• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Technika tune (Vita) Features music from KARA.

"Licensed songs may be too expensive to charge 99c for 3 songs. There is no need to take such a risk if the group is popular. They should be able to charge higher."

Er, that's the point of selling the music packs. It's not a risk at all. This is seemingly working extremely well for Jubeat/Jukebeat on iOS and I'm assuming Reflec Beat as well and countless other mobile games. He's saying sell the base game for 99c with very few songs and then make money by selling packs of music. Realistically, the game just needs to be free with a handful of songs, there's no point in selling the game and then attempting to sell music packs on top of that.

patsu

In US, Jubeat is free on iOS with 3 Konami songs: Frogger, Contra and Lethal Enforcers. So Konami doesn't take too much risks since it's all their IP ? No need to pay someone else.

The song packs require the users to pay more. So that's fine.

99c is generally the price of 1 song on iTunes. 3 songs for 99c just seem too cheap. Not sure if the artists and labels would allow it since DJMAX Kara seems to use real music video.

"In US, Jubeat is free on iOS with 3 Konami songs: Frogger, Contra and Lethal Enforcers. So Konami doesn't take too much risks since it's all their IP ? No need to pay someone else.

The song packs require the users to pay more. So that's fine.

99c is generally the price of 1 song on iTunes. 3 songs for 99c just seem too cheap. Not sure if the artists and labels would allow it since Kara seems to use real music video."

I'm not sure what you're not getting here. DJ Max Technika doesn't feature *only* music by Kara, it includes quite a few originals made in-house by Pentavision and other licensed artists. They don't have to include any licensed songs for free/initial purchase.

Jukebeat has licensed music as well.

patsu

If they don't include licensed music in the base package, like Jubeat, it's fine too.

Like I said, they don't have to take the risk by underselling popular licensed songs.

T.O.P

Banned
Just hoping that the screen size of Vita won't be a disadvantage for the game (it will)

Still excited as hell, also wish to see more J-Pop/Electro tracks in the game (DLC is good too) and a Clazziquai exclusive pack, plz

web01

Pumped for this game. Was awesome when I recently found out about an arcade that has the actual machine.

Only downside of the VITA release will be having to get another memory card so I can actually play and download DLC because this will not be released in the AUS PSN store.

Famassu

Only downside of the VITA release will be having to get another memory card so I can actually play and download DLC because this will not be released in the AUS PSN store.
You don't need two, you can just use one even when switching accounts.

It won't be able to fit in awesome two handed moves like this :(
Mmm, Vita's screen is still pretty big, so it might not suffer too much in the transition. If Ouendan can work on a miniscule touchscreen like DS's, I think DJ Max Technika should work pretty well on Vita's screen.

Newline

z2ZLH.jpg

First thing came to my mind.

exactly my thought haha

but in any case... man those KARA girls are hot

ReaperXL7

September 27th isn't Summer. :(

yeah while thats ture, atleast it's not that much later, september will be here before you know it.

Personally can't wait for this, and i'm happy it's on Vita, really can't wait to get the track list as it's supposed to be pretty big, really curious to see what all is going to be included in the LE though i'll end up buying one reguardless. I'm just glad that they are actually releasesing the LE in the US aswell.

Roubjon

Here are some details about the game none of you guys have mentioned:

- Hold Notes & Repeaters employ both the front and rear touch panels. This can be set in the options menu.
- 67 songs will be featured in the game, all with brand new note patterns to accommodate the 3 lane gameplay.
- Some older DJMAX songs included in the game will have new videos just for TECHNIKA TUNE.
- PlayStation Network accounts will be linked to a worldwide ranking system, updated in real time.
- Unlockable multimedia returns with 280 gallery images, bonus videos, and OST tracks.
- Unlockable DJ Icons and Plates are also obtainable in game.

Bemanistyle

I'm excited because 67 songs is the most any Portable has had to date and the addition of a competent ranking system is finally in place. I can see myself buying a Vita by the end of the week because of this game.

"Gonna take mad restraint not to buy a Vita just for this."

It's the only reason to buy one for the foreseeable future. Whether that's enough for you or not depends on how bad you wanna play it.
Wait a few months and buy a Vita used, they already go on ebay for 150$

"Gonna take mad restraint not to buy a Vita just for this."

It's the only reason to buy one for the foreseeable future. Whether that's enough for you or not depends on how bad you wanna play it.
Wait a few months and buy a Vita used, they already go on ebay for 150$

Personally, I think Gravity Rush is a perfectly fine reason to own a Vita now, especially if you're going to be buying this down the line too. There's no way I could have foreseen how much I was going to love Gravity Rush.

T.O.P

Banned
Pre-Order up on Amazon.jp

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B008EQEJFY/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B008EQEK1W/

New Tracks

Shining My Boy / AstroKid
Back To Life / Croove (Croove is apparently going to sing with JC in this song)
Renovation / XeoN
Silent Clarity / Tsukasa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DrrkjyoQoE
Take on Me / Cuve

KARA song in the game
◆ 収録曲リスト ◆
- JUMPING(韓国語版)
- LUPIN (韓国語版)
- MISTER (韓国語版)
- PRETTY GIRL (韓国語版)
- STEP (韓国語版)

-67 songs :eek: even higher than the arcade versions :eek:

such an awesome day :D

I can see End of the Moonlight in one of those images which means the returning songs won't just be DLC at a later date. I really hope Clear Blue Sky is in the base game, that means I could happily import without having to worry about not being able to buy the DLC - or wait for a potential EU release.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Here are some details about the game none of you guys have mentioned:

Bemanistyle

I'm excited because 67 songs is the most any Portable has had to date and the addition of a competent ranking system is finally in place. I can see myself buying a Vita by the end of the week because of this game.

Fuck yes. This is just the stuff that DJ Max always needed.

This thing, with so many songs, and proper online leaderboards = wearing out the touch surface on mah Vita.

hamchan

I feel like buying a Vita just for this game but I'll hold myself back until a price drop. I also think KARA's music isn't very good but Goo Hara is amazingly hot.

Ezalc

Is 3rdCoast in this game? I remember that it was all thanks to the DJ Max games that I got into 3rdCoast.

matmanx1

Any hints on the US release date and if it's supposed to be sometime before or after the Japanese one? I've enjoyed the last couple of DJ Max games on the PSP and have every intention of getting this one but I will most likely wait for a US release.

KARA song in the game
◆ 収録曲リスト ◆
- JUMPING(韓国語版)
- LUPIN (韓国語版)
- MISTER (韓国語版)
- PRETTY GIRL (韓国語版)
- STEP (韓国語版)

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeah.

Despera

Banned
I'll wait for impressions before jumping in. I doubt Technika's gameplay would translate well to Vita's small screen.

DJMP titles were the best thing about the PSP. This could be the reason I get a Vita.

Ezalc

I think it's a given we'll see 3rd Coast, Forte Escape, ESTi, among the other pillars of DJ Max musicians.

Awesome, love me some 3rdCoast. I just wish they made more songs like Reason, easily their best imo.

Anyways, I've been into a music game semi-craze lately but I don't have a vita. This game is probably the only one I'd want on the system but I'll look forward to an OST or something.

Top Bottom