• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Lunatics Petition White House for Secession

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So because a few nutjobs make a stupid petition, you guys are ready to write off the entire population of the state? Okay.

I'm pretty sure almost every state has idiots making petitions like this, it's nothing new.

No I'm ready to write off the entire south due to the massive combo of obesity/racism/lack of education/bible thumping/intentionally crippling their own education systems.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Every nation has its segment of crazies. The bigger the population, the bigger the segment.
These people and, say, supporters of the extremists in other countries are of the same breed.

Jenov

No I'm ready to write off the entire south due to the massive combo of obesity/racism/lack of education/bible thumping/intentionally crippling their own education systems.

I'm just going to requote this: Fight Stupid Ignorance With Stupid Ignorance: The Thread

gurudyne

Texas did this back during Obama's first term as well. Hell, the governor was the one doing the sabre rattling, although that was more to the tune of "And if that guy gets elected, well, there's always secession." pandering to the ultra-reds. Nothing came of it because no one is this stupid. Let the idiots have their fun; it'll end up being about as significant as a lolcat email in the end.

mike23

Sure, get back to me when you get it "fully signed" - hint, it won't happen. A majority of LA and Texas don't actually want to secede from the union, it's only fringe lunatics.

Oh look, a list of ALL the states that have at one point or another made stupid petitions to secede or separate part of their territory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_partition_proposals#California
Gosh, we better take these all seriously too.

^^

Hah. It says some factions in NYC have been trying to split it off from the rest of NY for a long time. I wonder how much we could make them pay for all the water that they draw from upstate. Have fun flushing your toilets at $1 per gallon.

BlackJace

I'm just going to requote this: Fight Stupid Ignorance With Stupid Ignorance: The Thread

I understand we might be offending you, but I think most people here don't want LA as a whole to fuck off. Just the backwoods, racist, bible-thumping bigots who wish to turn back the clock.

You know what I say?

Allow secession, allow the states who want to vote on it. Two scenarios follow:

a) It doesn't pass, and then we change the law back to not allow secession.

b) It passes, three years later the state is asking to rejoin the Union and nobody will ever try to secede again.

It's not gonna happen because it would be a logistical nightmare and people would likely die in the case of secession, but I really wish there was a way to teach these people that they better just try to get along with us because they do need us, and as horrible as they may think America is, it could be much, much worse.

Derrick01

Banned
Let them go and see how long they can survive on their own. Guard against Mexico or any cartel activity, have them deal with the kind of pressure we put on most hostile nations (sanctions, blockades etc). Unless Louisiana figured out how to turn rednecks into exports I don't know how they're going to make much money on their own.

Kad5

I strongly believe all associations of people have a right to secession so I personally have no issue with it.

Anatopism

Neo Member
So the crazies want to do away with democracy and decide that for their state. How unexpected that they'd conveniently forget that they're probably a minority even in their own state.

Buzzati

Banned
White House: Alright guys, if this is what you really want...
Petitioners: Wha...what? Wait, so you'll let us secede?
White House: Yep, it's all yours now, guys. We'll take care of things up here.
Petitioners: B..but...So..like, this is it?
White House: Yep.
Petitioners: But I just wanted you to know how angry we were.
White House: Go on now.
Petitioners: Fuck.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You know what I say?

Allow secession, allow the states who want to vote on it. Two scenarios follow:

a) It doesn't pass, and then we change the law back to not allow secession.

b) It passes, three years later the state is asking to rejoin the Union and nobody will ever try to secede again.

It's not gonna happen because it would be a logistical nightmare and people would likely die in the case of secession, but I really wish there was a way to teach these people that they better just try to get along with us because they do need us, and as horrible as they may think America is, it could be much, much worse.

Ah, the 18th amendment theory of history ;)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
This is just embarrassing. I know here in the states being slightly smarter than a cup of yogurt is a right, but do people have to abuse it so mercilessly?

CorvoSol

Secession worked SO well last time. Whatever, I have a hard time even pretending to believe these asshats represent more than a portion of a fraction of a shred of the population.

