• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Pirate Musou 2 announced - PS3/Vita

duckroll

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201212/10025694.html

The sequel to One Piece Musou is officially announced. No release date yet, but it will be on PS3 and Vita.

PBFUg.jpg

0VWRD.jpg

C6bS5.jpg

XTjrx.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Love Musou games, but know nothing about One Piece. Is the first game worth a look?

well, this is a good place to ask this, so here goes: didn't one piece musou 1 skip a few story arcs? is there any info that 2 is gonna do the same?

well, this is a good place to ask this, so here goes: didn't one piece musou 1 skip a few story arcs? is there any info that 2 is gonna do the same?
The main/big arcs it skipped were Loguetown, Skypiea, and Thriller Bark. Enel and Skypiea are in this one, so there's hope for the others...

Glad to see God Eneru and the ruins of Shandora making their way to the sequel. Hope there's more to the Skypiea stage besides Shandora.

Can't wait until they reveal Thriller Bark (zombies and Oars!). I liked the TB-esque island in Unlimited Cruise 2 a lot. If TB gets added, I wonder how they'll fit in Nightmare Luffy.

Excellent! I heard the news earlier but it's good to see some screens. I actually need to get back to the original and finish it up. I was having fun with it, but I can't remember why I put it down. Guess I'll find out soon enough. :D

J-Tier

I can only say...already? Feels too soon to me personally, I'm just worried that the title will fall in line with the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series--reusing a bunch of the old assets and adding assets that were unfinished from the previous.

I paid full price for the first game, I love the One Piece series, and want to fully support it. I'm just hoping my loyalty isn't taken advantage of and that this next game is a good full game.

Dragun619

Love the first one, hope they have all the arcs they skipped the first time around, like Thriller Bark and maybe have all the supernovas be playable too especially Law.

Aru

I don't know if this game follows the manga or the anime releases. We haven't seen post timeskip Ao Kiji in the anime, yet. This game shouldn't be released until 5-6 months, I think.

I don't know anything about One Piece, but the news said this game will cover the "New World" and "Sky Island" chapters (I don't know the English names, sorry).

Also, that Enel guy was announced as a playable character.

I don't know anything about One Piece, but the news said this game will cover the "New World" and "Sky Island" chapters (I don't know the English names, sorry).

Also, that Enel guy was announced as a playable character.

Oh snap, this hopefully means playable villains.

I marathoned through OP last month and i was looking for a OP game to play over the holidays. Would the first 1 be a good choice? Never played a Musou game

Reknoc

Hope Adventure mode is better, less QTEs.

I marathoned through OP last month and i was looking for a OP game to play over the holidays. Would the first 1 be a good choice? Never played a Musou game

Well it's one of the less bad One Piece games so yes. Grand Battle on the PS2 is okay, but the English versions use the old 4Kids dub.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
They need to up their game a bit since was let down with the first one and sold it back after a week.

The whole overuse of the QTEs were irritating.

Jaroof

Love Musou games, but know nothing about One Piece. Is the first game worth a look?

If you ever plan on getting into One Piece, don't play it. Spoilers galore.. but that's a given.
If not, I'd say go for it. It's a pretty solid game, with pretty good musou action, lots of characters, and lots of moves.. and a pretty good leveling/equip system.
It was surprisingly deeper than I initially thought it would be.

Reknoc

I think that's the first time anyone has said Pirate Warriors had a lot of characters. Not only was the playable roster small, but it was the missing a lot of characters that seemed to have full move sets.

Good combat mechanics though I hope they put in a jump button as well as keeping the dodge dash.

Tiu Neo

YES. Playable villains, please!

Yes. Became a fan of the series because of the first game. There are a lot of spoilers on the game, but the series is worthwhile anyway.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Hrrrrrrrm. Not a fan of them fucking around with 'when' Skypeia happened with New World Luffy there and his newest attack.

Hopefully just an initial marketing shot that isn't in the game proper.

Top Bottom