• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Technika tune (Vita) Features music from KARA.

ReaperXL7

KARA's Step
http://youtu.be/EBHSK4QafnE

Pentavision picked up a couple of licensed songs for DJ Max Technika Tune. "Step" from K-pop group KARA is confirmed for the Korean, Japanese, and North American versions of the PlayStation Vita title. DJ Max Technika Tune will also feature "Signalize" by Paul Bazooka and Mr. Funky’s "Rockstar."

DJ Max Technika Tune is based on the arcade game DJ Max Technika 3, but because of the Vita’s screen size it has three lanes instead of four. New note charts were made for all of the game’s songs.

DJ Max Technika Tune will be released as a retail and downloadable game in North America sometime this summer. Pentavision also confirmed they will make a limited edition for the West, but couldn’t tell us what bonus items will bundled inside.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/08/dj-max-technikas-us-release-has-music-from-pop-group-kara/

DJMAX Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foPIKot1rxU

Realease date will probably be coming soon as by all accounts they are still pushing for a summer release for the game, my best guess would probably be august at this point. Really interested in whats going to be in the CE for this.

megalowho

Nice, there were a bunch of KARA tracks in previous versions of Technika including Step.

I hope they go all out with the soundtrack though, would hate to see Pentavision blow their licensing budget for this project on names folks might recognize when there's so many great charts already associated with DJ MAX that need to be in there.

Edit: I noticed the three lanes instead of four in the most recent footage, that is kind of a bummer. Wish they didn't have to compromise.. as happy as I am that this game is getting a home release, it really belongs on an iPad more than Vita. Screen just doesn't seem big enough for how that game is played.

ReaperXL7

Nice, there were a bunch of KARA tracks in previous versions of Technika including Step.

I hope they go all out with the soundtrack though, would hate to see Pentavision blow their licensing budget for this project on names folks might recognize when there's so many great charts already associated with DJ MAX that need to be in there.

Well from what i've read Tune will have the largest tracklist of any portable release so far, it's also been mentioned that DLC support will be coming aswell if your interested in more stuff after release.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
z2ZLH.jpg

First thing came to my mind.

ReaperXL7

Do we have a playlist so far ? Only J-pop/K-pop crap ?

Not yet, we will probably get a tracklist around the same time as a firm date is announced.

@ the bolded...it's rythem game from a Korean game developer, i'm not sure what you were expecting in terms of music?

Off topic:

yyr..oh man..I haven't seen that name in such a long time. I'm sure you remember me from those DDR days. Hope all is well with you!

On topic:

DJ Max has some of the best music when it comes to rhythm games IMO. Looking forward to seeing the songlist....eventually. Dying to hear more info....

yyr

Of course I do =) Gonna be at Kings again?

If the game is really coming out this summer, I figure we should get a tracklist soon. If we have nothing by late July I would start to doubt the summer release window.

Roubjon

They really haven't released any news at all about this. They say it's coming out in the summer, but I'm starting to doubt it now. I'm looking forward to it either way.

And I have to say thanks to the OP for spelling the game's title correctly. It's DJMAX, not DJ MAX.

Of course I do =) Gonna be at Kings again?

If the game is really coming out this summer, I figure we should get a tracklist soon. If we have nothing by late July I would start to doubt the summer release window.

Is there going to be a Kings this summer? I thought last year was the last. If you have a link with any details, I would appreciate that.

I'm still hoping for a July release. No other Vita games during that month so it fits in perfectly lol.

While I wait for Technika, I discovered Tapsonic that is made by neowiz and it´s awesome for game for android phones...

You guys should try it out while we wait for this GOTY <3

Cowie

...best case scenario.

I was worried there'd be licensed music that wouldn't come stateside and force me to import.. instead, I get one of my favorite K-pop songs announced for the US version? Hot.

ReaperXL7

I NEED this on my Vita. Is it getting a physical release, I remember reading somewhere it's digital only?

In the OP, but it's getting both Retail, and digital releases. The retail release is also getting an LE in all three territories but it's contents have not been announced yet.

Famassu

In the OP, but it's getting both Retail, and digital releases. The retail release is also getting an LE in all three territories but it's contents have not been announced yet.
This is coming to Europe? Or by "all three territories", do you mean Japan, South Korea and NA? :(

ReaperXL7

This is coming to Europe? Or by "all three territories", do you mean Japan, South Korea and NA? :(

Sorry should have been more specific, I ment NA, JP, and Korea. I don't think i've read anything about a EU release yet, were any of the previous DJMAX games released in the EU by Pentavision?

also Pentavision tweeting something about 3 hours ago on their twitter about the game http://twitter.com/#!/PENTAVISION_Dev but I don't know jack about Korean.

Sorry should have been more specific, I ment NA, JP, and Korea. I don't think i've read anything about a EU release yet, were any of the previous DJMAX games released in the EU by Pentavision?

also Pentavision tweeting something about 3 hours ago on their twitter about the game http://twitter.com/#!/PENTAVISION_Dev but I don't know jack about Korean.

Only DJ Max Fever digitally. Even then, it wasn't Pentavision that brought the game to us. It was PM Studios (neither of their other games made it to Europe).

http://www.pm-games.com/games.html

Only DJ Max Fever digitally. Even then, it wasn't Pentavision that brought the game to us. It was PM Studios (neither of their other games made it to Europe).

http://www.pm-games.com/games.html

Just found this (via Siliconera)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151554470925562

We stated in another comment thread that most of the problem with an EU release is that the company publishing the title MUST have an office in the region that the title is being released in. This is why you see a lot of cross licensing of foreign titles in the US and UK. We currently don't have a licensing partner or an office in Europe so it's not something that internally we can just make a decision on and say "hey, let's release this over there too".

In Korea and the US we handle the series directly, in Japan we license the console games to a company called Cyber Front and the arcade release is handled by Konami.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
It bums me out that this is Vita-exclusive when it would undeniably be better on an iPad. I've got a Vita, and I love it. But Technika should be played on a big screen. I can't imagine pulling off the same kind of maneuvers on the tiny Vita screen that you could on the big arcade screen.

I really hope they port this to iPad.

Takao

Banned
It bums me out that this is Vita-exclusive when it would undeniably be better on an iPad. I've got a Vita, and I love it. But Technika should be played on a big screen. I can't imagine pulling off the same kind of maneuvers on the tiny Vita screen that you could on the big arcade screen.

Could they even afford licensed tracks if they're charging 99cents for the game?

"Could they even afford licensed tracks if they're charging 99cents for the game?"

Mobile game monetization is no longer limited to 1-2$ apps, get with the times. Especially for music games.

ZoddGutts

I agree that a Technika game would work better on a tablet. Considering how poorly Vita is doing worldwide, would not be surprise if they bring a Technika game to the tablet later on.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Could they even afford licensed tracks if they're charging 99cents for the game?
They could easily remove half of the soundtrack and charge $15 for it, and plenty of people would buy it.

Alternatively, they could remove all but 3 songs, charge 99c or free, and make song packs for $3-$5. It'd sell incredibly well. Probably much better than on Vita.

patsu

They could easily remove half of the soundtrack and charge $15 for it, and plenty of people would buy it.

Alternatively, they could remove all but 3 songs, charge 99c or free, and make song packs for $3-$5. It'd sell incredibly well. Probably much better than on Vita.

Licensed songs may be too expensive to charge 99c for 3 songs. There is no need to take such a risk if the group is popular. They should be able to charge higher.

On Sony side, the game doesn't look too graphically intensive. Since video is portable, this may be worthwhile as a PS Mobile title. The developers can target for Vita first, and then bring to other platforms on the same stack.

If they are ambitious, they can also experiment with multi-device playback (e.g., co-op) over a common PS Mobile protocol.

Anyway, game looks interesting. May check it out when it's released on Vita. I don't usually like rhythm games except Patapon.

Top Bottom