Mononofu

Let's ship all the crazy white people back to where their ancestors came from... lol

Shhhh the end game to Operation Caliphate by the orders of the newly cloned Lord Barack Hussein Obama is to send crazy white people off world. Their destination? A top serect NBP ran slave colony on Mars. Broken and bitter they will be forced to terraform the blazing surface. The only release? Sweet merciful death. Then black males will saturate the earth, spreading their superior genes to all human female kind. Having archived the ultimate conquest, Lord Barack Hussein Obama will sit on his great white throne. His people will gather togeher and do obeisance him; letting out a mighty roar. Thus signify the beginning of a new age, a second renaissance...

Fin.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Shhhh the end game to Operation Caliphate by the orders of the newly cloned Lord Barack Hussein Obama is to send crazy white people off world. Their destination? A top serect NBP ran slave colony on Mars. Broken and bitter they will be forced to terraform the blazing surface. The only release? Sweet merciful death. Then black males will saturate the earth, spreading their superior genes to all human female kind. Having archived the ultimate conquest, Lord Barack Hussein Obama will sit on his great white throne. His people will gather togeher and do obeisance him; letting out a mighty roar. Thus signify the beginning of a new age, a second renaissance...

Fin.

Half-white throne.

i-Lo

Question 1: How many nuclear weapons are placed in these southern states?

Question 2: Just which states are we talking about besides the obvious ones like Texas, Alabama and Mississippi?

HylianTom

Banned
I would love to see New Orleans and the immediately surrounding areas separate from the rest of this hillbilly state. Over and over again, we vote against our interests, and year after year we're in the competition for spots #48 through 50 in most quality of life studies. Ugh.

Sure, get back to me when you get it "fully signed" - hint, it won't happen. A majority of LA and Texas don't actually want to secede from the union, it's only fringe lunatics.

Oh look, a list of ALL the states that have at one point or another made stupid petitions to secede or separate part of their territory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_partition_proposals#California

Gosh, we better take these all seriously too.

^^

I supported the Cascadia idea. Western/Eastern WA are so different from each other in culture and voting ways.

Edit: I should clarify, the Cascadia I was behind was simply separating Western/Eastern WA into different states, not secession from the US.

q_q

The intolerance people have for the south never fails.
Loudmouthed losers from the backwoods=everyone.

I understand your point but I wouldn't say the South's negative reputation is undeserved. They've basically been on the wrong side of history throughout the US's entire existence. Not everyone, but a sizable majority.

I understand your point but I wouldn't say the South's negative reputation is undeserved. They've basically been on the wrong side of history throughout the US's entire existence. Not everyone, but a sizable majority.

Thing is though(here in Alabama)
its a minority now, but its always such stupid stuff that you're going to hear about it.
the problem doesn't get any better though because nobody moves to those places and they stay an inward society.
Couldn't pay me any amount of money to move away from the bigger cities.

Ponn

Banned
Any of you jerkfaces saying "let them go" has never been to New Orleans.

I've been there, place is overrated, expensive and dirty as all fucking hell (I mean literally, garbage all over in the streets, bags and bags just threwn into alleys, pre Katrina). Let them go, nothing missed. I have a feeling this is pretty small minority trying to speak for everyone else there though.

Movement

Serious question. Is there anything major that southern states contribute to this country either economically, socially, or cultural that you think would be missed if some states somehow seceded? I'm talking Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana etc.

AntoneM

Nearly all products in the great lakes region and central US would have crazy inflation, ignoring the fact that New Orleans has one of the largest and busiest ports in the US.

Additionally, a majority of US oil is off LA's coast.

And what, y'all don't like Popeye's?

Edit: To those saying Louisiana would be poor, if the state kept 50% of the profits off oil, we would be the richest state in the US.
Not when you have to ship it because the US won't buy any.

Not to mention having to protect those waters from US and Mexican interests, lol, good luck going up against the US Navy.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Serious question. Is there anything major that southern states contribute to this country either economically, socially, or cultural that you think would be missed if some states somehow seceded? I'm talking Alabama, Georgia, Missippi, Louisian etc.
Florida? Orlando, Tampa and Miami are high tourist destinations

antonz

Gotta give them credit for actually standing by their craziness.

Always get the whiners who are going to leave the country etc and then quietly merge back into the population acting like they never said anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom