it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm curious of what errors all still exist. Everything is working fine when I play, but I also don't try everything in the game, so am obviously missing things that are still broken.

It is hugely disappointing overall. It was such a great idea and package. I almost hope they do it again on Scorpio, include Reach, and give it to current MCC owners for free.

No. It's been the redheaded stepchild since H5 released and it was already getting half-assed treatment before then. It's dead.

MCC was such a colossal disaster that it completely soured my love of anything Halo that's been touched by 343. This game was in such a bad launch state that it should have been recalled.

And honestly, in hindsight, red flags should have went up all over the place when it was discovered that multiplayer was a day one patch

Yeah same here. I remember all the talk about separate teams and not abandoning it when H5 came out. Then H5 came out and the patches stopped coming. I'm not inclined to support a dev after how poorly that whole thing was handled before they swept it under the rug. Their current customers clearly took a backseat in favor of getting dem sweet preorders.

It was a broken piece of trash on release, now it's just an exercise in frustration with dropped matches and a handful of other fun quirks. Basically they got it to the level you'd expect from a kind of shitty day-1 release before the day-1 patch. And that's at end of life. And you still cant beat Halo 4 unless you already know what button to press which is sad and hilarious.

Halo 4 was not well received. The MCC was trash. And Halo 5 was finally a step in the right direction, but then they pieced the game out with their "free dlc" model that seemed more about finishing the game than adding to it. I'm not hot on Halo anymore.

Yeah I don't buy that shit at all

When even the damn basic menus didn't work right at launch, I don't buy that shit either. If even the menu functionality was completely dependent on the network then some very very poor choices were made.

I don't blame individuals at the company but I do blame their management. I'm still not over it and I won't be until they go back and make it right with basically a total relaunch after putting in a lot more work. Something like including it free with Scorpio to give the population a big boost while also giving it another major tune up. Which I assume means never.

I'm curious of what errors all still exist. Everything is working fine when I play, but I also don't try everything in the game, so am obviously missing things that are still broken.

It is hugely disappointing overall. It was such a great idea and package. I almost hope they do it again on Scorpio, include Reach, and give it to current MCC owners for free.
halobugs.com

they pieced the game out with their "free dlc" model that seemed more about finishing the game than adding to it. I'm not hot on Halo anymore.

So much this. Most content-barren Halo ever launched.

Are there even any non-Forged BTB maps yet?

Took 2 years for an aiming "hotfix" but there's been near-constant stream of microtransactions since Day 1 🤔🤔🤔

Smokey

I played 2 rounds of Halo 3 MP via MCC earlier today. No issues besides letting me know Halo 3 feels terribly outdated.

I played 2 rounds of Halo 3 MP via MCC earlier today. No issues besides letting me know Halo 3 feels terribly outdated.

yeah the guns are so not accurate. The guns is what really bothers me about 3 now, especially after playing 5 where all the guns are so good

Not sure if they did anything to it but when I had the MCC halo 3 aiming had a problem of having the sticky aim reversed, the crosshair moved FASTER when over an enemy instead of slower to help aim.

How do you mess that up.

93xfan

Banned
I despise 343 and Microsoft for making this all about cost/benefit. I wil always consider them as a company indebted to their customers. The only thing that would fix this was if they secretly were rebuilding this entire game and getting it ready for Halo 3s anniversary.

I hope a lot of gamers are like myself and will remember this for a LONG time to come.

I despise 343 and Microsoft for making this all about cost/benefit. I wil always consider them as a company indebted to their customers. The only thing that would fix this was if they secretly were rebuilding this entire game and getting it ready for Halo 3s anniversary.

I hope a lot of gamers are like myself and will remember this for a LONG time to come.

They won't. Gamers have short memories. (I don't. It's why I won't buy anything Gearbox makes)

The one thing I will always keep MCC for is definitely the Campaign of Halo 3. It's still hands down the best way to play 3. I enjoy playing 2 on H2V but the alternate H2A is a great way. Halo 1 has to be played on OG xbox for me though. Way too many differences and compromises in any other version PC/MAC/CEA/MCC for me to overlook. I do hope that Halo 1 gets a new full on remake one day(not remaster)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Halo should probably lay low for a decade or so and then be rebooted by a team that can do it right.

It's sad to see the way things went for it this gen.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
To be fair that happens to me allot with all games when my external needs to be reconnected, but yeah it sucks this game is dead I will believe every e3 we get a surprise relaunch. Also blaming 343 for MCC is wrong
It's not my first time seeing that error, but its pretty rare.
I just shut down and unplugged my console the other day so I could move it while I cleaned. This was the 4th game I had played off my external since then, the other 3 didn't give me any errors, MCC is special.

The game did work after I tried to open it again, I played my first Halo match in over a year. Big team battle on a Halo 3 map, it lagged like hell the whole time but I was able to complete the match. Overall better than the last state I played the game in but still rough. (I have a wired 150mb connection and rarely get lag in other games)

343 was and still is 100% responsible for the state of MCC.. They were the main studio, it was their job to hold any other studios the game was contracted out to higher quality standards. There was no excuse for the broken state it launched in.

It's not my first time seeing that error, but its pretty rare.
I just shut down and unplugged my console the other day so I could move it while I cleaned. This was the 4th game I had played off my external since then, the other 3 didn't give me any errors, MCC is special.

The game did work after I tried to open it again, I played my first Halo match in over a year. Big team battle on a Halo 3 map, it lagged like hell the whole time but I was able to complete the match. Overall better than the last state I played the game in but still rough. (I have a wired 150mb connection and rarely get lag in other games)

343 was and still is 100% responsible for the state of MCC.. They were the main studio, it was their job to hold any other studios the game was contracted out to higher quality standards. There was no excuse for the broken state it launched in.

I don't agree with the current state of the game I think despite the amazing turn around that is currently going on with the Xbox brand that is the biggest elephant that is also doing backflips in any room Xbox is discussed. Its a complete disappointment and I absolutely hate the fact that it's a giant joke that still sits on my hard drive because everyday I see it I just hope it's going to be fixed. That all being said I still don't blame 343 because it was clearly something forced on to them because it was also clearly supposed to be halo 2 anniversary only. I think allot was learned from it, like the fact halo 5 pretty much runs flawless....unless you're not near the dedicated servers, and just suck it up till something is officially done. I really do believe that it's coming to pc at some point and it will be fixed....I may be dead by then but I'll die hoping.

Shifty1897

Thanks for bringing attention to this, I had no idea it still wasn't fixed. I don't want to give any developer/publisher a pass on stuff like this in 2017. It's bad enough to release broken games, but you should at least patch it and fix basic connectivity problems before you're done.

Graciaus

The sad thing is if it actually worked I wouldn't have even bought halo 5. I played both for a little while then retired from halo.

When halo 2 anniversary worked it was amazing. They should have just remade that one and released the rest later. It's not like people wouldn't have bought it.

Izayoi

Banned
If Halo 4 was the beginning of the end, the MCC was the end of the franchise.

What happened here was nothing short of a travesty. What could have been a beautiful send-off to the original trilogy ended up instead as thid busted ass disaster.

I do love that the campaign (mostly) works, but online is completely busted and has been since basically launch.

Still holding out for a PC re-release with everything fixed, but my hope grows fainter with each passing day.

Blueblur1

343 has killed my desired to play or even care about Halo. This is the guy who created and ran the HaloGAF Twitter account for 3 (or 4?) years.

RBH

MCC was one of the main reasons I got an Xbox One, and it turned out to be one of my greatest disappointments of all-time.

An absolute damn shame how 343 killed the hype for this game in a record amount of time and never fully fixed the game.

Just thinking about it now just annoys me.

The whole MCC mess reminds me of the Silent Hill HD Collection catastrophe, and that one came from Konami, a company that honestly doesn't give a fuck. You'd think Microsoft would give more of a fuck about their most beloved and iconic character.

What? Halo 5 isn't a good game now?

I get the MCC hate but H5 is awesome, even if the aiming is off for some... Needs destiny level aim assists, huh?

Top Bottom