• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Outbreak Day 2017 – New Poster, PS4 System Theme, and More

Loudninja

Since revealing The Last of Us Part II, we’ve been overwhelmed by the response from the community. In no time at all, you were sharing your covers of “Through the Valley,” photos of your picture-perfect cosplay, your beautiful fan art submissions, and even your real-life tattoos inspired by Ellie’s. Your passion humbles and inspires us and every year we celebrate The Last of Us community with Outbreak Day on September 26—the date the infection hit critical mass in The Last of Us.

This year marks our fourth Outbreak Day and we’re kicking things off with a brand-new The Last of Us Part II poster, PS4 system theme and T-shirt, as well as hosting a week of sales on select The Last of Us content on the PlayStation Store.
As a follow-up to last year’s poster, we’ve once again teamed up with artist Kevin Tong and Mondo to create an all-new The Last of Us-inspired poster. To ensure everyone has a chance to buy one, Mondo is making the Outbreak Day 2017 poster a timed-edition release. Beginning today at 10:00am PT until Friday, September 29 at 10:00am PT, anyone can pick one up via MondoTees.com without fear of it selling out, but after that, it’s gone. Don’t miss it!

Alongside the poster, we’re also launching a The Last of Us Part II PS4 system theme based on the world reveal trailer from PlayStation Experience. Set within the overgrown neighborhood street and firefly graffiti stop sign from the introduction sequence, this new dynamic theme features ambient audio from the trailer, unique key tones, and animated effects. Keep your eyes peeled for it at PlayStation Store.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...ay-2017-new-poster-ps4-system-theme-and-more/

RedAssedApe

Banned
stop...hammertime

is the poster another tease like the one from last year?

tlou-featured.jpg

Would have loved to pick up the 2016 edition but it sold out immediately last year. Wider availability of the 2017 release but I really am not a fan of it's aesthetic, unfortunately.

BigEmil

The theme is not even free it's $3 how lame you don't need that money ND!

One of biggest Sony First Party Dev companies yet they want to still nickel and dime the fans and not thank them by giving something out for free, don't forget the Pay To Win microtransactions in TLOU 1 multiplayer..

khaaan

Wolf could be more metaphorical, i.e. Ellie going lone wolf and coming at odds with Joel. Assuming that's Joel's hand with the hammer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but butterflies themselves don't have any significance in the original game.

Edit:

The theme is not even free it's $3 how lame you don't need that money ND!

One of biggest Sony First Party Dev companies yet they want to still nickel and dime the fans and not thank them by giving something out for free, don't forget the Pay To Win microtransactions in TLOU 1 multiplayer..

Oh, it's paid? Pass for me then. I bought the season pass for the first game and felt a bit burned.

Awesome stuff! Downloaded the theme and I might have to grab on of the shirts. Methinks that between the Sucker Punch interview yesterday and this stuff today, we're getting a nice little preview of what to expect at PSX. HYPE!

I have last years poster and it looks great. I don't love this new one though.

However I just noticed that it doesn't say "Part II" on it... as if its for the original game? That doesn't make any sense with the hammer and wolf then.

shrug

Rated-G

There is a different outbreak day theme with a nice little music free on psn for those interested.

The problem with that one is it’s an old theme and despite themes being updateable on PS4, no one seems to take advantage of that, so newer icons don’t match the theme and the folders stick out like an eyesore.

Also why do both TLOU themes have the most grating sound effects? This new one would be perfect if it just had more subtle sound effects. I know you can shut off sound effects but then notifications are also silent.

I wish they would just update the Uncharted 4 ink theme, that one was so good!

Hydrus

I just realized we are about 2 and a half months away from a potential new TLOU 2 trailer/ demo! Make it happen Sony!

VeeP

Thought the theme wold be free like last years. Oh well, not for me, especially for 2.99. Hopefully you guys like it.

Top Bottom