• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

They're never fixing MCC, are they?

Sheroking

MCC was a bust, Halo 5 lost the plot (for me at least) and we still have at least two more mainline entries to go and I couldn't care less for either of them.

I honestly can't classify myself as a Halo fan anymore to be honest. It's hard to love a series when you haven't enjoyed an entry in five years.

Pretty much this.

Save a Halo 3 PC port, I'm good on the franchise until something massive changes.

Bluth54

Should have been Xbox's killer app. I feel bad for the fans.

Yeah I haven't played any of the past few Halo games but I feel bad for Halo fans. The Master Chief Collection should of been the ultimate collection for them.

It's crazy how Microsoft though it was okay for 343 and the other studios to treat their biggest franchise like they did with the MCC.

meirl

Banned
Op Can you Upload a GameDVR of you trying to join? I Just tried it and it Works without any issues.

Also, are you Ports Open? Is NAT working? Also, teredo Packets should NOT be filtered

Deja

My friends and I, (about 4 of us if I recall correctly) we all bought xbones for this game as we are all huge fans of the proper Halo games. Imagine getting back from a mightnight lahnch and being unable to play online, and also being unable to play campaign, it was a joke.

It's better now, but still not perfect. I've had recent crashes whilst trying to make my way through H:CE with my friend on LASO, and we are in the same room on different xboxes, not across the country or the world. Anyone who says this game is now "fine" are basically not telling the truth, it's much better than it was, but that took 6 months to get to a "not as shit" state.

I don't care what they do to the game when the Scorpio comes out. They should never ever have released that game in that state. Absolute money grabbing scumbags with zero respect for their fans, which is further evidenced by what they've done to this series. Fuck 343. Frank still owes us an explanation too.

c0de

IIRC the performance on some games was not that good. I hope df does a second test come Scorpio.

c0de

My friends and I, (about 4 of us if I recall correctly) we all bought xbones for this game as we are all huge fans of the proper Halo games. Imagine getting back from a mightnight lahnch and being unable to play online, and also being unable to play campaign, it was a joke.

It's better now, but still not perfect. I've had recent crashes whilst trying to make my way through H:CE with my friend on LASO, and we are in the same room on different xboxes, not across the country or the world. Anyone who says this game is now "fine" are basically not telling the truth, it's much better than it was, but that took 6 months to get to a "not as shit" state.

I don't care what they do to the game when the Scorpio comes out. They should never ever have released that game in that state. Absolute money grabbing scumbags with zero respect for their fans, which is further evidenced by what they've done to this series. Fuck 343. Frank still owes us an explanation too.

When was the last patch released?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I don't want to give up on it. Especially with any prospect of a Scorpio patch.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Didn't Microsoft said while Halo 6 won't be at E3, "something Halo" would be?

My hope is that "something Halo" is a combination of two things:

1) A fixed re-release of MCC with Scorpio additions.

2) A free update for current MCC owners so that they're on the same level.

Plasma

Banned
If it is ever going to get fixed it will be now or never, with the Scorpio comong out they have to be thinking about going back to their old games and patching in 4K support. Who knows maybe if they do that they might actually go back and fix the rest of it, I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Didn't Microsoft said while Halo 6 won't be at E3, "something Halo" would be?

My hope is that "something Halo" is a combination of two things:

1) A fixed re-release of MCC with Scorpio additions.

2) A free update for current MCC owners so that they're on the same level.

MCC Fixed edition. New game, full price. Fuck you, pay me.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
And here We Go again. Lol and I still dont get it.. it Works for me...

Like fucking clockwork ... this thread isn't about you.

If they fix MCC and patch in LAN support, I might even hop back on with the Scorpio.

My friends ended up giving me an Xbone a year later for my birthday with MCC. It's gotten just a little better after patches but it still has major issues. Also they got rid of the H1 4v4 playlist which was one of my favorites.

It's c r i m i n a l that they got rid of the 4v4 playlist.

DocSeuss

I sometimes have a thought about buying an Xbox One S to check out some of the Xbox franchises that I've missed out on, having been a PlayStation owner for most of my life. This game has always been at the top of the list for me, but I sometimes read about it having big issues like this and I feel a bit of concern. Hopefully it'll work reasonably well by the time I get it.

It doesn't work in co-op for me. The campaigns themselves can all be played single-player, and, Halo 4 aside, are some of the best video games ever made.

Akai__

When was the last patch released?

13.10.2015. That was when they added quit and betrayal penalties and had some stability improvements.

Prior to that, I believe the last update was when ODST DLC released, so 30.05.2015.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
It doesn't work in co-op for me. The campaigns themselves can all be played single-player, and, Halo 4 aside, are some of the best video games ever made.

Replaying them on MCC confirmed for me that Halo 4 is the second best of those campaigns, at worst.

c0de

13.10.2015. That was when they added quit and betrayal penalties and had some stability improvements.

Prior to that, I believe the last update was when ODST DLC released, so 30.05.2015.

Well, that is a long time without patches. At least performance should not require patches for Scorpio.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
343 has killed the franchise for me. I used to buy Halo at midnight launches each and every time, get the expensive special editions, buy figures, shirts etc.

I rage quit Halo 4 and nothing I've seen since has interested me. Sad to have a franchise I loved dead to me like this, but that's how it is.
Seems like someone grew up

Akai__

Well, that is a long time without patches. At least performance should not require patches for Scorpio.

It's pretty sad, because that's the 3rd time that 343i promised support for old Halo games, if they released a new title and it never happened...

angelic

Banned
The cock up that lost me forever to Microsoft...scorpio could be amazing but my trust is gone at this point, literally nothing is stopping it happening again.

I mean, at this point there's not a whole lot they can do with MCC that will bring players back. The only two playlists left I can consistently find games in are Team Slayer and BTB, all the rest are pretty much dead. I suppose they could offer it on GWG to coincide with a major patch to fix the lingering issues, but I don't think that would translate to long term population growth.

It was a major blunder on MS' part and they never did enough to make it right. Whatever they do with the game at this point will be a matter of too little, too late.

anothertech

Yup, fired it up with my kids a week ago to see if things were better. 2 crashes and an endless black screen later and we shut it down for the foreseeable future,

People spouting 'it works fine' are full of shit.

It's c r i m i n a l that they got rid of the 4v4 playlist.
I miss it, it should be permanent.

Yup, fired it up with my kids a week ago to see if things were better. 2 crashes and an endless black screen later and we shut it down for the foreseeable future,

People spouting 'it works fine' are full of shit.

In on your side, but it does randomly work fine. It did for me yesterday.

angelic

Banned
The only save at this point is a scorpio patch to bring it to 4k, with a load of discrete fixes inside of it too.

The game works for me, I don't understand what you guys are going through. I play a lot of coop and online matchmaking without any problem. There is tho, a problem where the party chat get muted after end of an match... but that happens rarely.

Ikon

I bought a xbox one for this game back in the day. Never used the console since then. And I was really impressed with the instant switching from new to old graphics. Such a shame.
This is me as well. I'm never buying another game for a MS platform until this is fixed - and I'm doing just fine without them at the moment.

Shit's a disgrace.

Halo 5 campaign coop will black screen when you go into a new level. You have to hard reset every time. This has been a known issue for many months, 343 simply played dead.

E92 M3

343 is very incompetent. Shame on Microsoft for allowing this to happen to Halo. They literally released a broken game.

MaxiLive

I think I managed to play 2 games before my Xbox Live Gold subscription ran out 6 weeks or so after release and I haven't gone back to it or signed up for Gold since. It was very disappointing and sad to hear it is still broken.

Maybe we'll see the MCC Remaster on Scorpio? :p Including a full remaster of 3, reach ported and everything running 4k 60fps.

I played all of the single player campaigns in Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST and Halo 4). I never ran into any bugs and I was really happy with it. I played on Heroic difficulty. The only complaints I had was I did not like Halo 4's Spartan Ops and I thought some of the achievements in HMCC were not great.

One other thing. I think this thread and Neogaf's coverage of HMCC has been unfair. When I played HMCC, I expected it to be a disaster because of what I read on Neogaf. Instead, I found out it was a really good game bundle. I think Neogaf's coverage could be improved if thread titles stated what was broken and stated when the person tried playing the game.

tuna_love

Banned
I played all of the single player campaigns in Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST and Halo 4). I never ran into any bugs and I was really happy with it. I played on Heroic difficulty. The only complaints I had was I did not like Halo 4's Spartan Ops and I thought some of the achievements in HMCC were not great.

One other thing. I think this thread and Neogaf's coverage of HMCC has been unfair. When I played HMCC, I expected it to be a disaster because of what I read on Neogaf. Instead, I found out it was a really good game bundle. I think Neogaf's coverage could be improved if thread titles stated what was broken and stated when the person tried playing the game.
stinkles?

he's technically right IMHO, MCC is a very big package, parts of it seem to work pretty well (single player story mode), parts seem buggy (campaign co-op), and parts seem very broken (online matchmaking for PvP).

There are a lot of people that just exclaim "it's broken!" which is a very general claim and not accurate.

I don't think it's a bad thing to ask for some accuracy and detail when people post either their own experience, their summary of other people's anecdotes, or links to bug lists and bug reports.

I remember buying a bunch of snacks and energy drinks for the launch, watched the pre-release stream live right up until the launch of the game... the hype was indescribable. I felt like a kid again, waiting for the release of Halo 2.

Finally the game goes live. I turn it on and try playing some Halo 2 Classic multiplayer... 20 minutes later I give up.

"So many people must be trying to play, I'll just play some campaign for a bit."

An hour later, I tried again. No luck.

"I'll just go to bed and try again tomorrow."

In the next month I was able to play a total of five matches, all with lopsided teams. Two of those games crashed to the dashboard and one of them ended half-way finished.

Maybe I'm being dramatic but I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in my life. I'm genuinely sad at what came of the MCC. I was robbed of what should have been an amazing experience and the game to this day still hasn't been fully fixed.

KageMaru

I didn't think it was that broken still =/ my friends and I were playing not too long ago and didn't have issues connecting. Hopefully the little something 343i plan to show at E3 is Scorpio support for MCC with patches to fix the game fully.

nillapuddin

I played multiplayer for about 4 hours last weekend with a couple buddies and we didn't have a single issue, so fwiw ymmv. It's not fundamentally completely broken
anymore

Deja

I remember buying a bunch of snacks and energy drinks for the launch, watched the pre-release stream live right up until the launch of the game... the hype was indescribable. SNIP

These feels. All of them. I was right there with you.

Now specifically, it's co-op campaign and matchmaking with your friends in the party that are still broken as shit in my experience.

Top Bottom