• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

bases loaded no one out... first guy strikes out... second guy hit by shields to knock in the run lol. if he had managed to dodge it the run would have been in regardless as there was no way the catcher was catching that. Shields seems to be lacking some control today.

edit: and that is all the white sox will get... they really need to come out of this funk with RISP... a .120 average in those situations won't win you many games ><;

mernst23

Peavy is so fucking bad in big games. I knew this goddamn team was going to piss the playoffs away in the last two weeks.

Fuck.

The guy has given up 2 runs on 4 hits with no walks over 5 IP. Peavy's not to blame unless you expect him to throw a shut out in order for us to win.

If we lose this game we're done. Even if we tie for the division they will trot out verlander or fister out against us and we'll shit our pants.

zulux21

Peavy is so fucking bad in big games. I knew this goddamn team was going to piss the playoffs away in the last two weeks.

Fuck.

hmmm I must be watching a different game than you are last time I checked 2 runs, 4 hits and no walks through 5 innings was a quality start, heck it's borderline good. I would even say that at least 3 more runs through 5 innings would be needed before I would call it "fucking bad" *shrugs*

Still plenty of time to come back from 1 run down and win it.

zulux21

1 game ahead, 7 to go?

if you are talking about the yankees, you are 1 game ahead with 6 to go now.
edit: dunn should have been struck out..(the 2-2 pitch was clearly a strike but called a ball) instead he is walked... I will take it lol as it's bases loaded no one out again.

is it sad that I am happy about trading 2 outs for a single run ><;

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
91 wins! I think 95 is the likely ceiling for the Braves now. Washington's probably going to hit 100, and well, good for them.

Adam Wainwright is now talking shit about the Braves celebrating and is already predicting victory against the Braves. This quote showed up in the St. Louis paper:

Adam Wainwright said:
No disrespect to what they did, but I think we're going to save the big pop for after we beat Atlanta.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i'm sure the cardinals would celebrate like mad if they clinched on a walkoff hr as well.

zulux21

Wait what just happened in the Rays game? Why did the inning just end?

apparently danks took a half step towards third and missed the bag by an inch on his way back though it never looked like his right foot left the bag *shrugs* I am sure the ump is right because the white sox have been making a ton of stupid mistakes for the last few weeks

alright white sox gotta get at least 1 off Fernando Rodney... which is not an easy feat at all this year ><;

lol joyce you can easily read his lips "god damn.... wow" he got lucky he caught it as he clearly lost it in the lights.

I feel dunn will be the last batter... either strike out or home run... likely a strike out though.

zulux21

and dunn strikes out and the white sox are just about dunn. 2 whole games back with 6 to play and 2-8 in their last 10. meanwhile this puts tampa just 2 games back in the wild card and continue to just be 3 behind the O's meaning if tampa can keep winning they will catch the O's (as their last 3 are against them)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Well Rays catching all the breaks now. I think they control their own destiny? Dunno how tiebreakers work if the Rays and Angels finish with the same record.

zulux21

Well Rays catching all the breaks now. I think they control their own destiny? Dunno how tiebreakers work if the Rays and Angels finish with the same record.

if the rays and angels finish the with same record, and they are both behind the A's and O's still they won't matter :p

if they all somehow end up tied.... I dont remember the rules but they are messy lol.

how awesome would it be if tampa, the yankees, o's, angels, texas and A's all ended up tied to end the season lol

which would happen if:
Angels and A's both sweep texas to keep them at 92 wins.
A's take 1 of three against seattle
Angels Sweep seattle
O's Sweep the Red Sox
Tampa Sweeps the white sox and O's
and the yankees go 2-4 total against the jays and red sox.

not likely (like a .00001% chance), but I would love to see how that would be resolved lol.

Silkworm

NL playoffs seemed locked up.

AL is at least keeping it interesting.

I'm still hoping the Dodgers can make a final push to catch the Cardinals. They look like they'll get a win tonight against the Padres unless the bullpen implodes (which could happen**). So if they win, that'd mean they'd be 3 games back. Sure the Dodgers have to play the Rockies and Giants which are two teams they aren't especially great against but at least the games are at home. Meanwhile St Louis has to play at the Nationals and then home against the Reds, two potentially difficult teams. Then of course the Brewers have series against Houston and San Diego... so never-mind, Brewers get the final wild card spot :-\ *sigh*

** Bases are currently loaded with Padres... sigh.

I'm still hoping the Dodgers can make a final push to catch the Cardinals. They look like they'll get a win tonight against the Padres unless the bullpen implodes (which could happen). So if they win, that'd mean they'd be 3 games back. Sure the Dodgers have to play the Rockies and Giants which are two teams they aren't especially great against but at least the games are at home. Meanwhile St Louis has to play at the Nationals and then home against the Reds, two potentially difficult teams. Then of course the Brewers have series against Houston and San Diego... so never-mind, Brewers get the final wild card spot :-\ *sigh*
All remaining regular season games for the Cardinals are in STL. Considering how much better we play at home, I'm hoping a 3 game lead is enough.

Silkworm

All remaining regular season games for the Cardinals are in STL. Considering how much better we play at home, I'm hoping a 3 game lead is enough.

Whoops. Thanks for the correction. St Louis is the better team so I'm guessing they won't choke away a 3 game lead. But I still have misguided hope for the Dodgers :-\

McNei1y

The Nationals are very good on the road though!!

I'm looking forward to these last games that the Orioles play. That's some crazy, close baseball left.

STANDINGS UPDATE FOR SEPTEMBER 27

CURRENT PLAYOFF TEAMS

AMERICAN LEAGUE PLAYOFF TEAMS

NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAYOFF TEAMS
was.png
cin.png
sf.png
atl.png

American League

EAST
LEADER: Yankees
MAGIC NUMBER: 6
Code:
             W         L         GB
Yankees      90        66        ---
Orioles      89        67        1.0
Rays         86        70        4.0

CENTRAL
LEADERS: Tigers
MAGIC NUMBER: 5
Code:
             W         L         GB
Tigers       84        72        ---
White Sox    82        74        2.0

WEST
LEADER: Rangers
MAGIC NUMBER: 3
Code:
             W         L         GB
Rangers      92        64        ---
Athletics    88        68        4.0
Angels       86        70        6.0

WILD CARD
LEADERS: Orioles/Athletics
#1 MAGIC NUMBER: 4
#2 MAGIC NUMBER: 5
Code:
             W         L         GB
Orioles      89        67       +1.0
Athletics    88        68        ---
Angels       86        70        2.0
Rays         86        70        2.0
White Sox    82        74        6.0

REMAINING GAMES (bold = .500):
Rangers - 6 (3 v LAA, 3 @ OAK)

Yankees - 6 (3 @ TOR, 3 v BOS)

Tigers - 6 (3 @ MIN, 3 @ KC)

Orioles - 6 (3 v BOS, 3 @ TB)

Athletics - 6 (3 v SEA, 3 v TEX)

Angels - 6 (3 @ TEX, 3 @ SEA)

Rays - 6 (3 @ CWS, 3 v BOS)

White Sox - 6 (3 v TB, 3 @ CLE)

National League

EAST
LEADER: Nationals
MAGIC NUMBER: 3
Code:
             W         L         GB
Nationals    95        61        ---
Braves       91        65        4.0

NL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS
cin.png

NL WEST CHAMPIONS
sf.png

NL WILD CARD CHAMPIONS
atl.png

#2 LEADER: Cardinals
MAGIC NUMBER: 4
Code:
             W         L         GB
Braves       91        65       +7.0
Cardinals    84        72        ---
Dodgers      81        75        3.0
Brewers      80        76        4.0
Diamondbacks 78        78        6.0
Phillies     78        78        6.0

REMAINING GAMES (bold = .500):
Nationals - 6 (3 @ STL, 3 v PHI)

Reds - 6 (3 @ PIT, 3 @ STL)

Giants - 6 (3 @ SD, 3 @ LAD)

Braves - 6 (3 v NYM, 3 @ PIT)

Cardinals - 6 (3 v WAS, 3 v CIN)

Dodgers - 6 (3 v COL, 3 v SF)

Brewers - 6 (3 v HOU, 3 v SD)

Diamondbacks - 6 (3 v CHC, 3 v COL)

Phillies - 6 (3 @ MIA, 3 @ WAS)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Yahoo's 2012 season predictions: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ys-brown_henson_passan_season_predictions_040412

Lol pretty much everything is wrong except for Miggy and (possibly) AL Cy.

"HR Leader, NL Winner: Dan Uggla"

Sorry Braves fans :(

EDIT: "Mariners 58-104" Haha FUCK YOU
speaking of season predictions, here are GAF's season predictions: http://sdrv.ms/PJPUxR
  • everyone picked the orioles to finish last....oops
  • al central winner was unanimous (tigers) except for zulux21 who picked the Indians (tigers WC)
  • everyone was down on the white sox (last, supermalo 4th) except for me and BigJonsson (both 2nd).
  • nemss and Acheron_xl picked the nationals to win the east, McNei1y picked them to be the 2nd WC.
  • Mrbob was almost correct about his 140 loss prediction for the cubs
  • I blame Sanjuro for my AL East prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom