• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Lunatics Petition White House for Secession

Status
Not open for further replies.

2MF

So we've moved from "lunatics wish to open legal proceedings to secede" to "lunatics instigate an armed rebellion against the united states, unilaterally secede, and seize federal assets without compensation".

Writing a petition is just making noise, especially when the petition is not directed to those who can actually make the secession happen.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Not even half the people signing that petition have the sense to list themselves as from NJ.

*lol*

So there is a petition to have NJ seceded that is being signed by people from around the country.

It's the same with the ones from LA and TX. My point is that these petitions are bullshit. Half the signatures from one state are from other places, or the place isn't even listed.

pigeon

Banned
Writing a petition is just making noise, especially when the petition is not directed to those who can actually make the secession happen.

Isn't that the point? There isn't going to be any secession. This thread isn't about the clear and present danger of a divided house, it's about some people being jerkholes on the Internet.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's the same with the ones from LA and TX. My point is that these petitions are bullshit.

I appreciate the intent of allowing these petitions to be created but it's really poorly implemented and shows the true stupidity of some people.

marrec

Banned
It's the same with the ones from LA and TX. My point is that these petitions are bullshit. Half the signatures from one state are from other places, or the place isn't even listed.

That's what I find so amusing.

'Let NJ Secede!'

New York's like "Ya, let em!"

meijiko

As a former Texan, I've been watching the petition pretty closely. Curious now as to what the White House will say, though I have a pretty good guess.

I will say, though, in the very unlikely event that Texas secedes, it probably has the best chance of any state to survive.

As a former Texan, I've been watching the petition pretty closely. Curious now as to what the White House will say, though I have a pretty good guess.

I will say, though, in the very unlikely event that Texas secedes, it probably has the best chance of any state to survive.

White House Response: "LOL"

KtSlime

The states that are filing these petitions to leave have all of our food

If by food you mean corn, which the blue states/Feds subsidize, I think we can get a better price for it elsewhere. Besides, if they secede and continue to do nothing to slow climate change, a few more years like this year and they won't be growing much of anything.

Oppo

We should let them secede. Give everyone 7 days to leave before secession who wants to remain a US citizen.

Remove all US installations power ext.

Then declare war.

Use all remaining bases with Govt military to over run the states local authorities.

Within 24 hours lose and regain all of that land.

Create new federal mandates for those states, and remove all power to vote from their citizens. They will be treated as americans, but without the right to vote.

heh. this was pretty much my answer for when Quebec was considering leaving Canada.

"Very well, sad to see you go. Now defend yourselves!"

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
We should let them secede. Give everyone 7 days to leave before secession who wants to remain a US citizen.

Remove all US installations power ext.

Then declare war.

Use all remaining bases with Govt military to over run the states local authorities.

Within 24 hours lose and regain all of that land.

Create new federal mandates for those states, and remove all power to vote from their citizens. They will be treated as americans, but without the right to vote.

Let the huger games BEGIN!

"We want independence! But only if you kindly give us permission to do so..."

I would love to know how some of these states think they survive as independent entities.

HylianTom

Banned
Watch. We're going to see the Democratic nominee start off with 253 automatic electoral votes again in 2016, with the Republican nominee once again behind the eight-ball, required to run the table in order to have a shot at victory in the Electoral College. And Iowa, Colorado, and New Hampshire will likely start off friendly towards the Democrats once again, especially as demographics continue to march on.

A lot of these yokels still have yet to realize just how very tilted the map is against them. As soon as mass realization finally sets-in, this secessionist talk is going to look tame. This is nothin'. They may seem to be in hysterics right now, but just wait and see.

Marvie_3

Banned
Watch. We're going to see the Democratic nominee start off with 253 automatic electoral votes again in 2016, with the Republican nominee once again behind the eight-ball, required to run the table in order to have a shot at victory in the Electoral College. And Iowa, Colorado, and New Hampshire will likely start off friendly towards the Democrats once again, especially as demographics continue to march on.

A lot of these yokels still have yet to realize just how very tilted the map is against them. As soon as mass realization finally sets-in, this secessionist talk is going to look tame. This is nothin'. They may seem to be in hysterics right now, but just wait and see.

I'm looking forward to it.

ssoass

KA7jA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom