• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

Merry Christmas LEGO-GAF!!

I'm building Bag End with then wife right now. I got the whole LotR line!! I have some building to look forward to!!! Here's to the great community here on LG (LEGOGAF)!! *raises glass*

TripOpt55

Started working on my Medieval Market Village. Very cool so far. I am about halfway through the first building plus I did all the other stuff out in the square. I am going to try and finish the first building tonight.

ghostmind

Possible 2H 2013 City sets:

60012 Coast Guard 4X4 Dive Boat
60014 Coast Guard Patrol
60019 Stunt Plane
60020 Front-loading Cargo Plane
60021 Cargo terminal
60023 LEGO City Starter Set
60025 Grand Prix Truck
60027 Monster Truck Transporter

neonglow

Possible 2H 2013 City sets:

60012 Coast Guard 4X4 Dive Boat
60014 Coast Guard Patrol
60019 Stunt Plane
60020 Front-loading Cargo Plane
60021 Cargo terminal
60023 LEGO City Starter Set
60025 Grand Prix Truck
60027 Monster Truck Transporter

Is 60023 LEGO City Starter Set the modular parts pack?

Merry Christmas LEGO-GAF!!

I'm building Bag End with then wife right now. I got the whole LotR line!! I have some building to look forward to!!! Here's to the great community here on LG (LEGOGAF)!! *raises glass*
Yea after watching the hobbit on Sunday I feel the itch to catch em all...
:/ but no new Lego till I am settled. ;)

Imperial Shuttle is listed as "call to check availability" on LEGO.com. I guess that is short for "it is probably all gone now, but we want to give you a glimmer of hope."
It is spiking on Amazon already, but is still in stock for MSRP at TRU.

This might be the end of the line for this set. Get it while you can for a reasonable price.

beje

Banned
Asking again because it got buried last page. Is Jay Storm Fighter worth it for 13.50€? I mostly want it to get some minifigures and some extra pieces, even though it's a nice model by itself.

Tomodachi

For Christmas I gifted this to my 2 years old nephew.

pho-lego-duplo-5682-le-camion-des-pompiers-4176.jpg

He LOVES it, I've never seen him so much into a toy (anything actually). And I love it as much as he does (maybe even more, lol), didn't think Duplo stuff was so well made and enjoyable even by grown-up kids such as myself. I want to buy him the whole emergencies series now (firemen, police, etc). They look great.

R-User!

Asking again because it got buried last page. Is Jay Storm Fighter worth it for 13.50€? I mostly want it to get some minifigures and some extra pieces, even though it's a nice model by itself.

How much is 13.50€ in US dollars? I saw my son build that, and it looks cool, so if you like Ninjago, you probably won't go wrong with that price; if it's equivalent to 10-25% off of whatever your MSRP is there.

beje

Banned
How much is 13.50€ in US dollars? I saw my son build that, and it looks cool, so if you like Ninjago, you probably won't go wrong with that price; if it's equivalent to 10-25% off of whatever your MSRP is there.

Most LEGO MSRP is €=$ over here (but our sales tax is already included). It's a nice 40% discount anyway so I guess I'll bite.

Stopped by at Walmart. A few decent discounts. Bought these at $12 each. (Quite a few minifigs in the Landspeeder).

Vampyre Hearse was $25 and Ghost train was $54.

Battle of Naboo (7929) was $12 as well but then I would be paying for a Jar Jar Binks minifigure. It looks like the set sells for $40 or so on ebay. If anyone here is looking for it, I can pick it up next time I drive by there.

Just stopped by my local store to see if they had any discount or something new, my god I couldn't have picked a worse time to do that, the place was barren, they sold ALL the LEGO Star Wars they had, only a few basic LEGO city sets and to pretend they still had a LEGO selection they dusted-off some old LEGO Cars and LEGO Dino sets that you can tell they never were able to sell. LEGO must have made a killing this Christmas is this store is any indication to go by.
I guess is going to be like this till a major restock probably mid-january.

Gandalf12_zps03f1aa35.jpg

Just built this little set here, pretty nice, but one thing bugs me since it's my first (and probably last) LOTR set, Hobbits do not get real bendable LEGS wtf?? :( Really disappointed to see that i couldn't even sit Frodo on the carriage or hell, sit him anywhere at ALL really...

Is it like that with ALL hobbits and Dwarves(basically the figures with shorter legs)?

[MG]http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a525/kurillin5/Gandalf12_zps03f1aa35.jpg[/IMG]

Just built this little set here, pretty nice, but one thing bugs me since it's my first (and probably last) LOTR set, Hobbits do not get real bendable LEGS wtf?? :( Really disappointed to see that i couldn't even sit Frodo on the carriage or hell, sit him anywhere at ALL really...

Is it like that with ALL hobbits and Dwarves(basically the figures with shorter legs)?

I noticed that when I got a few CMFs last week (Clown, Red Riding Hood, Evil Dwarf, etc). The shorter minifgs have no bendable legs. It is the same case with Bilbo and the dwarves in the Bag End set.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Gandalf12_zps03f1aa35.jpg

Yes, and I think it's long since time for LEGO to make small legs movable.

Just dusted off some Lego pieces i found on the attic from when i was a kid, so these are basically 30+ years old, i can WASH them in a washing machine right? ;)

I just noticed they are extremely basic colors like RED, YELLOW, BLUE ugh almost offensive nowadays when compared to the nicer more varied tones you get today! What can i even use these for anymore? I wanted to fiddle around a little to see if MOCs are even for me but unsure now...

Chuckie

Just dusted off some Lego pieces i found on the attic from when i was a kid, so these are basically 30+ years old, i can WASH them in a washing machine right? ;)

I just noticed they are extremely basic colors like RED, YELLOW, BLUE ugh almost offensive nowadays when compared to the nicer more varied tones you get today! What can i even use these for anymore? I wanted to fiddle around a little to see if MOCs are even for me but unsure now...

You can use them for inside your MOCs. You often need a lot of pieces in a structure that are not visible. You can use those parts there. LEGO does it too sometimes. The inside of Shelob has bright red, blue and green parts.

deleted

I got my first LEGO set in about 15 years this christmas. My sister surprised me with a LEGO X-Wing. Might as well make a tradition out of it. I enjoyed building it on christmas evening, when I would normaly just watch tv with the family.

Thing is: Now I want a Tie-Fighter and an AT-ST asap...

I got my first LEGO set in about 15 years this christmas. My sister surprised me with a LEGO X-Wing. Might as well make a tradition out of it. I enjoyed building it on christmas evening, when I would normaly just watch tv with the family.

Thing is: Now I want a Tie-Fighter and an AT-ST asap...

LOL welcome to the club :( I also bought like 5 sets in the last 2 weeks :(

You can use them for inside your MOCs. You often need a lot of pieces in a structure that are not visible. You can use those parts there. LEGO does it too sometimes. The inside of Shelob has bright red, blue and green parts.

Good idea thanks!

Thing is though i would then still need other newer pieces for the outsides of my MOCs which i don't have since i don't want to mix up my set pieces with MOCing hmm... Isn't there like a "basic MOC set" out there to get started?

Also: I REALLY want Lando and Boba Fett in my minifig collection now, but i hear they're in no current sets right? I mean i know Lando is in Desert Skiff for one, but i want the Blue shirted caped Cloud City version! Is there a new version in the works? any rumors?

beje

Banned
Good idea thanks!

Thing is though i would then still need other newer pieces for the outsides of my MOCs which i don't have since i don't want to mix up my set pieces with MOCing hmm... Isn't there like a "basic MOC set" out there to get started?

Also: I REALLY want Lando and Boba Fett in my minifig collection now, but i hear they're in no current sets right? I mean i know Lando is in Desert Skiff for one, but i want the Blue shirted caped Cloud City version! Is there a new version in the works? any rumors?

I made a MOC bucket combining these two sets

http://shop.lego.com/en-ES/Fun-with-Vehicles-4635
http://shop.lego.com/en-ES/Propeller-Adventures-7292

just so you can have an idea. Look for sets with neither too many basic bricks nor too many specialized rare bricks so you can have a nice combination of plates, bricks and special pieces and toss them together. Most of the Creator series fit this criteria due to them being designed to make 3-4 different models and some of the "bricks and more" series do too.

Chuckie

The cloud city version is only in the old Cloud City set

Landoc.jpg

Then there is the General Lando version from the Mon Calamari set

Lando_%287754%29.jpg

And two incognito guard versions, the newest one being from desert skiff (like you said)
That set also has (what I think) the best Boba Fett

Lando_skiff.jpg

$T2eC16NHJGoE9nuQeSy9BQMRS18Fz!~~60_12.JPG

I made a MOC bucket combining these two sets

http://shop.lego.com/en-ES/Fun-with-Vehicles-4635
http://shop.lego.com/en-ES/Propeller-Adventures-7292

just so you can have an idea. Look for sets with neither too many basic bricks nor too many specialized rare bricks so you can have a nice combination of plates, bricks and special pieces and toss them together. Most of the Creator series fit this criteria due to them being designed to make 3-4 different models and some of the "bricks and more" series do too.

Hmmm... ok but the thing is these have pretty basic, agressive colors as well that i probably couldn't or wouldn't use for outsides, maybe i should look for some cheap sets that feature lots of white, beige, or grey bricks instead.

@Tence: Thanks for the confirmation, yeah all of those sets are pretty much unaffordable right now except maybe for Desert Skiff which i would ONLY get for that admittedly awesome looking Boba... I guess i'm better off waiting for a new iteration of those 2... hopefully it will show up sooner rather than later!

Chuckie

Hmmm... ok but the thing is these have pretty basic, agressive colors as well that i probably couldn't or wouldn't use for outsides, maybe i should look for some cheap sets that feature lots of white, beige, or grey bricks instead.

@Tence: Thanks for the confirmation, yeah all of those sets are pretty much unaffordable right now except maybe for Desert Skiff which i would ONLY get for that admittedly awesome looking Boba... I guess i'm better off waiting for a new iteration of those 2... hopefully it will show up sooner rather than later!

You could bricklink the minifigures. I think it might be a while for a new Boba Fett.

Edit: Lol..not the original Lando though...thats about 75 dollar haha.

SCORE! Dropped by two Barnes and Noble stores today, and no LEGO on clearance. However, the one closest to home had Villa Savoy marked down 50% because of a large hole in the box. No bags appear to be missing, but I got the set for $32.50 before tax. I also had $20 in gift cards, so I got a very new Architecture set for only $15 or so out of pocket. YAY!

At least I have something to tide me over until the SSD arrives this weekend.

You could bricklink the minifigures. I think it might be a while for a new Boba Fett.

Edit: Lol..not the original Lando though...thats about 75 dollar haha.

I know, then again it kinda ticks me off to spend about 15-17 bucks shipping included on JUST Boba Fett when i could have Desert Skiff for about 30 bucks with 3 other minifigs(granted i am not looking for those but still) and about 200 pieces of Lego hmm you could say that about ANY set or figure though and you gotta draw the line at some point, else i'd keep spending even MORE on Lego than i already am!

Chuckie

I know, then again it kinda ticks me off to spend about 15-17 bucks shipping included on JUST Boba Fett when i could have Desert Skiff for about 30 bucks with 3 other minifigs(granted i am not looking for those but still) and about 200 pieces of Lego hmm you could say that about ANY set or figure though and you gotta draw the line at some point, else i'd keep spending even MORE on Lego than i already am!

I know exactly how you feel. I bought that Desert Skiff... while in all honestly I didn't reaaaaaally want it. But the figs were just too awesome. It has a really good Boba Fett, a Lando I personally do really like (beautiful helmet), finally a Luke Skywalker with green saber for me and some weird alien pirate that looks pretty good for some nobody minifig :p

I know exactly how you feel. I bought that Desert Skiff... while in all honestly I didn't reaaaaaally want it. But the figs were just too awesome. It has a really good Boba Fett, a Lando I personally do really like (beautiful helmet), finally a Luke Skywalker with green saber for me and some weird alien pirate that looks pretty good for some nobody minifig :p

Ahh crap i might just get it in the end lol :( I wouldn't be so mad at it if only we had US prices here for Lego sets, they're always a good bit more expensive here to top off the already high SW set prices :(

In dollars it's probably around 35 dollars for Desert skiff when you guys can get it for 20 bucks!!! But yeah, that ROTJ Luke is one i really don't have but sorta want and i don't see any other sets where he is in that are less expensive so...

mf.luder

Is anyone interested in my collection of Star Wars minifigs? These minifigs range from original launch to maybe 2-3 years ago when I stopped buying.

Luke Skywalker in various outfits, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Stormtroopers, various Rebel Guards, Jar Jar, Padme, Qui Gon, Obi Wan, battle droids, Boba Fett, Jango Fett (minus armor), Han, Leia, Dooku, Yoda, etc..

I'll take a picture when I can, I have to get them all out. They are just taking up space and I figure (har) that someone else should have these. They are mint, been in the bag for the longest time. I was never one to swoosh around my models.

Burai

shitonmychest57
For Christmas I gifted this to my 2 years old nephew.

pho-lego-duplo-5682-le-camion-des-pompiers-4176.jpg

He LOVES it, I've never seen him so much into a toy (anything actually). And I love it as much as he does (maybe even more, lol), didn't think Duplo stuff was so well made and enjoyable even by grown-up kids such as myself. I want to buy him the whole emergencies series now (firemen, police, etc). They look great.

Duplo stuff is ace. I bought this for my Disney-mad 3 year old step-daughter:

She absolutely loves it. All the fun of a dolls house but with a challenging build to do as well. "Can you help me daddy?" If you insist!

New Castle sets! :D

Lots to be excited about there but I already know where my LEGO dollars are going this summer.

Edit: Council of Elrond and Wizard Battle are both pretty disappointing.

Awww shit LEGO has me by the balls, you guys

Those new Galaxy Squad sets are the shit. I might like them more than the Castle stuff. The Lion Chi Temple is gorgeous as well (though most of the Chima stuff looks like a pass for me).

I wonder if any of these screens will still be online in an hour ;p

beje

Banned
The Summer wave of 2013 sets have been leaked!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=519285

The castle sets are there as well as new bigger Creator houses and Jabba's Sail Barge!

http://i.imgur.com/ppYWM.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qr6hx.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TtdLZ.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6U6yK.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The new Treehouse and Family House look awesome, but I guess the pricetag is going to be >60 bucks, which is completely outside my impulse buy thresold. New Creator stuff looks nice as well, might get the green robot.

Top Bottom