• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

They're never fixing MCC, are they?

PillarEN

Looking at the OP.

Then it occurred to me that "oh wait ODST was supposed to be a feel good giveaway" and apparently that is broken too. *sigh*
MCC is the ultimate buzzkill just reading about it as someone who used to love the franchise. Stopped caring about Halo after this was botched, as well as turned me away from the One. That's quite a feat. Sad though.

So, bets on when we see this topic created again?

I'm betting sometime during the last week this month.

Also, OP I doubt MS will be touching MCC again unless they release some sort of big update along with the inclusion of Reach or something.

Actually, 343 has a very negative reputation to this day. MCC was a MAJORRRRRRRRRRRRR disaster and because it was Halo made it worse.

Tell that to the Halo 5 diehards who think it saved the series. Some people will keep smiling no matter how much shit gets shoved down their throats.

Cranster

Banned
The people at 343 just don't get it.

Pretty sure they do get it.

Certain Affinity only made the remastered H2A maps and had literally nothing to do with the faulty networking/UI layer. Those were made externally, but not by CA and regardless it was 100% our responsibility. The issues were caused by a cascading combination of problems including faulty assumptions about code behaviors in retail rather than test environments, bad "ticket" tracking information and a number of other even more baroque issues. And yes I still owe people a technical explanation and I will provide the best one I'm able/permitted to at some point. That point, for a number of reasons beyond my control, is not now.

Nick

I'm *still* not over the mess that was MCC. It was my biggest gaming disappointment of all time, right next to vanilla Destiny. I fully regret not returning that game, naively thinking they were going to fix everything fully. Live and learn, but I'll never give 343 one cent of my money ever again.

The irony is that I'm sure most people would have been happy with a high quality standalone H2A, without all the others needing to be there. That was obviously a business decision when they were desperately trying to claw back some goodwill, but they should have delayed it or gone ahead with H2A by itself.

-hadouken

The irony is that I'm sure most people would have been happy with a high quality standalone H2A, without all the others needing to be there. That was obviously a business decision when they were desperately trying to claw back some goodwill, but they should have delayed it or gone ahead with H2A by itself.
Agree. Splitting the online playerbase between the games really killed off H2A quickly - sad as clearly quite a bit of work went into it.

PillarEN

Exactly. Even if it's not my favorite Halo game, a high quality standalone remaster of H2 would have been a good thing. The other games that were on the 360 could have been all made available with b/c and it would have been totally fine.
No loss of goodwill. Instead they promise something amazing but give you something extremely disappointing.

Izayoi

Banned
Exactly. Even if it's not my favorite Halo game, a high quality standalone remaster of H2 would have been a good thing. The other games that were on the 360 could have been all made available with b/c and it would have been totally fine.
No loss of goodwill. Instead they promise something amazing but give you something extremely disappointing.
This is where I start to disagree. I absolutely love the idea and the fact that they tried to deliver on it at all.

It really sucks what happened with it, but I would much prefer what we ended up getting with the MCC as opposed to what you are proposing here. A busted MCC is better than no MCC at all.

PillarEN

This is where I start to disagree. I absolutely love the idea and the fact that they tried to deliver on it at all.

It really sucks what happened with it, but I would much prefer what we ended up getting with the MCC as opposed to what you are proposing here. A busted MCC is better than no MCC at all.

But aside from Halo 1 multiplayer all the other Halo games would be playable on the One with b/c. A standalone H2 Anni would at worst be no harm no foul because those other games would be playable regardless. Instead they really upset a lot of people by trying to promise the world.
Heck they could have just made a package where they sell together like those old PC packages where you get 5 Lucasarts classics or whatever. All the games standalone in their own ecosystem working like they had, instead of merging it all into the MCC which botched it by trying to merge everything.

I mean all these games functioned alone. It's when they tried to tie it altogether that it didn't work out.

Izayoi

Banned
But aside from Halo 1 multiplayer all the other Halo games would be playable on the One with b/c. A standalone H2 Anni would at worst be no harm no foul because those other games would be playable regardless. Instead they really upset a lot of people by trying to promise the world.
Heck they could have just made a package where they sell together like those old PC packages where you get 5 Lucasarts classics or whatever. All the games standalone in their own ecosystem working like they had, instead of merging it all into the MCC which botched it by trying to merge everything.

I mean all these games functioned alone. It's when they tried to tie it altogether that it didn't work out.
Halo 1 was the most important part by far, for me.

It's a shame that the online turned out the way it did, but it's by far the best way to experience the game on consoles (especially regarding co-op).

I can't believe I'm defending the MCC, but here we are.

PillarEN

Halo 1 was the most important part by far, for me.

It's a shame that the online turned out the way it did, but it's by far the best way to experience the game on consoles (especially regarding co-op).

I can't believe I'm defending the MCC, but here we are.

You know I long for a nice port of Halo 1 Anniversary for the PC along with the proper multiplayer. Still enjoy playing the original PC version but the online is hacked through and through. Plus I tried it on Win 7 last month and it doesn't work as is. Probably an easy fix on my part, but I'd buy a new edition of PC H1 that made everything easy and more importantly patches up the online.

ChazGW7

Halo 6 will be bomba status, I know it. After Halo 4's multiplayer, MCC overall, and Halo 5's singleplayer, I don't see how Halo recovers at this point. The playerbase is too fractured between the classic/new approaches, and there are many different good FPS's eating Halo's lunch on the regular now. That recent 'world championship' debacle was a sign of the state of Halo and I don't see it getting much better.

This made me chuckle. Halo is a staple franchise and it will do just fine. Yes the MCC issues are sad, but Halo 4 and 5 sold great and future entries will continue to sell great.

EDIT: Also Halo 5s multiplayer was the best its ever been since Halo 2.

This made me chuckle. Halo is a staple franchise and it will do just fine. Yes the MCC issues are sad, but Halo 4 and 5 sold great and future entries will continue to sell great.

How can you say this when you last played in NOVEMBER???? You haven't played in a year and a fucking half.

This is everybody on neogaf who says Halo 5s Multiplayer is the "Best"

Fox Mulder

Nah. The MCC and halo 4 killed the franchise for me. I bought the original Xbox because of Halo, played online every day in college, and loved playing couch coop with my brother in law for the campaigns.

MS knowingly sold a broken MCC like it was nothing important and 343 doesn't make halo games for me anymore. Halo certainly doesn't feel anywhere near as big as it used to be.

ChazGW7

How can you say this when you last played in NOVEMBER???? You haven't played in a year and a fucking half.

This is everybody on neogaf who says Halo 5s Multiplayer is the "Best"

You've got to be kidding me right? I stopped paying for Gold on my account when I moved in with my flat mate at that time. I mostly play on PC, so instead I play Halo 5 on his gamertag.

OT: Every bone in my body prays they will bring MCC back to life and bring it to PC. Unlikely though.

Nah. The MCC and halo 4 killed the franchise for me. I bought the original Xbox because of Halo, played online every day in college, and loved playing couch coop with my brother in law for the campaigns.

MS knowingly sold a broken MCC like it was nothing important and 343 doesn't make halo games for me anymore. Halo certainly doesn't feel anywhere near as big as it used to be.

The post I quoted said Halo 6 will bomb, and I stand by what I said. It won't bomb, it will still sell great. Im not denying MCC's issues have tarnished 343 and Halo's reputation, but to say the game will bomb is hyperbolic. Many anticipate the final chapter to the trilogy, myself included!

Kevin

343 has killed the franchise for me. I used to buy Halo at midnight launches each and every time, get the expensive special editions, buy figures, shirts etc.

I rage quit Halo 4 and nothing I've seen since has interested me. Sad to have a franchise I loved dead to me like this, but that's how it is.

You just completely nailed my exact opinion. Halo was one of my all time favorite franchises and I didn't even bother with Halo 5. I don't think 343 'gets' what made the original Halo trilogy so good. It was all about story, atmosphere, characters, twists, suspense, etc. Halo games barely even feel like Halo games anymore. It's just changed too much and the story for the last couple of games have been really boring and uninspired. I have zero interest in Halo 6 at this point but will wait and see what happens.

Would be cool if the Halo games all get a 4K/60 frame upgrade for Scorpio though.

El Txou

Tell that to the Halo 5 diehards who think it saved the series. Some people will keep smiling no matter how much shit gets shoved down their throats.

Sorry, but this comment is uncalled for and offensive. Halo MCC was a disaster, but calling those that enjoyed Halo 5 as...well what you said, is unnecessary. I know it wasn't perfect, but you have to take it down a notch with the hate. Game wasn't perfect, but some people enjoyed it a lot. Me personally it is my favorite FPS multiplayer of this generation. 343 has a lot to make up for, but not everything they have done is terrible.

malfcn

Okay, I was defending this before but tonight has been frustrating.

Finally got my buddy on to continue Halo 2 after we beat the first title a year ago. We started 2 last year on Legendary, and got no where. So we concede and decide to start over on heroic.

Game session lost. Over and over again.
Navigate through a menu and hard lock.

We had almost zero problems before.
But tonight is looking no good.

Woohoo, after 15 minutes we in!

Top Bottom